DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gateway to a new age.

GrandpaG

"He did what",he yelled on one of the maidens that reported him about the thing Grandpa G did.

She looked at him with those blue eyes,not letting any emotion to slip away.He was mad at himself for letting his anger to show away.He had another meeting this morning with the wise ones that didn't go as he planned.Those bloody women threatened to him that they will give orders to the spears to banish the workers from the waste if he begins to build that road.

He forced himself to calm down before he turned to the maiden again.

"take me to him".

"The old man left just a moment after he pushed the Wanderer through the portal".

His anger boiled,he was unable to control himself any more.

"Sylas",he yelled to the Dedicated that was standing by the door.

"Take as many Asha'man from the city as you need and find the Grandpa G"

When the man tried to talk he gave him the look that forced him to step backwards.I do not care if you have to force the Creator itself to move out of your way,just find him".

Dedicated saluted and soon disappeared.

Tell to every Wise One you can find that i need to speak to them.

He will make them accept him as the person who is in charge even if he had to make them kneel before him

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

GrandpaG realized that he had really stepped in wet cow dung this time.  All there was to do was shake off the foot and try to find a mud puddle and a towel.  He quickly opened a gateway and pulled Pherno back to where he had earlier removed him from.  "Tell your master that I apologize for being overly impulsive.  I misinterpreted your presence in this thread and foresaw impending disaster.  Sending you away was the only option that I could conceive.  You are welcome here.  Again, I'm sorry for judging you."  The old gleeman offered a humble bow with a cloak flourish then opened a new gateway and stepped through.

OOC: Thats all right, i had given no indication that i would change my ways, and you acted accordingly. No hard feeling, ok?  :)

IC: Pherno staggered and fell to the ground as the strange old man stepped through another doorway in the air. Leah rushed over to help him to his feet, and she hastily apologised for the old man, who she called GrandpaG, and his behaviour. He composed himself and said, "That is perfectly fine, Leah, he already apologised and it must have been a misunderstanding... or something. How did helift me up and throw me through that hole, anyway? And how did those.... doorways appear?"

"GrandpaG is a channeler." She said matter-of-factly, but then remembered his amnesia, and continued, "He has access to the True Source, the thing that drives all of creation. there are heaps of channelers, and they can do the most amazing things! They can walk on air, and control fire, and call lightning or storms, or-"

"I think i get the picture,thanks, Leah." Pherno interrupted her. "Well, it seems as though there is lots of things that i need to learn. Tell me more, maybe it will jog my memory. What is this 'Shadow' that you mentioned?" Leah looked pleased at the prospect of helping Pherno, the one she knew as Baren.

"Of course, Baren, now, the Shadow is the term used to describe the Dark One and all the evil people working for him."

Pherno gazed dreamily at her face as she explained more and more to him, he didn't feel anything returning, but it didn't matter, so long as he could hear the musical sound of her laughter.

OOC:  OK.  No hard feelings.  I'm done here.  Ghina and GrandpaG are probably recovering from too much ale at Kelsey's.  Jake is enjoying his two girls.  The new age will have a central city to build from plus open trade with Shara using common currency and traveling by oil driven river boats.  The People of the Dragon and Nym will make sure everyone has enough to eat.  The Tinkers are congregating at Rhuidean where they can finally put their wagons up on blocks to form Randland's first trailer park.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that wicked Shaido wise one who was black mailing Faile (don't remember her name) but is now headed back to the Waste show up in Rhuidean some day.  The acting governor will be able to handle her.  Anyway, I've got new stuff to dream up over in the "UP THERE" thread.  Later!

“Grandpa G has returned with the wanderer moment ago. He left him in the Tower of Rising Sun in the east part of the city.”

He nodded to the Soldier that brought him the report and dismissed him before he returned to reading the report from the Master Architect who was supervising construction of the road toward the Kairhien.

Wise Ones still disagreed with the decision to build the road but they will have to comply eventually. His orders came from the Lord Dragon whom they all served. He needed more time to prepare for the Meeting with the Pherno. Right now he was ready to kill him on site but he will not do that. The man didn’t remember who he is and he didn’t faked it judging by the everything the Aes Sedai  had  told him. He had serious Amnesia and it wasn’t likely he will recover from it. It was big enough punishment for everything he did, not able to touch the One Power because you don’t remember how to, he shivered but not from the coldness.

He will have to meet him eventually but not now. Memories of his family were still fresh in his mind. He will never be able to forget the laughter of his daughter Miriam and the Joy when he used the Power to create the multicolored balls of light for her entertainment. She was dead , monster who now didn’t remember anything killed her but his death will not bring her to life.

First he needed to talk with the Grandpa G, he didn’t saw him since the Last Battle begun but he heard that he was in Rhuidean before Pherno attacked it. Maybe he saw Miriam and Sarah before they were killed.

He is at the central square the sun haired maiden told him. She was one of the few persons who did not thought of him as an weak wetlander who wasn’t capable of  running the city.

He surrounded him with the bubble of air when he came up. Weather in Rhuidean was unstable at least since the Aes Sedai begun to change it to resemble to that on the rest of the Continent.

He hoped the Bowl of Winds will help stabilize it. The needed the Windfinders  who were  on the Aryth ocean searching the new city for the remnants of the Age of Legends that could help them to perfect their  talents in controlling the weather.

Grandpa G was standing on the square not protected by the bubble of air and the Rain fell down on him.

“We need to talk" he said to him when he came near.

OOC: Grandpa G Stay here just a little more,I've included you in the plot,if you don't want to participate let's finish this conversation and then you can go.

GrandpaG tucked the shawl under his arm.  Ghina had accidentally left it behind and he was here to fetch it.  His head was foggy from the ale that he and Ghina had consumed the night before.  His favorite barmaid had long since moved on but Kelsey's was still a pleasant place to hang out.  He was anxious to return, but the new governor wanted to talk with him first.  "Yes, governor, what can I do for you?".

"...and, then Govenor Orbein saved the light channelers in a humongous bubble of air, and the rest of the tower crumbled to the ground. The Shadow army was defeated, and the Last Battle was won. Still not remembering anything?" Leah finisjed her account of the Last battle and sat panting, exhausted from her breatless tale. Baren's mind was still reeling from her long story and the implications of it. "Well... maybe i was attacked? And thats how i lost my memory?" Pherno speculated outloud. "Maybe." Leah responded, sighing. "Well, i need to go back to work, some wise ones and aes Sedai want to talk to you." Baren nodded as Leah left the room, and several women of indeterminable ages entered the room. Two were dressed in algode blouses and skirts, and the other three were in long dresses.

They came up to him and one of the wise ones said "You are the wanderer, correct?" It didn't sound like a question.

"Uh, yes, your... wiseyness?" He responded. The wise ones raised one eyebrow each and the Aes Sedai looked faintly smug.

"Wiseyness?" She said.

"You are the only survivor who was in the Rhuidean before it was destroyed.I want to ask you if you saw golden haired woman with child,little girl three years old with dark hair and joyful smile."

He looked at the man hoping that the answer will be positive.He lowed his wife more than anybody in his life and his daughter even more.It hurt him that they died and the last thing he ewer said to his wife was an order to go to the Rhuidean and hide there.

He knew that the words will not bring them back but he needed those words more than anything.To hear if Sarah mentioned him,if Miriam was happy if she missed him.The Creator only knew how he needed to hear those words

The wise ones exited the room, looking as irritated at his inability to answer their questions. It wassn't his fault. After a few minutes Baren grew bored, and left the room to go for a walk. The view was nice, with the endless vista of the greening waste and the shimmering lake providing a strange beauty to the of New Rhuidean. The channelers had worked hard, and over 60% of New rhuideans 600'000 citizens were living in proper stone buildings, while the rest made do with makeshift huts.

People were everywhere, going about the work of the day; cleaning, doing laundry, babysitting, improving their huts, or collecting firewood from the new-grown trees. Suddenly he saw Grandpag talking to a man in a black cloak, and he suddenly fainted.

GrandpaG looked thoughtfully toward his toes for some while.  His memory was not as keen as it had been in his youth.  Absently as if to himself he said, "that sounds like the little tyke who said so proudly that her daddy was a great Ashaman.".  When he looked up the governor was beaming and standing almost on his tip toes.  "WHOA!!!  Hold on there!!!  I didn't say that I saw them!!!  I have no idea if they were the ones that you seek.  The only thing that I can tell you for sure is that when I last saw them they were climbing into a small fishing boat down at the shoreline along with other refugees fleeing the battle.  If it was them or where they were headed, I can't say.".

GrandpaG could see the spark of hope fizzling from the the governor's face.  He really had not intended to pee in the man's Easter basket.  "But, on the other hand, I also will not tell you that those two were NOT the ones that you were looking for.  I simply don't know for sure.  I truly wish you luck finding them governor.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I might have finally found the love of my life and she is waiting for me to return with her favorite shawl.  Good day, sir.".  GrandpaG opened a gateway and stepped through letting it close behind him.

• 5 weeks later...

Jake and Sandy made a great team.  They learned something new from one another almost daily.  They had risen amongst the others who had gone through the columns into roles as leaders.  Erina was glad for them.  Really, she was.  Maybe just a little jealous.  Even though she had been raised to believe that jealousy was a bad thing, she couldn't help it.  After all.  Jake was her first true love.  She would never forget that.  Never.

• 7 months later...

Roy sat down and leaned back against the Tree of Life. Pride flowed through him as he thought that it was his singing that had revitalized this ancient legendary giant. And the events of today were satisfying, too. Joining in the Song as the Green Man danced in the newly planted field. Watching the seemingly miraculous sprouting of new growth. These plants would surely thrive in the heat and humidity along the shore of this grand new lake in what used to be part of the Aiel Waste.

Speaking of green, Roy had noticed that the surrounding country side was also showing signs of vegetation that was not there before. It seemed odd that the moisture from the west could extend over the tops of what used to be the Spine of the World and reach this far into the Waste this fast. It had to be part of the Pattern or it would not be happening. That didn't make it any more believable.

Soon, it would not matter anyway. His assignment was now complete. The orders that he had been given so long ago had been followed without exception. He had gained the trust of Rand Al'Thor. He had accompanied him and taken notes. He had found and reactivated the Green Man. Everything else was incidental. His obligations had been met. He would receive his reward.