DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

unused plot device?

ravenfier

did i just catch an unused plot devise, maybe something that Rj started to explore and then discarded?

In tDR Mat get the shivers and goosebumps that male chanllers get when a woman is holding/using saidar when Lanfear then Suian were in his room after the healing session. was the unused plot devise that Mat could have been a learner? hum makes me want to read faster and see if there is another hint at this in the next book, maybe this is what we all missed, lol.

did i just catch an unused plot devise, maybe something that Rj started to explore and then discarded?

In tDR Mat get the shivers and goosebumps that male chanllers get when a woman is holding/using saidar when Lanfear then Suian were in his room after the healing session. was the unused plot devise that Mat could have been a learner? hum makes me want to read faster and see if there is another hint at this in the next book, maybe this is what we all missed, lol.

Or it could be attributable to Matt's well known dislike of the power and anything to do with the power. 

I believe men can detect the ability to channel in other men much like women, It would seen like that would be something Rand would bring up.

I don't think they can. Remember when the Black Tower was first starting, Mazrim Taim showed rand that test for channeling. I dont think they would need a test if they could sense it in one another

that would be activly and only if the person was trying to eather learn or a sparker, the test that taim gave right? going to have to read loc to be sure at that.

yes seeing how it does seem that it runs in families it very well could be that he could have been a learner, seeing how at least one of his sisters is a sparker (he has 6 poor boy) but hum wasin't there something that we all missed that was pertaniant for the winning of TG? hum Mat kills the DO.

It is possible Mat is a learner, but if he can learn but has not yet started channeling he cannot detect saidar as a male channeler would. That said, there are other things that can cause goosebumps.

I read somewhere not long ago that that sense Moiraine has is a shared thing with Suian since they were so close. They both got it when channeling near each other. Anyone remember where that was?

Yeah, I remember that. Not sure when it was mentioned or even whether it was Moiraine or Siuan's POV.

They were very close while Novices and Accepted and developed a bond with each other, but not other women.

I read somewhere not long ago that that sense Moiraine has is a shared thing with Suian since they were so close. They both got it when channeling near each other. Anyone remember where that was?

It's first shown in New Spring, then briefly in The Great Hunt when the Amyrlin travels to Fal Dara. I'm pretty sure it's never even mentioned again after that though.

I believe men can detect the ability to channel in other men much like women, It would seen like that would be something Rand would bring up.

I remember that in one of the Forsakens' meetings, told by the perspective of Demandred or one of the other men, he specifically said that male channellers couldn't sense the ability in other men. So Rand couldn't have sensed it in Mat no matter if he had it or no. I think it would be really fun if Mat were to discover he had the gift (/me likes people channelling ^_^) Anyway, he has never channelled before - as far as I remember, he has never been described as using the Void or having the feverish reaction after the first touch to the One Power. But, even if he has the ability and has come as close to channelling as sul'dam are, he still has the fox head medallion. If it prevents weaves from touching him, doesn't that mean it would stop his channeling as well? If it's so, then, as long as he has it around his neck, Mat would never be able to seize saidin. And he has no intention of loosing that medallion out of his sight. So either it will be stollen/destroyed/etc. by someone or Mat will never channel.

1. Cadsuane has a similar ter'angreal and last I read, she channels just fine.

2. Mat may be able to learn, but that is irrelevant since Tarmon Gai'don is nearing.

3. Mat felt a headache and his skin began tingling when Lanfear channelled at him, It came from the weave, not Saidar.

4. Siuan Delving Mat is the only example we have of Mat getting goosebumps when a woman channels. It was likely paranoia in that case.

Archived