DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What WOT character are you most attracted to?

TheBeerPatriot

It can be for superficial reasons, or based on a character's personality.  Or for any reason you want, everyone has their own reasons, right? So anyway, I'll start it off...

Aviendha-fiery personality, shoulder-length reddish hair, and blue/green eyes.  Loved her in Fires of Heaven (surprise!), and I just like how her character has developed throughout the series

Birgitte-ever since her intro in TGH, I've always loved her sense of humor.  I thought her scene when she was ripped of Tel'aran'rhiod was moving, and loved her interaction with Mat in ACOS.  She has a roguish personality, and I'm always a sucker for blue eyes.

I'll say that I was initially attracted to Elayne at first.  I enjoyed the flirt scenes with Rand, and she sounds truly beautiful.  I also liked her interaction with Mat, especially in LoC and ACOS.  But since TPoD, I felt her character has been reduced to whining with the Sea Folk, other Aes Sedai and Andoran nobles.  And since she's become pregnant too? Forget it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well Galad sounded so good at the start: handsome,honest,always does the right thing, but he is so irritating for me now that i'd happily put him to Berelain's hands...i do think Mat is attractive for anyone. And...well i liked Taim since he first appeared in the series,but i dont know why

The Dragon Reborn, The Coramoor, The Car'a'carn, He who comes with the Dawn, Shadow Killer,

The Lord of Morning, The Shepherd, Rand al' Thor has been my crush since the beginning of the series and still is.  He is very brave and responsible but not as stuffy as his half brother Galad, extremely loyal to his friends, a real gentlemen, very handsome but not cocky nor does he ever use his looks to his advantage, and extremely selfless. He is always thinking about others and he respects his elders (like that little old philosopher dude that was killed) unless they give him reason not to. The little things he does like finding something nice to say to that man about the engine even though he had no idea what it was, or in the KOD he tried to save those young boys Min had a sad viewing of even though he knew it was futile, or how brotherly he is with Mat really touch my heart.

Moraine, and its not even close.

2a and 2b are Lan and Berelain, and to tell you the truth, the idea of THAT little scenario playing out (with me in the middle) might just be enough to sway me away from my blue ajah sweetie.

After all, what happens while she's away in that awful tower doesn't really count anyway, does it?

Lanfear can be my mistress of the dark any night....but she will need to be taught submission...Maybe a bit of Compulsion.

The crazy ones really do have an appeal all their own, don't they? At least, when they're smokin hot they do ;)

While the description is downright hot for Lanfear, and Greandal is such a dirty girl, out of all the Forsaken I would be more attracted to Semihrage.

Sooo yeah, I know where you're comin from.....

My favorite used to be Gawyn.  :-* He's really kind, and caring, not to mention *spoiler for TGS*

But I don't know, Mat's starting to grow on me. :) I also LOVE Logaine. He's got this really cool, laid-back appeal, and the kissing scene in Knife of Dreams, I think it was, was honestly one of the best romance scenes. :D

Aviendha in tFoH, LoC, & tGS (i.e. whenever she's not with Elayne)

Min whenever she's not being too cheeky

Berelain when she's not scrapping with Faile

Moiraine when she lets her guard down a bit

Aviendha is inherently attractive because she's an athletic redhead, but the portrayal of her personality isn't always flattering. However, the scenes between Rand and Aviendha after they sleep together but before she leaves for Salidar (esp. those in LoC) form some of RJ's most realistic writing about male-female romantic tension.  Rand and Aviendha are actually written as intelligent adults who recognize their overwhelming attraction to each other while refusing to act on it (albeit for different though plausible reasons).  This is a welcome change from RJ's usual style of having POV characters think and act like flabbergasted, naive adolescents who hold folksy interior monologues belittling themselves and each other for having sex drives.  Seeing Aviendha through Rand's eyes in LoC, one can really feel his desire and longing for her, while at the same time understanding and believing his reasoning for holding himself back from her. 

Min is almost always likable and attractive (I like short girls), and I find her complete devotion to Rand to be endearing and admirable, not boring.  I understand why some people don't like her because they think she's defined only by her relationship with Rand, but I think WoT has enough "strong, formidable, statuesque, imposing, forceful" etc, women already.  Rand needs someone who's there to help him by helping him, not by browbeating (or fistbeating, or Air-weave beating) him.  Plus she's turning out to be a capable scholar of history and prophecy in her own right.  The only time I get turned off by Min is when RJ gets gives in to his bad habit of writing dialog overfull of "woolhead" or "sheepherder" or other trite folksy epithets.

Berelain is attractive because she's really hot, but more importantly, she's one of the very few characters who seems to be genuinely loyal to Rand.  She may have initially been motivated by the desire to secure and protect her nation (which is not inadmirable anyway), but I think she now serves Rand more out of desire to help him help the greater good.  She seems to actually like him and respect him, and under different circumstances I could see them becoming friends-with-benefits, and maybe more.  I know I sure would have in his place, until Min came around to fill the position; in fact, if WoT were written with main characters that were a little less chaste I could see that being an interesting twist.

Finally, Moiraine was suprisingly appealing at times , especially during tDR as seen from Perrin's perspective.  Before he met Faile, I think he may have been a little hot for teacher.  Whenever RJ gives us glimpses past the crystal armor of Aes Sedai cool and Cairheinin royal stiffness, we get a glimpse of Moiraine the woman, and I bet she's got a lot of passion built up under there.

Finally, Moiraine was suprisingly appealing at times , especially during tDR as seen from Perrin's perspective.  Before he met Faile, I think he may have been a little hot for teacher.  Whenever RJ gives us glimpses past the crystal armor of Aes Sedai cool and Cairheinin royal stiffness, we get a glimpse of Moiraine the woman, and I bet she's got a lot of passion built up under there.

The times Moraine really got to me were always times like that. When she danced in the village that time with the boys, for example, or when she begged Rand to listen to her and agreed to do whatever he said in return... she was so vulnerable there that it really touched me and that just made her all the more attractive.

But to be fair, since I'm a girl, what really got me on board was the revelation that she and Siuan were 'pillow-friends', because, well, I realized that SHE was on board too.  :-*

Agree about Berelain, though... just flat-out smoking hot. Gotta love the challenge there too.

The only men I've really been attracted to in the series were Lan and Rhuarc, and for pretty much the same reasons, which aren't hard to figure out. To appreciate the soft, you've got to have a little of the hard, you know?

Archived