DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are There Any Characters That You Couldn't Stand Early But Now Like a Whole Lot?

The Fisher King

Galad:  When he first appeared in in EtoW I could not stand him.  He reminded me of that kid on the playground who alway said "I'm gonna tell" because he wanted to alert the palace guards of Rand's presence in the castle garden.  This incident and the fact that he liked Egwene, who was then pretty much Rand's woman, just made it seem as though RJ was setting him up as an antagonist, when he joined the Children of the Light that all but confirmed it.  I though he was going to be an example of how its possible to be too good, of how a person who sticks too rigidly to a code of conduct can be every bit as destructive to the cause of good as the Dark One himself.  He didn't win me over until he had is big moment in the prologue of KoD.  However, having gone back and reared the series I now find that his actions have not been a pretentious as I originally thought.  For example, I now realize that EtoW's castle garden scene Galad was the only one who was acting sensibly.  I mean during a time of civil unrest in Camylen a 6 foot intruder shows up in the palace and Elayne and Gawyn are ready trust him without question.  How stupid can you be, if you walked into you living room one morning and a large man who you don't know from Adam is standing there what are you going to do?  Do you say hello and exchange pleasentries or do you find the nearest phone and call 911?  I think you're going to go with option B which is essentially what Galad did.

Perrin was my favorite character for the first 6 books or so. But when Faile got kidnapped and that story went on and on and on and damn I got so fed up with him and her that now I dread either of them.

Mat on the other hand, annoying in the first few books, and currently the most interesting male in the whole series.

I never found Eggy that bad, but she is more interesting now, especially in TGS.

Always loved Min - she is the only one I can understand Rand being into. The other 2 are mad and annoying.

Archived