DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"To live you must die"

SAN

"To live you must die"

I was thinking about this particular prophecy given as an Answer by the Aelfinn and about how Alivia will help Rand die. I also noticed how Lews Therin is becoming more and more of a nuisance to Rand. Now in essence LTT and Rand are two consciousnesses inhabitting the same body.

Now these prophecies really arent entirely obvious, so I built up the theory that "To live you must die" actually refers to LTT dying (Maybe Rand will be dead for a second or two in the process) and Alivia helping Rand Die/Kill LTT

Was wondering what you thought of this theory?

Cheers!

That, my friend, is almost as popular a question on these boards as "Who killed Asmodean?" (though nothing could be that popular).

Take a look down the boards and you'll find all sorts of "LTT dies and Rand is finally left alone in his skull" or "Rand switches bodies with Moridin and he dies" or "Rand pretends to die and Logain takes his face to go kick Taim's butt at the Black Tower" as well as a myriad of other assorted theories...

Have Fun! :lol:

Guest cwestervelt

SAN,

That is the basic interpretation of the prophesies that I use. I have a hard time buying into the Moridin body swap thing. I can see where people are coming from with that one (Min's vision of someone merging with Rand and all) but it just sounds to contrived.

Archived