DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey Boyo, I made it.

Samuraiflip05

Here to talk about sports.  I'll get into the threads later...until then just had to brag.

So get this......

I get off work at 6 am on Monday.  I rush home, get changed, pick up my BiL, and head down to Busch Stadium.  Stand in line from 645-1030am to buy a voucher for what they call "First Pitch" tickets.  (These vouchers will get you a pair of random unused tickets.....ie, Standing room, or a visiting player's unused comp tickets). 

Got home and napped from 1130-130pm.  Went back to the stadium, and stood in line to get tickets with the voucher.  I only wound up with SRO, but I was in the stadium on the Home Opener.  Woohoo!!  Wandered around til hlafway through the second inning.  Wandered into the standing area near the lower seats.  A woman approached me and stated that she had to leave due to an ill child.  Then offered to give us her seats(Sweet!).  So we enjoyed the last 5 innings from 15 rows off the field in the rt field foul territory. 

Ran into my MiL/her BF, and my Chiropractor with her BF.  All six of us went to an Oyster place(I had catfish dinner).  MiL's BF paid for that.  Then we wandered over to a bar and hung out until almost 9pm.  Finally I got home at 915 and had to leave for work tonight at 930pm. 

The entirety of the day(Seats 15 rows off field, Hotdog, sodax2, peanuts, catfish dinner, and sodas at the bars) cost me 31 dollars. 

And I got to see my first Cardinals opening day game ever.  Go Cards!!

Oh and the Cardinals won on an Albert Pujols offensive show, and an Adam Wainwright 8 inning shutout.  Plus the weather was about 80 and sunny, and our seats spent most of the game in the shade. 

Archived