DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Great Hunt: Darkfriend Social

WolfKing

Did we ever find out all of the identities of people at the Darkfirend Social in the Prologue?

I know some have been figured out like Carridin and Ingtar. Maybe Liandrin.  There was a tinker there but probably not Aram because there was never any real evidence that he was a darkfriend.

Does anyone have a running list?  Could there be some more suprises?

The only ones we KNOW are there are Carridin, Ingtar, and Liandrin. There's been speculation about Weiramon is the Tairen High Lord and Daved Hanlon is the Andoran Queen's Guard. Aram seems unlikely as we've never seen any evidence of him being a Darkfriend. Besides those three we really don't know.

I'm especially interested in the tinker.  We've only met a few, specifically Aram, the Seeker and his wife.  Always looking for the song.  We agree that Aram is unlikely. Could either the Seeker or the wife be a DF?  If so, talk about a shot coming from out of no where.  Surely a tinker would not have been mentioned and then nothing followed up with it.

Ya, it seems weird having a Tinker in there if it wasn't Aram.  I've always thought that it was meant to be him, but then Jordan changed his mind and had him seduced by the Prophet instead.

Riding around in a wagon singing songs and avoiding most everybody would seem an oddly useless task for a DF.

BOW TO ME AND I SHALL GIVE YOU THE SONG AND ALL TUATHA'AN WILL KNOW YOU FOREVER! MWUAHAHAHA

Good reason to go DF to me.

Also, could have just been someone dressed as a tinker to keep his identity secret.

I'm wondering if the second BA was Verin.

I'm also interested in who the df sea folk guy was.

Some of the mentioned speculation/info appears on this page::

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/books/tgh/prologue.html

Wasn't Asmodean dressed like a tinker at some point?

Asmodean's earliest actions seem to be during the time period of Shadow Rising.

Or if Asmodean was released around that time, not sure if Asmodean would come to it  (or stay if he came).  Nor if he would have been invited.

I took the references to Sea Folk and Tinkers to be simply an illustration of how far and wide DFs rae spread - that the Ishy, and through him the DO, has servants in all lands, all walks of life, including the most harmless seeming people in the world, the Tinkers.  I don't expect that each of them will play any further role in the story however.

Archived