DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi, I'm New!

Maiden_Sedai

Hey everyone! I'm Ruth, I'm a new member here but I'm not a new Wheel of Time reader. I've been reading The Wheel of time since about 1998 or so heh. Just finished reading The Gathering Storm last week and can't wait for the next book to come out! Looking forward to joining the discussions.

Hello Ruth!

My name is Eddie.

:o I have only been reading for about two years.

Enjoy the discussions, but watch out! We still haven't discovered who killed Asmo. :D

I hope enjoy DM, and if you have questions, go ahead and ask. :)

Hey Maiden (can we call you that?), I love your sig, but just in case, you might want to see about resizing it.

Sigs are supposed to be 500 X 125 Pixies (pixels aren't real :P). Just so you don't get a mod to tell you first. :)

What first got you into WoT? Were you already and avid reader? Did you just find the books by chance?

HI! Welcome to crazy town err.. DragonMount (DM) ;D

I've been reading the books since late '99 or early '00 (I was about 8 or 9). tGS drew a lot of people back to DM I think, it's what made me go looking for a place to talk about it ^_^

Thanks the welcomes everyone =)

And thanks for the tip Eddie, I resized it. Sure you can call me Maiden haha. I first got into the books because of my brother actually. He started reading them when the first book was new (1990?) and gave me The Eye of the World for my birthday when I was in grade 8. At first I didn't want to read it because I didn't really like reading or fantasy much and it was so long! I hadn't read anything over 200 pages then. But just to show him I could, I read it, and I've been hooked ever since haha.

TGS definitely made me wanna find someone to talk to about the series. I've found a couple people at school to talk to about it also hehe.

lol....I love when people ask me how I could read such a huge book. I look at them, and ask "this is a big book?" o_0

:D

I wish I found people at school, or close by. None of my friends are big readers. Or at least not this genre.

That is a god way to begin reading a series. :) I just chanced upon it in my teacher's in clas library.

It always makes me laugh to see people's reactions when I show them the size of the books. Their jaws will just drop and I'll be like "this is nothing!" I was once like them haha. :D

I have 2 friends here who read the series but only one of them has read TGS. We should just start recruiting people huh? :P

I must admit, seeing the cover of The Eye of the World made me really want to read it. Such a beautiful cover!

Really? I love the covers too, but you will find out a lot of people don't.

There is a whole thread as to how the US covers aren't as good as the UK ones. :D

Speaking of that...what parts of the world are you from? DM has people from almost everywhere.

Pssh. I live close to them...I don't go all the time. :P :D

I think I have only been to Disneyland maybe...4 times...

Of course, I used to live a little bit further about 5 years ago.

I have been to Knott's a lot. I used to work there. I didn't like working there. Hanging out and going to enjoy the rides, that was fun though.

Oh really? I like them. I don't think any are as great as The Eye of the World though. Glad we agree though :P

I'm from Canada. How about you?

Canada is quite spectacular. I'm from Ottawa myself.

I must admit, seeing the cover of The Eye of the World made me really want to read it. Such a beautiful cover!

Same here, I saw the cover in a thrift store and thought it looked cool. So I bought the Eye of the World for a dollar. Turn out to be my favorite series.  :D

Canada is quite spectacular. I'm from Ottawa myself.

Same here, I saw the cover in a thrift store and thought it looked cool. So I bought the Eye of the World for a dollar. Turn out to be my favorite series.  :D

Cool, I was actually supposed to go to Ottawa a couple weeks ago, but it didn't work out. I'm from Toronto. I have a couple friends in Ottawa.

And I know what you mean, I first saw the Eye of the World in my brother's book collection and thought it looked amazing. Lucky you got yours for a dollar! haha :D

lol....

That is cool. :)

P.S. Go check the WT. ;) You have a thread with your name in it.

*gasp* There is? I can't find it, help me out I'm a noob :P

Archived