DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did Lews Therin Ever Touch The True Power

I was just going throught my last re-read or re-listen as i have the audio books, and had a bit of a brain wave, could Lews Therin have ever touched the True Power.

I was sat there thinking about the Dark Ones seals and about the white and black side of it and thought is the white side created with One Power and the Black side created with the True Power.

I have always just thought that the white side was saidar and that the black side was saidin but wasnt it only men that went to seal up the Dark One? so there wasnt any female Aes Sedai there to use saidar, and wouldnt saidin & saidar both be white being a sort of good power in a way.

This could maybe explain how the Dark One has been able to break the seals with them being half created with his own power and could maybe explain how he was able to lash out at saidin having the link through Lews Therin while he was using it to create the seals.

It was only a thought but let me know what you think.  ;D

Why would he not let Lews Therin use it if he knew that he would use it to seal him up and that over time he would be able to break free.

I do agree that it is unlikely, but with there being a black and a white side of the seals and there being no female Aes Sedai there at the time to help make them the only thing i can think of is that they were made with both The One Power & The True Power.

Maybe he thought it would make it stronger to make them with both Powers.

Maybe im barking up the wrong tree, maybe they were made prior to the 100 companions going to seal the DO up.

Edit: TGS spoiler removed.

Quote from tEoTW prologue:

"...he could not bear to remain any longer.  Desperately he reached out to the True Source, to tainted saidin, and he Traveled."

Saidin and Saidar make up the True Source, at least as far as Age of Legends terms go. Lews Therin didn't draw on the Dark One's power.

Why would he not let Lews Therin use it if he knew that he would use it to seal him up and that over time he would be able to break free.

Why would the DO (the biggest control freak you could ever imagine) let someone attacking his base use his own power against him?

Why would Lews Therin even stop to try to draw on the TP when he knows every moment counts?

I do agree that it is unlikely, but with there being a black and a white side of the seals and there being no female Aes Sedai there at the time to help make them the only thing i can think of is that they were made with both The One Power & The True Power.

There's black and white on it because it's the ancient symbol for Aes Sedai, given what we've seen of the process for making cuendillar, the physiacl black and white seals would probably have to be made before going to Shayol Ghul simply for time constraints. Remember, the physical seals aren't the actual seals, just focus points for the seals.

"...he could not bear to remain any longer.  Desperately he reached out to the True Source, to tainted saidin, and he Traveled."

Saidin and Saidar two halves of The One Power that stems from The True Source.

If you're thinking The True Source and The True Power are the same thing they aren't.

Maybe he thought it would make it stronger to make them with both Powers.

Maybe im barking up the wrong tree, maybe they were made prior to the 100 companions going to seal the DO up.

Edit: TGS spoiler removed.

The yin-yangish symbol is the symbol of Aes Sedai. The white representing the women and Saidar and the black representing the men and Saidin. The two halves of the True Source. This symbol was around before anyone even knew the DO existed. The actual physical seals are just focus points for the actual seal and they were shaped in the symbol of Aes Sedai for obvious reasons. The plan had been in debate for quite awhile before they actually went through with it. Lews Therrin presenting the seal plan and Latrae something or other wanting to use the two great Sa'Angreal. So at the time the seals were made they probably assumed and definitely intended for women to be present in the sealing. So basically you're reading a bit too much into the symbol of Aes Sedai.

The only thing you can think of? Seriously? Not just that there is some way to make black heartstone with the OP?

The only thing you can think of? Seriously? Not just that there is some way to make black heartstone with the OP?

*Kneecaps Mr Ares*....I did that for your own good. To remind you of the satisfaction.

If you're thinking The True Source and The True Power are the same thing they aren't.

Darn me and not paying attention...

*Kneecaps Mr Ares*....I did that for your own good. To remind you of the satisfaction.
I harly need reminding of the pleasure that can be drawn from my favourtie from of torture. I will leave you to dwell on that, while I waterboard you for the next three weeks.

I harly need reminding of the pleasure that can be drawn from my favourtie from of torture. I will leave you to dwell on that, while I waterboard you for the next three weeks.

Doesn't work on me...

Doesn't work on me...
Give it time. I'll just leave you in peace. Well, I say peace, I'll put some music on for you. Well, I say music, what I mean is Miley Cyrus.

Doesn't work on me...
Give it time. I'll just leave you in peace. Well, I say peace, I'll put some music on for you. Well, I say music, what I mean is Miley Cyrus.

Now that is just too far. There's torture and there's.....Whatever Miley Cyrus is supposed to be. Can't you just kneecap me? Please?

Doesn't work on me...
Now that is just too far. There's torture and there's.....Whatever Miley Cyrus is supposed to be. Can't you just kneecap me? Please?
They all break in the end. *Kneecaps Asha'man Kovan* Now I shall replace Miley Cyrus with some Deep Purple. You've suffered enough, after all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jp3de50_d8

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't work on me...
They all break in the end. *Kneecaps Asha'man Kovan* Now I shall replace Miley Cyrus with some Deep Purple. You've suffered enough, after all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jp3de50_d8

Ohhh...Thank you. I can't feel my legs but it's distracting from the pain that was in my ears..And brain.

Doesn't work on me...
Ohhh...Thank you. I can't feel my legs but it's distracting from the pain that was in my ears..And brain.
If you keep up the good behaviour, I'll play you some
as well.

Doesn't work on me...
If you keep up the good behaviour, I'll play you some
as well.

I've never heard of him. But that Piano solo at the beginning was pretty cool. I should ask though; What constitutes "Good behavior"?? Sounds sort of ominous...

Archived