DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] March's Music Theme - Best Male Vocalist (The Band's "Dream Band")

Corki

The Band's search for its Dream Band continues in March. With Within Temptation's Sharon den Adel winning the position of Female Vocalist, she joins Carlos Santana, the guitarist, and Geddy Lee, the bass player, in our Dream Band. Now our focus shifts to the world of male vocalists. And there are a host of activities surrounding this theme, which you can find highlighted below.

NOMINATE YOUR BEST MALE VOCALIST

Until Sunday 14th March 2010, I am looking to you to nominate who you think are the best male vocalists. Between 8 and 16 is what I am looking for, and those nominated will go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to decide who takes the role of Male Vocalist in the Band's Dream Band.

Nominate your male vocalists in this thread --> nominations are now closed

IT'S A KNOCKOUT

Once we have our nominations, there will be a "It's A Knockout" thread to pick the winner and who takes the position of Male Vocalist in the Band's Dream Band.

"It's A Knockout" thread

TUNE OR NO TUNE

As a result, for the following weeks, songs that have some of the best male vocalists will be picked for "Tune or No Tune", along with a song by Sharon den Adel, the winner of the Female Vocalist battle:

- Monday 1st March 2010 --> Ice Queen by Within Temptation

- Monday 8th March 2010 --> Long Tall Sally by Little Richard

- Monday 15th March 2010 --> You Got It by Roy Orbison

- Monday 22nd March 2010 --> I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye

- Monday 29th March 2010 --> Somebody to Love by Queen

If you want to nominate a song that you think has some amazing male vocals in it for "Tune or No Tune", please contact me by PM or email (shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk).

ORIGINAL vs. COVER

After the success this thread had in September, this thread is still going strong. Each week, 2 songs will be posted for your to vote on. At the moment, Krakalakachkn is running the show. Also, if you want to run the thread for a week, please drop Corki a PM.  

THREAD: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,47430.0.html

GENERAL THREADS

There will hopefully be a thread to discuss the great male vocalists, and you can post clips of their singing talent as well.

MARCH BANDNESS

The local radio station of one of our members holds a contest every month to determine the best in the rock genre. To get involved with the KSHE95 Radio station contest, check out their website and use your mobile/cell phone to text your votes. However, you can also get involved with the Band of the Red Hand, as we will be running the same brackets at the same time - but free!

BotRH THREAD: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,55254.0.html

Nominations for male vocalists for the Band's Dream Band has now closed. We got 13 names, so I had to add an extra three. And as a result, we are now onto the "It's A Knockout" stage of the month as we use this contest to determine who will be the male vocalist for the Band's Dream Band.

First up is Ray Davies of the Kinks, who takes on Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, which should be an interesting battle to start us off on.

Click here to go and vote in the first tie of the contest

To see the rest of the ties for the first round, click here.

The latest "Tune or No Tune" has gone up. It continues our theme of focusing on male vocalists. The song chosen is You Got It by Rob Orbison, and you can vote here.

Ray Davies of the Kinks beat Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance in the first tie of the 1st Round of the "It's A Knockout" thread to determine the male vocalist for the Band's Dream Band. Next up sees Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour take on Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian. To vote, follow this link.

And I think we have nearly caught up in our version of the KSHE95 March Bandness thread! To find out what the current groups up for the vote are, click here.

The third tie of the First Round saw Ronnie James Dio beat Brian Adams with a close 3-2 victory.

The fourth tie will be interesting as it pits Journey's Steve Perry against Jeff Buckley. Your votes will decide who wins. To vote, click here.

Don't forget to stay up to date with the Band's version of KSHE95's March Bandness thread: click here to get involved.

The fourth tie saw Steve Perry of Journey triumph over Jeff Buckley by 2 votes to 1. A bit of a low turnout, so I am hoping for a few more votes in the next tie, which sees Michael Barnes of RED take on Joacim Cans of Hammerfall for a place in the second round.

Don't forget to stay up to date with the Band's version of KSHE95's March Bandness thread: click here to get involved and vote in the last ties of the 1st Round

Monday has seen a bumper amount of activity within the Band, which I hope to give a run down on below.

In our "It's A Knockout" contest to see who takes the place of Male Vocalist in our Dream Band, Meat Loaf knocked out Bruce Dickinson, to take his place in the second round. The seventh tie of the first round sees Freddie Mercury of Queen take on Dustin Kensrue of Thrice. To vote, click here.

This week's "Tune or No Tune" features the Motown great, Marvin Gaye. The chosen song is I Heard It Through The Grapevine, and you can vote here to decide if it is a tune or not.

"Original vs. Cover" returns, and it is a double bill. The contests are as follows:

- Crazy in Love, with Beyonce's original taking on Switchfoot's cover

- Mambo Number 5, with Perez Prado's original taking on Lou Bega's cover

To get involved, vote here.

In the Band's version of KSHE's March Bandness, we have moved onto the second round. You can stay up to date with this thread: click here to get involved and vote in the first of the Second Round Ties

I have been quiet for a couple of days, but time to end that!

We have now moved into the Second Round of the "It's A Knockout" contest to find the Male Vocalist for our Dream Band. First up for a place in the semi-finals are Glenn Hansard and Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian. To vote, click here.

In the Band's version of KSHE's March Bandness, the next set of ties for the second round have been posted. You can stay up to date with this thread: click here to get involved and vote in the first of the Second Round Ties

We are drawing to a close with our "It's A Knockout" contest to determine the Male Vocalist for the Band's Dream Band. The Grand Final sees Queen's Freddie Mercury take on Ronnie James Dio. And in the 3rd/4th Play-Off, Meat Loaf takes on Blind Guardian's Hansi Kürsch.

"Tune or No Tune" will follow once the winner of the "It's A Knockout" contest has been decided.

"Original vs. Cover" features You Really Got Me this week, with the Kinks' original taking on Van Halen's cover. Click here to vote.

In the Band's version of KSHE's March Bandness, all the ties for Round 3 are up: click here to get involved and vote in the Third Round Ties

Also, check out this thread and vote what order the next two music themes for the Band of the Red Hand will be - soundtracks or classical music?

Archived