DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New(old) member

cgilbertmc

I was a member of Dragonmount many moons ago. I was also (as I am sure a lot of posters were) an avid member of WOTMania and mourn its demise.

I have read all the books in order and have reread several. I have now gotten my oldest to start reading the series (he is on TGH and appears (I think) to be enjoying it. The main thing about WOT fans that I had never encountered prior to finding these pages is the absolute devotion to the story and arguments of the minutia of the smallest detail. I relish these arguemnts and find the closest parallel in the arguments often conducted on the fine points of the Talmud. I look forward to reading and contributing (sometimes just a counter point to initiate debate). I wish BS the best of fortune with his continued collaboration/creation of the final two books of the series.

Guest Cairos

Welcome back to DM!!! I'm Cairos Sedai from the WT Social Section. Come drop by and visit us sometimes.

*hands cgilbertmc some cookies*

;D

Welcome to DM!

Do you want a Battle Brew to wash those cookies down with? It seems I have none on me, but a trip to the Band of the Red Hand Social Group might provide you with one! ;)

Anyway, recruitment over! Enjoy browsing the site, and hope you can find somewhere to call a home-from-home. Don't hesitate to ask questions amongst the cookie munching should you get lost and/or confused. :)

Welcome back!  I'm intrigued by the reference to the Talmud.  Do you speak from experience with the gemara, or just hearsay?

Only through long talks with good friends and vicariously in various theology classes. If it interests me...I study it. If I study it, I discuss it and sometimes such discussions become pointed.

Archived