DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cake? bun? Fruit? honey? (OPEN RP)

Oh, Light, this was ridiculous. They hadn't the slightest idea how to handle an escape. Maryam watched as the other girls skulked - SKULKED! - from hiding spot to hiding spot. At this point, there wasn't a chance of them all getting away. Walking over to the kitchen maid, she faced the girl, dress still bulging with pastries, and scowled. "You do get out of my way, lass! It doesna matter what any other novice tells me, by the Light, I'm TAKING these tarts! It's all Tower food, anyhow! You just TRY and catch me!"

Maryam bolted for the door, running past the hiding spot of Knytiri, Ray, and Amadine, mouthing, "go back now", making a show of noise and trouble intended to draw every eye to her. If the other girls had any sense, they'd slip out in the confusion, and share some of that honey and lamb with one Maryam Aldevwin... AFTER she could sit again. Darting between two tables, the novice evaded the rather overweight kitchen maid, and ran for the door, deliberately sending a pile of pans crashing to the ground.  Grabbing one of the pastries from her dress, she stuffed it into her mouth while cackling wildly in glee, and let the rest spill out onto the floor, leaving a terribly sticky mess for the girl chasing her to evade. As she headed to the door of the pantry leading to the dining hall, it looked like she might be able to make it to the eating area proper, at which point the others might be able to make an excellent haul. Distraction gave advantage, and she needed SOMETHING to endear herself to the other novices. She charged at the door and ran full tilt right into the waiting arms of...

OOC: Just a note Ama, it's Lavinya, my other Gray that is catching you out, not Pia ;)

The dining hall was largely deserted when Lavinya stalked between the rows of tables, which at least meant mistress Laras was more likely to be free to see to Lavinya's meal. Not that the mistress of the kitchen's wouldn't drop what she was doing to aid the Gray anyway, it just meant she would be less resentful of the interruption. Not that she cared about the feelings of a mere servant, but it made her feel somewhat noble nonetheless to even consider it.

Mistress Laras was eager to provide a meal for Lavinya, but of course, the glazed pork and I'll have some greens steamed for you in a jiffy, yes Aes Sedai. Somewhat amused, she watched the bulky woman waddle about her domain, long handled spoon swatting at any servants who didn't move fast enough for her liking. "Any green currant buns left, Laras?" The grey enquired. "Aye, Aes Sedai, in the pantry. I'll fetch them myself." Lavinya waved her away. "Nothing I cannot manage Larass, you see to my meal and I shall see to dessert myself." Smiling at her own extreme generosity, Lavinya swept from the heat of the main kitchen into the smaller preparation room that housed the pantry. The sight that greeted her, however, was far from what she'd expected.

Lavinya heard the tale end of speech from the snivelling novice, enough to determine she was sneaking about the kitchens without permission. Lavinya clicked her tongue. She'd been a novice herself once, and smart enough to be caught only rarely. Fool girl should have claimed she was sent on a chore, or to fetch something for an Aes Sedai. Girls who could not think on their feet would make poor Aes Sedai indeed. Never mind the punishment for being caught out in a lie, it was still worth a try. Sincerely doubting the cowardly girl would have dared such an escapade on her own, Lavinya's eyes strayed down - straight into the face of a surprised and extremely guilty looking novice.

Slowly, with naught showing on her face but mild annoyance, Lavinya folded her arms beneath her breasts. "Out from under there." She addressed Amadine, but as the girl scrambled out from beneath the table Lavinya spotted an extra arm, and realised she'd stumbled upon a tribe of thieving novices. "All of you. NOW!" The last was spoken sharply, and she barely registered surprise as several girls appeared from beneath the linens. They stood before her, red faced and guilty as sin. Most were a good deal taller than the petite Aes Sedai, but Lavinya managed to stare down her nose at all of them, one slippered foot tapping in impatience.

"Who is going to explain to me why you are skulking about under tables in the kitchens instead of at classes or chores, hmm? Or would you rather I come to my own conclusions?"

Ray-ray wrinkled her nose at the Gray sister. There might have been terrified Novices amongst the group, but she certainly did not cower before the tiny Gray Sister. Who was trying to look down on them. Ray-ray glanced to poor Borowinda who for some reason would not stop sniffling! Ray-ray rolled her eyes and curtseyed deeply before the Sister.

"Excuse them Lavinya Sedai. My name is Regalia Frantelle, and I am responsible. There is no need to spend your energy guessing conclusions, for I am at fault here. I was hungry after a lesson and having arrived too late for lunch, decided to help myself to some food. The others were merely showing me the way. Should you so desire, I will be off to Pia Sedai's on behalf of the rest of them. There is no need for you to spend too much attention on us. I suspect you have yet to have lunch yourself." She gestured to the Pantry. "I grew up here in the Pantry and am a capable servant when I put my mind to it. Would you like me to perhaps serve you?" Behind her she could hear the excited whispers of the two kitchen attendants. "Urumella and Endith can show me where your food is and I will serve it."

Behind her, she gestured to the others to shuffle off. She would bear the responsibility this time. Sighing inwardly, she wondered if it was worth trying the tongue-swell powder she had in her pocket on the Aes Sedai's food. Serves her right for being such a nosey parker. It wasn't as if the extra beatings would make any difference.  And the amusement would definitely make up for the rather dreary day.

Not waiting for the Aes Sedai’s approval, she curtseyed again and swept off as regally as she could towards the two kitchen attendants and took over the overladen tray of food. “Aes Sedai, if you show me where you are seated, I will pour you some spiced wine as well.” And then dazzled the Aes Sedai with a bright toothy display.

Amadine looked up at the Grey Sister staring down at her and rose to her feet as gracefully as she could manage. As she opened her mouth to speak Ray-ray stood up beside her and starting speaking quickly.

"Excuse them Lavinya Sedai. My name is Regalia Frantelle, and I am responsible. There is no need to spend your energy guessing conclusions, for I am at fault here. I was hungry after a lesson and having arrived too late for lunch, decided to help myself to some food. The others were merely showing me the way. Should you so desire, I will be off to Pia Sedai's on behalf of the rest of them. There is no need for you to spend too much attention on us. I suspect you have yet to have lunch yourself. I grew up here in the Pantry and am a capable servant when I put my mind to it. Would you like me to perhaps serve you? Urumella and Endith can show me where your food is and I will serve it."

Ray-ray didn't wait for a response, she darted off to take the tray of food for Lavinya Sedai from the serving lass. Before Ray could come back Amadine looked to the Aes Sedai who was still surveying the scene before her with a cool gaze and said, "Ray seeks to protect us Aes Sedai. I, too was hungry and came looking for food. I'll not let her face punishment on her own Lavinya Sedai."

Just then Ray returned and tried to hustle the Aes Sedai out of the prep room back to the dining hall. In an effort to allow the other girls to escape Amadine thought. Ray flashed her brightest smile but Amadine thought to herself that it would take far more than a dazzling smile from a novice caught red-handed to save any of their bottoms from a thorough spanking from the Mistress of Novices, Pia Sedai.

• 4 months later...