DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A little frenchie...maybe not the only one??

ok, I'm a big fan of the WOT, I'm 25, student and a frenchie.

I just want to talk about this books with some (maybe one day friends) peoples. Let me tell you that you have the dark one's own luck, cause you can read this books in your own language. The problem is that in France the translater is almost as fast as....Uh, I don't know but the books are ten years late. the crown of swords is not available in French. So, I try to read them in English, I'm working my english... I don't understand everything but the main.

If you want to mail me private or not, I'll be pleased to answer, I have a little time this year. I'm reading crossroads of twilight so don't tell me what happens next. If you have some questions on my beautiful country(lol) it is the same!

nice site.

Guest Egwene

Bienvenue Valyon! I think there are one ot two french members... and maybe french speaking canadians...

Of course you still have another book to look forward to. I envy you!

There are one or two polls on the book discussion boards, and I don't think anything gets spoiled for you if you vote in them. But maybe you should stay away from reading the posts until you have finished CoT and maybe even Knife of Dreams.

Having said that, you could start a new thread if there is something you want to talk about.... and add the following to the header: No CoT and KoD spoilers please.

The rest of the board is pretty much WoT free... so go for it!!

:)

quand j'ai vu "frenchie," j'ai pense immediatement que c'etait un autre quebecois. ah bon. just pour toi, d'abord: chus de quebec, esti! un cris de tete carre, en plus!

heh heh. i speak french (not much choice here), but there aren't any accents on the forum! tabernacle!

ok, i was really just showing off. je m'excuse profondement de mon francais casse!

that being said, ever heard of the "chevaliers d'emeraude"? by anne robillard, i think. my wife's mom is best friends with the author. just throwing it out there. i haven't read any of them, but my wife's absolutely hooked, you may find them interesting. they sound a bit less sophisticated to me, but they might be a good read, and in french, with no translational delays.

Bonjour!!!

I am not going to embaress myself with my poor french! lol!

Feel free to pop by the Band, and just look for me, their leader! I know I am no Mat, but try my best! lol!

the dude, hi! may I call you LE DUC? I think it's for The Big Lebowski... I watch it for the fourth time on sunday at 01 AM after a big party, I was in Paris.we are all fan of this film!

For the band, Is there a place where I can be informed, can I be part of it? I know that Maybe you'll not understand what I say, but I will make efforts.

the dude' date=' hi! may I call you LE DUC? I think it's for The Big Lebowski... I watch it for the fourth time on sunday at 01 AM after a big party, I was in Paris.we are all fan of this film![/quote']

Testify! Yeah, that movie is freaking sweet. I guess I should not be so proud of such a dubious role model, but hey. He's the man, for his time and place. He fits right in there.

Le Duc will be fine. Another alter ego of mine has been the duke, before he got retired. You know Blind Melon?

Whenever I see Le Duc, all I can think of is "Le Duc du Montagne Noir", an evil man in a cartoon series when I studied french!

And Valyon, an email is sitting in your inbox from me (DM Band of the Red Hand ORG or something similar) explaining more about the Band! If you have any questions, just email or PM me! I hope we shall make you feel welcome!

the dude' date=' hi! may I call you LE DUC? I think it's for The Big Lebowski... I watch it for the fourth time on sunday at 01 AM after a big party, I was in Paris.we are all fan of this film![/quote']

Testify! Yeah, that movie is freaking sweet. I guess I should not be so proud of such a dubious role model, but hey. He's the man, for his time and place. He fits right in there.

Le Duc will be fine. Another alter ego of mine has been the duke, before he got retired. You know Blind Melon?

sorry LE DUC but I don't know blind Melon, but maybe I know his french name, from where does he comes from?

Whenever I see Le Duc' date=' all I can think of is "Le Duc du Montagne Noir", an evil man in a cartoon series when I studied french!

And Valyon, an email is sitting in your inbox from me (DM Band of the Red Hand ORG or something similar) explaining more about the Band! If you have any questions, just email or PM me! I hope we shall make you feel welcome![/quote']

ok, thanks for the news, but I give a wrong email adress. if you can send me emails to this:

jonathan.herry@wanadoo.fr

I'll see them more rapidly. I'll try to change it on my presentation on the recruit thread

sorry LE DUC but I don't know blind Melon' date=' but maybe I know his french name, from where does he comes from?[/quote']

they're a band. they did a song called "the duke" that i've always thought was really awesome, and very representative of me. certain parts of me, anyway. they are awesome. well, were; singer's been dead for years now.

http://www.blindmelon.com/

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/The-Duke-lyrics-Blind-Melon/2BFD19EC9E6766AC4825699600296A6C

Whenever I see Le Duc' date=' all I can think of is "Le Duc du Montagne Noir", an evil man in a cartoon series when I studied french![/quote']

I could see that.... *rubs hands together like villains always do in cartoons*

Archived