DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets Compare Characters ACROSS Series ... Like, Cersei/Elaida ... See?

The Fisher King

I think, imo, the best example for me is that I swear that Cersei Lannister reminds me so much of Elaida Sedai. Cersei will BE Elaida in another 20 years if shes not careful.

Silk, Simkin and Fizban are pretty similar...theyre kinda similar to The Fool too.

The Dark One and Sauron are sorta similar too.

Ganoes Paran and Gawyn Trakand kinda remind me of each other alot - unfortunately.

People talk about Terry Goodkind ripping off Jordan so much I can think of two of his characters that seem like carbon copies of two Eddings characters: Zedd = Belgerath and Shota = Vordai.

Oh, and I have seen comparisons before of Roland and Sparhawk but that is one that always makes my chuckle...The Gunslinger would make mincemeat of Sparhawk lol.

Fish

''Treasures. Dealings. Lots of things in books.''

Well recently I picked up the Avatar the Last Airbender series since I heard of a movie being made of it... And watching through it all there were actually a lot of WoT character similarities. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the Avatar series so much...

But Mainly I saw

Aang / Rand being close in that Aang was the youth that had no idea he would have to basically save the world. But Aang just didn't have the whole madness/ war to command thing going for him.

But most notably would be Nyneave / Katara.... Holy shit they're like the same character in a different world. They both have huge tempers, and they both are profoundly strong in their ability to channel/bend... BUT, most of all THEIR HAIR IS THE EXACT SAME!!! Katara just doesn't pull on her braid....

There are other similarities but those the two just stuck out to me like a blaizing fire in a straw field...

Hi Vexorian, thanks for Postin!!! :)

Can you believe that I have still not seen OR read about Avatar yet lol???

I know! I am not JUST a Doof, I am waaaaaaaaaaaay behind The Times LOL!!!

That Katara chick sure sounds like our fave tempermental braid-tugger though! :)

I thought of some more Cross-Series Similarities among Characters:

Verin and Verna (even the names are rip-offingly similar lol!!!)

High Prince Roelstra and Toram Raitian.

Padan Fain and Gollum (I know..that ones been obvious for a million biliion years).

Princess Carline ConDoin and Pricess CeNedra of House Borune/Jewel of The Empire.

Fish

''Treasures. Dealings. Lots of things in books.''

Archived