DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Corki

Target (Archers Regiment Shop)

A tall lanky man that moves like a willow dances in the wind stands behind the counter.

”Welcome friends! My name is Dodger. What my I get for you?”

Welcome to...

TARGET

Home to all Archer related kit and skills!

Archery Skills

Please find the three possible skills you Archers need for the Arena.

Sling - 5 GP

Cross Bow - 20 GP

Bow - 10 GP

PLEASE NOTE: Upgrade only in affect when using a Bow. The Accuracy is an automatic add on to your roll, i.e. you can not roll a zero with these equipped.

Bow Level Cost ACC Gain

Bow II 30 GP ACC +1

Bow III 70 GP ACC +2

Bow IV 150 GP ACC +4

Bow V 360 GP ACC +6

Apollo’s Blessing 630 GP ACC +8 + Double Hit*

*= Double hit is two attacks per round so two separate Accuracy rolls

Edited by Jeannaisais

Projectile Weapons

Projectile weapons (bows, slings and crossbows) may cause less damage than other weapons, but because of its power and speed, a shot from these types of weapons goes through damage reducing armour (AR- type) and can not be soaked with STR.

Thus, someone fighting an Archer using projectile weapons doesn’t need to roll STR (except if they need it for calculating damage if their attack was hand to hand due to a botch).

Bows do not have a WS score, they are all base damage.

Slings

Please Note: Requires Sling Skill

Sling

Two leather straps with a leather basket.

- Requirements: None

- Cost: Free

Crossbows

Please Note: Requires Crossbow Skill

Crossbow

Strong, but has low speed. It Uses all standard arrows but with a +2 base.

- Requirements: Strength = 5

- Cost: Free

Bows

Please Note: Requires Bow Skill

Name Description Requirements Cost

Standard Bow Standard issue - fast and light None Free

Recurve Bow Strong and durable, it uses all standard arrows but with a +4 base Strength = 3 20 GP

Two Rivers Long Bow Strong and accurate, and uses all standard arrows but with a +6 base Strength = 5 50 GP

Edited by Jeannaisais

Projectile Ammo

All the ammunition that a member of the Archers Regiment using a projectile weapon could want! Stones for slings, arrows for bows...and some special arrows for you Archers!

Sling Ammo

Please Note: Buy once you'll have them forever

Ammo Type Description Base Supply Cost

Standard shot A lead bullet, travels better, hits harder Base = 2 Unlimited 2 GP

Lead shot A rock, what can I say Base = 5 Unlimited 5 GP

Barbed shot This is as good as it gets with a sling, lead shot with spikes Base = 7 Unlimited 10 GP

Standard Arrows

Please Note: Buy once you'll have them forever

Arrow Type Description Base Supply Cost

Standard Tip Standard arrow, piece of wood with a pointy end Base = 6 Unlimited 2 GP

Hunting Tip A hunting arrow with a razor tip Base = 8 Unlimited 4 GP

Barbed Tip A hunting arrow with a barbed tip Base = 10 Unlimited 8 GP

Flaming Tip Now these are hot, arrows on fire...burn 'em Base = 12 Unlimited 16 GP

Special Arrows

Please Note: These will cost points and are not refreshed. How ever many you buy is all you have so use wisely

Arrow Type Bow Type Description Base Supply Cost

The Bludgeoner Crossbow A specialty crossbow bolt, made to have a massive concussive impact Base = 15 10 bolts 20 GP

The Sparrows Death Bow A specialty arrow that has been balanced and reinforced to cause maximum damage Base = 15 10 bolts 20 GP

Edited by Jeannaisais

Twin Daggers

The major benefit of Twin Daggers is as follows:

- It gives the Archer a much higher chance of damage and chance of hitting because the two weapons are difficult to avoid.

- The player rolls two separate ACC and WS rolls and posts two separate regular attacks in the same turn. It is both attacks that the opponent must defend against. Below is an example with Cumadrin and Mallett are fighting. Cumadrin is on the offensive with two daggers.

Cumadrin’s stats are: SPD = 6 ACC = 10 STR = 6 using the Phoenix B = 10, WS = 10

Cumadrin rolls: SP = 4, ACC = 9, WS = 8, STR = 4

Then he rolls again: SP = 3, ACC = 5, WS = 7, STR= 2

Thus Cumadrin posts his attacks like so:

ACC:9

WS:8

ACC:5

WS:7

- Note that Cumadrin must use the defense stats from his first roll to defend with this turn. The defense stats from the second roll mean nothing.

- As Mallett is not likely to dodge both attacks, Cumadrin has a greater chance to inflict damage every turn. This is the advantage of Twin Daggers.

- Note if Mallett had done a Strength botch, then Cumadrin would have done maximum possible damage for the weapon only for that one attack, which is B=10 + WS=10. It is possible to botch strength for both attacks, in which case a total of 40 damage is possible.

- Therefore, Twin Daggers is potentially one of the most damaging techniques.

- Also note that similar to Cumadrin's defense, only in reverse, Mallett must use the first set of defense roll he rolls for his counterattack. The second set of rolls mean nothing.

- YOU CAN NOT USE TWO DIFFERENT DAGGERS. This is like you stab them twice or have two daggers of the same kind in each hand however you want to do it.

Now you know about the advantages of the daggers, it's time to look at that case over there in the corner with some nice, sharp daggers in it!

Dagger Name Description Base WS Requirements Cost

The Robin A small and light blade with a small Robin engraved on it Base = 2 WS = 4 None Free

The Sparrow A sharper blade with a small Sparrow engraved on it Base = 3 WS = 6 Accuracy = 5 10 GP

The Talon A sharp hooked blade with a small Falcon engraved on in Base = 8 WS = 8 Accuracy = 8 15 GP

The Phoenix A dagger with a Pheonix emblazoned across a ruby red blade with a midnight black handle Base = 10 Base = 10 Accuracy = 10 20 GP

Edited by Jeannaisais

Bow - 10 GP

PLEASE NOTE: Upgrade only in affect when using a Bow. The Accuracy is an automatic add on to your roll, i.e. you can not roll a zero with these equipped.

Bow Level Cost ACC Gain

Bow II 30 GP ACC +1

Bow III 70 GP ACC +2

Bow IV 150 GP ACC +4

Bow V 360 GP ACC +6

Apollo’s Blessing 630 GP ACC +8 + Double Hit*

*= Double hit is two attacks per round so two separate Accuracy rolls

Just checking on one thing reguarding use of the bow:

In order to purchase Bow II I need the previous level of Bow, correct? (I.E. If I wanted to start with Bow II I'd need to spend 40 GP (30 for L2 + 10 for L1)

Correct, you have to buy the bow skill (10GP) first in order to shoot a bow. Then you buy each bow skill for the cost stated behind it :smile:

However I don't know how it is with higher levels... can someone else help me out here? i.e. if had enough GP, could I buy Bow Skill V straight away or do I have to buy every level before that too?

Edited by Matrim Hat-rim

I'd say if you have that much GP and wanna spend it on that, go for it....but I'd probably use it for other things first. I got the Bow II simply because it means I will NEVER shoot myself with my super high base arrows (before I got that skill I usually killed myself off in a fight)

At the moment:

weapons can be bought at any level, but bear in mind that you need the stat requirement to use them.

Skills have to be bought in order - think of it as working your way through the belts in martial arts

Equalisers are a grey area - as they are both skill and weapon, but currently can be bought at any level.

Armor and weapons can be sold at 3/4 price

Skills cannot be sold.

This is all under review!