DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Comic Book #1

JediMindTrick

If this is the wrong forum for this I apologize.

Did anyone else pick this comic up - it came out this week if you didn't know?  If so what did you think? 

Its basically the first chapter or two of Eye of the World though told slightly out of order and with a whole new intro set when Rand would be about 10 yrs old.

The Lews Therin part of the story occurs midway through the comic.

The comic ends not long after Rand and Mat first meet Moraine.

The art is pretty good and other than the changes the I mentioned the story is very faithful to book.  My only complaint is that the pace is obviously going to be very slow meaning that at $3.99 a comic its going to cost over a hundred dollars just to cover the first book. 

I also picked it up.  I really like the art in it.  The beginning probably seemed off because it is from the additional prologue that was added for "From the Two Rivers", being the release of the first half of TEotW that was published to introduce younger readers to the series.

As for the cost, you could wait for the series to be complete and just buy the compiled graphic novel that they will be publishing at the end, before they move onto the Great Hunt.  Which is what they did with the New Spring.

Archived