DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moghedien, Nynaeve and Rand..

Jon Paul

In T'A'R after Rand's battle with Rhavin finished, and he met with Nynaeve and Moghedien, why didn't he recognise Moghedien for who she was?  Earlier in the book whilst he was travelling through the Waste to the Pass, he thought about how he already had the perfect image of Sammael, and he knew it was from Lews Therin's memories and not the description given him by Asmo'.

I'm just curious as to why seeing Moghedien didn't jog his memory a little.

Like another poster told, Nynaeve might have been blocking the view of Moghedien.

And/Or Moghedien might have been able to do Illusion at some time.

Not possible.

She was wearing a'dam and she couldn't channel unless Nynaeve lets her.

Not possible.

The fire against Rahvin, that might have been a probable time where Nynaeve let her.

Another possibility: Moghedien fixing in her mind her own appearance.  Nynaeve would not have had knowledge then of how to prevent such attempts (if the attempts could be prevented).

Though Moghedien was covering her own face with her hands; she might have still been when Rand appeared.

You dont need to channel to manipulate T'A'R

yes but nyn probably woulda crushed her attempts to change herself, she did so when mogh tried to get out of the adam

Moghedien's attempt to get out of the adam seemed not any different than what would have been attempted in the waking world.

Manipulating Telaranrhiod in other ways I guess would not be as easily prevented.

Perhaps even Lews Therin wouldn't know what Moghedien looked like - she has always been extremely secretive and her style is to wait and pull the strings while remaining hidden - that's why they named her after a tiny, deadly spider. It could be that because of this he didn't know what she looked like, or she had never allowed herself to be seen other than behind illusion during the War of Power.

Not possible.

The fire against Rahvin, that might have been a probable time where Nynaeve let her.

Another possibility: Moghedien fixing in her mind her own appearance.  Nynaeve would not have had knowledge then of how to prevent such attempts (if the attempts could be prevented).

Though Moghedien was covering her own face with her hands; she might have still been when Rand appeared.

You dont need to channel to manipulate T'A'R

yes but nyn probably woulda crushed her attempts to change herself, she did so when mogh tried to get out of the adam

Moghedien's attempt to get out of the adam seemed not any different than what would have been attempted in the waking world.

Manipulating Telaranrhiod in other ways I guess would not be as easily prevented.

I just reread that book and from what I saw is that Mogh tried to remove it by fixing herself in her mind but Nyn could sense it through the Adam and forced her to stop fighting it

Perhaps even Lews Therin wouldn't know what Moghedien looked like - she has always been extremely secretive and her style is to wait and pull the strings while remaining hidden - that's why they named her after a tiny, deadly spider.

But before Lillen Moiral became known as Moghedien she had made middle-rank in Lews Therin's command structure, and it was due to her intelligence gathering that the Shadow made many great swathes into Light-controlled territories.  Lews Therin must have had enough contact with her to know her, especially after her betrayl, her face should be burned into his very soul.

It could be that because of this he didn't know what she looked like, or she had never allowed herself to be seen other than behind illusion during the War of Power.

Possible.. but I highly doubt she hid her self with illusion so well for half the War.  Even regarding the conflicting time-lines of the War, 5 years would have been hard enough to hide behind Illusion, 30+ years.. no chance.

Archived