DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

padan fain a new thread?

seoman

Why are you saying that? we dont have prove that Saidar is failing or Saidin! As far as we know all the funny things that happend were a result of the use of the bowl of winds. It was never stated after the battle in Illian that wierd things with the power happend again so as far as im concerned it has passed.

Or maybe you mean the wards in the tower? that is a result of the DO effect on the world not Saidar...

The unweaving has been used by aiel wise ones for a long time before that so i dont think it has anything to do with everything.

Indeed, Elaynes unweaving in Ebou Dar has no ill effects aside from the explosion. The wierdness of the One Power in Ebou Dar was caused by overusing the Bowl of the Winds, which originally was only made to be used to effect the weather of a small portion of the world, not the entire world. Additionally it has since faded.

The failure of the wards is a result of the Dark Ones corrupting influence on the pattern.

Oh you're referring to individual keepings IN Tar Valon? Mesaana could be doing that too, you know ... or facilitating it. I'm just wondering if the phenomenon is observed in any other location? Besides, weren't some of those keepings on food?

But then, it fits an overall pattern of "wierd stuff" happening all over the place ... I'm not really challenging the idea, I just didn't remember saidar "failing" anywhere else.

Keepings were never used within the Tower. They weren't known until Beonin revealed the secret in KoD.

as for the rests... im going to add a copy of what ive said elsewhere, since this threat is discussed in three different places. So, on the issue of the Keepings in the rebel camp;-

"They are simply too numerous to be the work of sabotage. There must be thousands of individual weavings to sustain the foodstocks for a camp that size, and new ones are woven each time they fail. Someone would have seen if it were the Black Ajah's work, and Halima would in no way have been able to do it all herself... it would have occupied too much of her time, and the failure continues in her absense.

It is interesting to note that those things that have failed are things directly relating to the Dark One. Decay, the wards that keep out rats and weevils and crows, and so on. The wards on the chain towers, on the other hand, remain perfectly strong.

Additionally it is not only the channelers that have noticed this. The increase in vermin, and decay, is wide-spread. It is just more noticeable with the Aes Sedai because it has broken wardings of the power in doing it. But the speed of the decay elsewhere is no less abnormal--there must be a force directly impacting on that. The Dark One is behind it all, and that the weavings are failing is just a sign of the strength of his assault."

• 2 months later...

Little question about padan fain. Was it him who sended trollocs and myrdraal to attack Rand in KoD. He has ability to create illusions and to track Rand. Also it seemed that forsaken didn't know who send them.

KoD isn't yet translated in Finnish and i was able only to read that 40 pages summary from encyclopedia(i wanna collect series in same language)

He has ability to create illusions and to track Rand. Also it seemed that forsaken didn't know who send them.

I doubt that the illusions can mimic the Forsaken "mark" given by the Dark One, so, probably not.

Also, let the record show that before the thread was balefired by forces unknown, I had acceded to Luckers in the case of failing wards. It does indeed seem to be the Dark One.

Archived