DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logan to kill the Dark One

Frost Wynters

Logain's glory to come.. possibly glory above all men.  I'm wondering if this means that it will be Logain to kill the Dark One. Or at the very least, he could be the one to finish off the DO.  I think we all have a some thought about a body swap sometime, but what if that body swap is before the DO is dead? (yes, i'm assuming that this time he will be killed... could be wrong.. but that's what i'm going with now)  I believe its been mentioned something about Logain stepping over what seems to be Rand's body at some point. I believe he is stepping over the body to finish off the DO.

thoughts and/or opinions anyone?

I don't think that Logain's "glory to come" has anything to do with defeating the DO. 

If it was that simple, why even have the Dragon Reborn?  If some jumped up channeler had the strength, the timing, and the ability that the strongest ta'veren ever had, it would be a disappointing end to a fantastic series. 

And another thing, the DO will NOT be defeated this time or any other time.  The Wheel is cyclical.  The DO will always exist.  It is just a part of the struggle from Age to Age.

I don't claim to know what Logains glory will be, but I don't think it has anything to do with defeating the DO.  The bodyswap theory is a very good theory, but I think it would be Ishydin or someone else, not Logain.

I suspect killing the Dark One (through any means) would destroy the Pattern since the Pattern seems to be the balance of the Creator and Dark One.

If Logain's power and glory relates to the Dark One, it would probably be through finishing the re-sealing of the bore.

I don't think that Logain's "glory to come" has anything to do with defeating the DO. 

If it was that simple, why even have the Dragon Reborn?  If some jumped up channeler had the strength, the timing, and the ability that the strongest ta'veren ever had, it would be a disappointing end to a fantastic series. 

And another thing, the DO will NOT be defeated this time or any other time.  The Wheel is cyclical.  The DO will always exist.  It is just a part of the struggle from Age to Age.

I don't claim to know what Logains glory will be, but I don't think it has anything to do with defeating the DO.  The bodyswap theory is a very good theory, but I think it would be Ishydin or someone else, not Logain.

I disagree I do believe it will fall to Logain and as far why have the Dragon Reborn perhaps Rand will deal a devastating blow to the DO but in doing so will sacrifice himself by drawing too much of the OP to do it and so will die but he will do this with Logain there with him knowing that Logain can finish the job now that the DO has been weakened whether this is killing him or just sealing him up. It is very plausible IMO

I think Rand will be severely wounded in Tarmon Gaidon and will be secreted away by three women to recover and live in peace. It will become widely known that he died and Logain will take up the rebuilding of the Black Tower - possibly in cooperation with the Amyrlin seat. His name will be the one remembered, in the end because of his close ties to the Black Tower after the Last Battle, and in time we'll have Thom's foreshadowing that Rand won't be remembered as the Dragon at all - Logain will.

Logain's glory to come.. possibly glory above all men.  I'm wondering if this means that it will be Logain to kill the Dark One. Or at the very least, he could be the one to finish off the DO.  I think we all have a some thought about a body swap sometime, but what if that body swap is before the DO is dead? (yes, i'm assuming that this time he will be killed... could be wrong.. but that's what i'm going with now)  I believe its been mentioned something about Logain stepping over what seems to be Rand's body at some point. I believe he is stepping over the body to finish off the DO.

thoughts and/or opinions anyone?

Im toying with the idea that Rand has to sacrifice himself by letting the Dark One inhabit his body, but Rand then jumps into Moridins. The Dark One, now in Rands body, thinks he has won-he is inside the Pattern. But he is in a mortal, half-crippled body-cue Alivia, who kills "Rand" with Callandor. Logain steps over Rands dead body, after a chat with Rand-in-Moridins-body.

RAND: You have to lead the Asha'man, Logain. They do not recognise me, and a familiar face is what they need.

LOGAIN: Um-kay. Steps over Rands dead body, mounts the Black stone, is the new M'Hael.

Noone can kill the Dark One. Not even the Creator. They are both immortal gods.

I am capable of forming my own oppinion Nightstrike. Do not harras me about it, we have already been banned from a thread because of this very same arguement. If you reply in this thread as to whether that scenario is possible I will report you because the way that went got us both banned. I know your opinion about that, you dont need to go into it again.

I believe Logain is one of the good guys.

I agree. I want more of the Logain-Bashese-Loial trio.

You know, I myself thought about Logain before and his "glory." I'm not sold on the whole Logain killing the DO but we do have to keep in mind as it was stated and restated that Rand's presence at the LB is needed in order for Light to HAVE A CHANCE to win. There is no indication that he will be the one directly defeating the DO. His blood on black rocks is a given but there is nothing about him defeating the DO in direct confrontation. Maybe, just maybe, the whole centering on DR is wrong and he is only a "means to the end." It would be pretty crazy if Rand actually destined to play smaller part in the end that we tend to believe. Also would fit how Verin thinks he's fighting the battle the wrong way. At the end of the day, no one really knows what exactly Rand meant to do at the LB.

Do you guys really need to play hallway monitor with eachother on a website about magic and dragons.  Grow the fuck up.

Way to set an example. Pardon me for not wanting to be banned from another discussion.

I dont even know why I bother with this side of Dragonmount anymore.

Archived