DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something I just noticed

Thanatos

Alright.  Reading tFoH.  In the prologue, Fain is talking with Elaida.  He says he doesn't know who he is.  Fain, Mordeth, AND Ordeith.  This is spoken of as 3 seperate beings.  So my question is, who was Ordeith.

And while I am on the subject of Fain, what exactly is the extent of his power.  It is never specifically mentioned in the series.  Speculate.

I don't believe that at this point we KNOW the full extent of his Fair/Ordieth/Mordeth's powers. We know they're pretty intense, and that some of them have come about through the combination of the DO's touch in making him essentially a hound, and Mordeth's touch in Shadar Logoth.

As for an inventory on his abilities that we know of so far, these are what I can remember up to this point, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Increased strength and other physical abilities.

Ability to feel and/or sniff out Rand wherever he may be.

Tainting of other people with a portion of paranioa

Some sort of time looping or web spinning thing that i"M not sure i completely understand.

ADD to it if there's more. That's what I got off the top of my head.

he also uses this name in tSR, again i too assumed Fain used this name to describe himself as he is now, as opposed to Fain and Mordeth.

Almost certainly this has nothing whatsoever to do with the name Ordeith, but if you remove the M from Mordeth and insert the "i" from Fain near the end and you get Ordeith.

I don't believe that at this point we KNOW the full extent of his Fair/Ordieth/Mordeth's powers. We know they're pretty intense, and that some of them have come about through the combination of the DO's touch in making him essentially a hound, and Mordeth's touch in Shadar Logoth.

As for an inventory on his abilities that we know of so far, these are what I can remember up to this point, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Increased strength and other physical abilities.

Ability to feel and/or sniff out Rand wherever he may be.

Tainting of other people with a portion of paranioa

Some sort of time looping or web spinning thing that i"M not sure i completely understand.

ADD to it if there's more. That's what I got off the top of my head.

He does that mist jobby as well when Rand and Min are visiting the rebel camp in disguise.

He does that mist jobby as well when Rand and Min are visiting the rebel camp in disguise.

I'm not good at quotes. lol.

Anywho, Fain did that? i don't recall. Hm. Time for another reread. :D

It is assumed by the characters that this is another bubble of evil.  We never find out if they're right or if it was Fain's doing.

Small addition: Fain/Ordeith has the ability to sense Darkfriends.

Little gift from the dark one. Not sure what book he mentions it in, but I remember him describing it as seeing a mark on them and he just "knew".

remember fain has been using the name Ordeith from the start of tDR, tho one does wonder what that little bugger has been upto for the past 2 books. Has Slayer (Luc/Isam) managed to find and kill him? can Slayer kill him? would Fain kill slayer?

also not only does he have the ability to sense DF's, he can tell if a person had even thought of swearing to the DO.

He can command Fades ( the man keeps one as a pet!), and scares trollocs, he is super strong, and one sliper little devil to catch. Has the power to create illusions.

as of aCoS he calles himself Jeraal Mordeth. so that might be our answer right there.

Small addition: Fain/Ordeith has the ability to sense Darkfriends.

Little gift from the dark one. Not sure what book he mentions it in, but I remember him describing it as seeing a mark on them and he just "knew".

He can even tell if someone has even thought of becoming a Darkfriend. Pretty sure its in TGH, but I dont have that with me.

I'm not good at quotes. lol.

Anywho, Fain did that? i don't recall. Hm. Time for another reread. :D

It is assumed by the characters that this is another bubble of evil. We never find out if they're right or if it was Fain's doing.
Actually we do, but a lot of people miss it due to the answer being found in an unusual location - the glossary for PoD confirms it was a Bubble of Evil. Check the entry for Daved Hanlon.

i always thought ordeith was the midpoint of Fain becoming Mordeth. every time we see him he is closer to mordeth and farther from Fain.

That basically sums it up for me, I also would like to add that I don't really think he should be considered the same evil as The DO, Darkfriends, Fades, etc. or The evil from Shadar Logoth, but some kind of twisted seperate entity of his own.

Archived