DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle - The Last Siege of Tar Valon

Arani Lepenque Aes Sedai

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: no matter how powerful they are, they can die to a sword or a fireball as easy as the next guy, and if a bunch of darkfriends come and start stabbing them, they will die. The tower roof isn't THAT big, and my men would flood it pretty quickly. Even if it took your guys a few seconds to respond, thats a bunch of your guys dead right there, and you wouldn't be able to use your big ultra weaves because the crowded roof is full of your guys too.

Also, the city was warded against the new shadowspawn gates, but Pherno used a skimming gate, and jargets and Bowers (you killed them far too easily, anyway, jargets are lightning-fast and hard to hit, not able to be contemptuously blasted off with lightning) aren't technicaly shadowspawn; they are the result of thousands of years of mutation that has resulted in a stable species. Please treat them with a little more caution than, "Snorting in contempt, she blasted it off with a streak of lightning". even just a little. But still, Silviana, three seconds after a bunch of enemies attack from the last place she would expect, calmly raises a shield separating all the light guys from the dark guys? Shes not superwoman.  :-\

Dont get me wrong, she could do it, but only after several seconds of shock  :o and quick-thinking. And how could she do gales and lightning reliably without the slightest chance of killing her own guys? She wouldn't do it if it risked her mens lives. And dont say the shield protected them(your men) because she couldn't have realistically raised a shield capable of perfectly dissecting the melee in two parts, with the shadow force on one side and the light on the other, it isn't really possible.

IC: Pherno threw another Dedicated off the roof with a blast of air, and beheaded another Aes Sedai with fire. The jarget and bower, after killing several channelers each, were killed almost simultaneously. Oh, well, they had done their job. Pherno saw their killer; a dark-haired aes sedai holding a small, fluted wand. It was Vora's sa'angreal, the same that Demandred had told him about. Suddenly the shadow strike force was torn apart by gales and lightning, Pherno only saved himself by erecting a powerful shield of air. After a few seconds, Pherno realised that he stood alone.

Seeing at least 100 light channelers staring at him angrily, he only had time to say one thing. "Uh oh, spaghetti-o"

Suddenly he was attacked by several dozen weaves. He began suffocating, fire burned towards him, winds tore at him. It was too much to stand against. He was driven to his knees by the brutal onslaught. Even with a full circle and a powerful angreal, Pherno was doomed. Unless he used the Bane.

The Bane was a ter'angreal in the form of a fist-sized skull. Demandred had had it made by the shadows finest ter'angreal crafter during the age of legends. "Activate it by channeling a single flow of fire into each of its eye sockets." Demandred had explained to Pherno before the battle. "Use it only during your hour of greatest need, as it can only be used once. It will save you from any situation. Mostly."

Pherno activated the Bane.

Suddenly Silviana's weaves were torn apart by flows of fire, laced with spirit. Before she could get over the shock, Pherno had sprung up from the ground and shielded them all and knocked them to their knees with air. The Bane tripled whatever amount of power a channeler was holding when they activated it, and since Pherno had a full circle of 72 powerful dreadlords and a powerful angreal behind him, it was enough to overcome silviana and Pherno's weakness in spirit to shield them all. Unfortunately, the effects only lasted a few seconds. But it was enough.

Pherno laughed gaily as the horrified light-channelers gasped and tried to make sense of what had just happened. Ignoring them all, Pherno walked up to the dark-haired woman wielding vora's sa'angreal. Shielded and reeling from the shock of the shielding, Silviana was powerless to stop Pherno from wrenching the towers most powerful sa'angreal from he hands. Laughing maniacaly, Pherno sheathed his now-redundant sword angreal and drew deeply from vora's sa'angreal. With this, he could level mountains! He could dry seas! Wither forests! Burn entire cities! In a single blow!

Regarding the kneeling figures around the tower coldly, Pherno made a decision. "I will spare you now, weakling lightfools. But soon, you will fall to the shadow's tools." Preparing to open a gateway to the army below, and spearhead the attack with vora's sa'angreal, he noticed someone he never thought he'd see again. The T'sorvran M'hael.

OOC: sorry about stealing the sa'angreal, but i needed an edge to give the shadow a chance at victory. With only about 300'00 men left, and the siege going nowhere for the shadow with only a few successful attacks that were soon repulsed (thanks to you  ;) ) , the shadow will need something big to really threaten the city. Or at least break through the outer wall. BTW, the Bane was only an on-the-spot invention to get Pherno out of that tricky spot, i hadn't had it up my sleeve the whole thread, waiting to spring it on you.  :)

(OOC:  *Shrugs*  The first thing you do when you can't do anything, and something comes at you to kill you, the first thing you do it run to safety before the main army comes up.  In this case - run behind Silviana and hope she can defend you - even the hole Pherno made can do only so much to allow five or so through at a time, allowing the majority of them to gather safely within seconds behind her.  And the Bane was a one-off thing, so I take it I won't see anything like that again?

And she does have other Sa'Angreal.  They just are not as powerful to that magnitude.  But she only has so much...  Maybe four or five?  Ten at most.  They aren't easy to make, even with the rediscovery of the technique.

We really should plan out this seige, so that it becomes more interesting, with well thought out schemes and plans, instead of a "I hit you, you hit back"  kind of thing.  And in a seige, it takes weeks, if not MONTHS to accomplish victory in most cases.  You really should give us and ourselves some breathing pace instead of settling it in one drawn-out fight.)

Vora's sa'angreal is a female attuned sa'angreal ... unless there's something you'd like to tell us about Pherno, HE won't be able to use it.  Even claiming he's in a circle with females won't work, since one of THEM will have to draw from it in order for Pherno to access that power.  

And I think Arani has the right of it.  I know that for any of my RP characters, their first reaction to seeing the door blown up and discharge hostile people and shadowspawn (claim all you want that these arbitrary inventions of yours are not technically shadowspawn, if it looks like a monster and lives in the Blight, what else are we supposed to assume?) would be to fill that door with fire and all manner of explosions.  And if they were standing on top of the tallest building in the world, they would be adding huge sweeping flows of air to knock everything that managed to get through off the roof.

I don't mean to be nitpicky and ruin your fun, but I've been doing RP writing on Dragonmount for about 6 years.  I have a pretty good idea what makes an RP successful.  I realize that this is Rev1 and the rules are a little more ... vague ... but things like this only stay fun so long as the rules are followed.  Things aren't looking good for the Shadow in this siege, but so far it looks like the Shadow has been relying exclusively on the godder powers of Pherno.  Not exactly a tactically sound plan, even if he is more powerful than the Dragon Reborn.

OOC: it is...female attuned?  :-[  :o alas! yet another of my schemes foiled because of my patchy knowledge of the finer details of the wheel of time!  :P  Im really sorry, this is like, my first real RP (unless you count rping with grandpa g one-on-one) and i am woefully inexperienced  :'( . Please forgive me if i have ruined it with my inadequacy.  :( I think that i should pull the shadow out and plan another assault tomorrow, its probably gettig late, anyway. I won't write anything yet, because i am waiting for Narishma to get his character to showdown with Pherno. I LOVE showdowns. Once again, i am sorry, i will be more carefull next time.  :-[ Please dont eat me.  :-\

It was kind of funny, though. Im like, "oh yeah, i got a sa'angreal! Go shadow, go shadow!" And then your like, "its a female one, dipcheese" and them im like "far out, wth!"  :) lol.

OOC: RP it out. It'd be fairly amusing turn of events for Pherno and the Shadow to conduct experiments on this thing that they stole . . . Maybe they'll capture a prisoner and force her to confess it's female attuned, giving the AS/WT/Arani a chance to regroup (or plan a strike) while your activities on the front dies down to figure this item of power out. While trying not to godmod, you should keep writing. Feel free not to use any ideas. :)

I read the explanation from Jordan about the scene when rand asks what stops the chosen from using gateways to attack sun palace with an army of shadowspawn.He says that since the trollocs and myrdrals are artificial creations they CAN'T travel through gateways.

And to Arani,keep it real.Even with Seanchan support there is other places where the fightning demands chanalers so there is no possibility that 7000 chanalers are in Tar Valon.

The main body of forces is at Tar Valon.  Only Aes Sedai are scattered among the cities.  The novices and accepted are kept at the Tower under about 50 sisters and brothers for 'safekeeping'.  I think that, with massive active recruiting + Seanchan, the channelers at Tar Valon number around 9000.  Most of the shadow dreadlords concentrate on Tar Valon, because that is where they assume that most of the channelers are.

IC: Pherno walked up to the T'sorvran M'hael (i dont know narishmas character's name, hence the constant use of his title) , who was struggling to stand. Just as he was about to end gthe troublesome asha'man, Pherno realised that his control over the shields was beginning to waver.

The other light channelers were beggining to stand, and, since Pherno realised that he couldn't draw from the sa'angreal, he had no way to stop them, because he was using all his power to maintain the shields on over 100 people. Looking at his armies, Pherno realised that he had lost a lot of men. Too many, perhaps. Opening a gateway, a small one, unfortunately, Pherno amplified his voice with the power, and called out to the armies below. "FALL BACK! RETREAT! ALL SHADOW FORCES, AT THE CAMP WE WILL MEET!" With that, and flinging a contemptuous glare at the lights captains, Pherno jumped through his gateway.

The shadow army, complying with Pherno's command, had begun a full-on retreat, and many were killed during the withdrawl by vengeful light channelers striking at their rear.

Once they had returned to their massive base camp, the shadows commanders informed Pherno that they now had barely 300'000 warriors. They had lost half their army. Trollocs and darkfriends from all around the continent had been pulled out of their attacks and pillagings to assemble this grand horde, and now it had been halved. If only those dark-cursed lightfool channelers hadn't blown up dragonmount and killed over 100'000 trollocs doing so. Well, they didn't have dragonmount anymore, pherno thought grimly, glancing at the smouldering mound that had been the dreaded dragonmount.

Pherno finally found the person he had been looking for, Alviarhin. Handing her the sa'angreal, he said, "this is vora's sa'angreal, the most powerful one in the tower. Use it and link with me, and we will have ultimate power." She looked at it in shock for a few seconds.

"How... how did you get this!" She replied in surprise. Smilling evilly, he told her, and by the end of his tale, they were both grinning widely, contemplating the destruction that they could cause woth this new weapon.

OOC: Ok, we need to decide on some rules before continuing with the shadow's second assault. I propose the following, please tell me what you think.

- no spirit-slicing or unravelling weaves unless they are directed at one of your characters, in which case you can block it. If you think about it, nothing would really get done with the power, because the thousands of channelers on either side would slice or unravel it before it happens! Lets just assume that all weaves that either sides channelers do happen, no matter how likely it would be that someone would block or unravel it.

- no unbelievable uber-ness. While it seems hypocritical for me to say this, i think that we should not try big, ultra-uber things with our characters unless we are sure that we can accomplish them. I admit that the whole gate-exploding thing was a little far-fetched, and if i do it again, i will have an excuse, now. I think its safe to say that Pherno is now the most powerful channeler on the field, with voras sa'angreal, his sword angreal and a full circle of 72 powerful dreadlords at his back, he IS ultr-uber, now. This may seem unfair, but their are like, three people united against me, and i only have two characters (one doesn't do much, though).

Feel free to suggest more or discuss my ideas.

One more thing, my inventions are kind of shadowspawn, but they aren't artificial creatures like other shadowspawn, which is the reason that other shadowspawn can't go through gateways. But, to be fair, i wint get my mutants to go through gateways anymore. Fair? ;D

Goodbye. (i wonder how the traps Pherno set on the hospital tents are going... Mwa ha ha ha ha!)

Because Pherno has the Sa'Angreal on his side, the forces of the Light will be picked off one by one if they stand alone.  Do you mind if I come out with some other weavings that will offset the balance?

Ex: Combined Shield (Air and Spirit)

Salima discovered the weave during the battle on the first day.  This weave allows for the shields of individual people to combine into one large shield.  The combined shield also has the strength of the channelers added up together.  Even with Vora's Sa'Angreal, Pherno's circle will take some time to break down the shield.

Oooohhhh..... sounds like a delicously mean thing to do to someone, block off a large portion of the wall and watch uber-pherno bat at it like water onto rocks....  ;) But, like helms deep, it shall fall. But, dont worry, even though, "realistically" Pherno should be able to simply smash the walls and a good deal of the city with a single weave, i wont do that, because, what is the fun if i just kill you all? No, Pherno will be reserved with his powers (well, compared with what he could do)

So, what do you think of my rules? And as for the plan of the siege, i do not plan to win, if you were wondering. Evil always loses. Narrowly. I will nearly win, and then something will happen, something big. The fun part will be figuring out how to nearly win while your characters are thwarting me at every turn.  ;) Dont worry, i like it.  :)

Daerod Faeron crept, with a group of 50 elite trollocs and another two dreadlords, up to the walls of the white tower. Elite trollocs; such a thing seems like a contradictio, but these trollocs were elite. They were born and bred, trained from birth to be skilled, aggressive warriors. They were similar to the Trolloc Black Guard in the fact that tey had intense training and were partially related to the vicous blight mutants, giving them a strange resistance and increased sensitivity to the power. They were nowhere near as resistant as bowers, but weaves weren't as effective against them as they were against ordinary trollocs. A fireball might only badly burn them if struck, instead of completely going through, and flows of air slipped around them, making them hard to lift or hit with air.

Concealed behind Daerod's mirror of mists, which made them appear like part of the night, they were unseen by senturies as a trolloc threw up a grappling hook and they began to climb. Upon reaching the top of the wall, one of the other dreadlords used a minor form of compulsion on a sentry that had been about to call out. The sentry immediately returned to his buisness, as though he hadn't seen fifty trollocs entering one of the towers. Repeating the process with the other sentries and guards, the strike force climbed down the tower steps and exited it on the city side of the wall. Daerod was surprised at how easy it had been to infiltrate tar valon. He had expected more. Well, he supposed, all the light channelers must be exhausted from all that chenneling they had done, and were resting. And an infiltration from a general like Pherno, infamous from his use of blunt force, was the last thing that they would expect.

Now that they were all within the city, the group traversed the abandonned streets, and soon they came upon a large, abandonned building that would serve their purposes well. Entering the derelict structure, Daerod, two dreadlords and half-a-century of trollocs, following the example that dozens of other strike forces had and would set throughout that night, hunkered down and awaited the morning.

Finally he found the Narishma.After much discussion he decided to give him Callandor.Lord Dragon was still at the top of the mountain channeling.He regretted that he could not help him but Tar Valon was his worry.He could not abandon them when they needed him the most.Instead he opened the gateway to one of the bridges that connected the city with the mainland.When he stepped through the gateway he was shocked when he didn't saw the Dragonmount on the horizon.Instead of the mountain there was the giant crater that was still smoking.He nearly lost the control on the power from shock.

"What did those blasted fools do",he murmured to himself as he walked toward the city.

Heeeeey I'm back and recharged,ready to face Pherno.Also I'm bringing in one new character that will be evil and help Pherno.Muaaaaahaaahhhhaaa :D

"I'm your's great mistress,command me",he said to Aran'gar kneeling in front of her.

"Yes you are"she said absently looking toward the Tar Valon where siege was taking place.Huge amount of power was used there a day ago.Nobody knew what was happening.Maybe she did know but she didn't told him.He was just a servant,powerful servant but nothing more.He didn't dare to look at her directly,he learned that at the first meeting but when she wasn't looking he stole glimpses.She was beautiful,dream of every men but she was dangerous like a poisonous snake.

"You will go to Tar Valon and help Pherno with the siege",she said."The great lord will grant you access to True Power so you could be more efficient."Her voice was ice,he knew well that she didn't have access to True Power,like majority of Chosen.Only the Nae'blis had right to use True Power,and now him.He was strong in One Power,almost as Pherno but with true power on his disposal the One Power was nothing.

"As you command Great Mistress,so shall I do",he said before opening the Gateway to Pherno's camp near Tar Valon.There was surprisingly little Trollocs in the camp,Pherno got backup just a week ago.He smiled to himself,if he do this correctly he will gain favor of great lord.Maybe he will be named for Nae'blis after all.Than the Chosen will kneel before him.

Smiling Dovien entered commanding tent.

Demandred smiled as he saw another struggling captive light channeler being turned to the shadow. She began glowing with a black light as the thirteen dreadlords wove complex weaves of all five powers through thirteen mydraal into her. After a few minutes, it was finished, and the ex-light channeler-come-dreadlord slumped to the ground, the negative aspects of her personality brought to the fore, and her positive ones suppressed. Although the process didn't imprint a loyalty to the Great Lord on the victim, they all chose servitude to the shadow over death, as any selfish individual would.

"Start on the next captive." Demandred commanded and two trollocs moved to comply. During the battle, the shadow army had captured several dozen light channelers. Unfortunately, most were fairly weak or unskilled, because they were almost all the new recruits that the light had brought in. The captive soldiers were given a choice; swear the darkfrind oaths, or die by slow torture. Most chose to serve the Great Lord. They would be put in the middle of trolloc-filled siege towers, to belay any thoughts of treachery.

Using his newly discovered Talent for "Being In Two Places At One Time", GrandpaG split himself.  Half of him stayed put.  The other half wove a gateway back to Tar Valon.  That half of him stepped through the gateway to confront his former student as promised.

OOC:  well...what did you expect?  I didn't want to leave you hanging until I finished in the other thread, and I didn't want to desert that thread to come to this one.  So, here I am.  Or, half of me is here, anyway.  ;D

"Report",he barked at one young Asha'man standing at the entry of the Tower.

His eyes widened as he saw him.

"We thought that you're dead T'sorovan M'hael",the Asha'man said.

"I told one of messengers at the wall where I was going"."He was to tell Amyrlin of my traveling to Shayol Ghul".

"The wall was attacked that day with an unknown weaves,and everybody at that side died before the Aes Sedai could heal them.Everyone thought that you were among those who died."

He nodded slowly.It was worse than he expected.Many of those who were killed served under his command more than three years.Some of them were friends.

"Who blew up the mountain",he asked finally.

"The Aes Sedai did,to prevent the Trolloc reinforcement's to reach out the city."

"How many Trollocs was destroyed with the mountain."

Asha'man lowered his eyes and fell silent.

"How many,answer me boy",he said firmly with a dangerous edge in his voice.

"Hundred thousand",Asha'man said.

He felt cold from inside.His anger first erupted like a fire and then became pure ice.

Bloody Aes Sedai,for a hundred thousand trolloc's to destroy an entire mountain without thinking on consequences,it was stupid even for them.

But he had Callandor now.With enough Asha'man and theirs Aes Sedai that were bonded to them with an Compulsioned Warder bond he could form a circle of seventy two with enough power to match everything that Shadow throws at them.He will tell the Amyrlin his plans but she hadn't command on them anymore.Not after this.

"You will inform every asha'man in the city that I came back and that I will speak with them on the central square tonight when the sun falls down.

When the Asha'man was gone he entered the Tower.It was crowd,like he newer seen before in the White Tower.Wounded were laying everywhere,Asha'man skilled at healing worked with Yellow Aes Sedai.Servants carried food and blankets.In some corners he noticed sisters from different Ajahs talking behind the wards of power.Every level was like this until he came to the level where Amyrlins quarters were.

He came out of the Tower with a promise from the Amyrlin that they will help when he asks and will not interfere with his defense of the city unless he ask them to do so.It wasn't easy.The girl was used to hold all ties in her hand and to command everybody,even Asha'man.She was though,harder than Elaida or Siuan ewer been.Finally when he threatened that he will order Asha'man to leave the city she accepted his terms.But not without the promice that he will include her in the circle.If the sitters knew what she was going to do,he thought that they would faint on the spot.That is if they don't decide to argue untill they all die.

Tonight he will choose those who will be in the circle with him.He wished that he could include some of more powerful novices and accepted but he gave her the promise that he will use only sisters that were bonded to Asha'man.

He prayed to light that this finishes soon,he was sick of war.

Dovien watched as Pherno angrily walked in circles in his tent.Moments ago they found out that the Callandor is in the hands of the Witches.Ewen with the Callandor they didn't have a chance against them,but Pherno wasn't easy to convince.

"You don't have to worry,my spies tell me that Asha'man abandoned their places on the walls and moved deeper in to the city,leaving the defense to soldiers and Damane.The are no threat to us."Fool",Pherno said darkly,"Damane so far killed most of the Trolloc army",they are the threat."

"Don't make me laugh Pherno",he said to man with a scowl."We both know that there isn't a damane so strong that could be a threat to us when we are linked.And with my use of true power it will me all over before it even starts."

Man turned his attention to him.That look made him wish to run and hide.

"You will not use True power without my permission",his voice was steel like his face.

He didn't have intention to listen Pherno's commands.They were equal now,but that didn't meant that he will turn his back and ignore him.That would be deadly mistake.He was the snake that attacked when you least expected it and disappeared before you could do anything.

"My use of true power is the only ting that will give you advantage over the Callandor.If you want to win you will let me help."

"You will use it when i say and where I say",Pherno said to him."I won't explain myself to you".

He turned around and came out of the tent,leaving him alone.Anger was boiling in him,threatening to overcome everything else.In that moment Myrdral came in to the tent,his eyeless face staring at him.He thought that he could frighten him.

True power flowed from him.Sweater than life,overwhelming,magnificent.

It was all over in a moment.Myrdral was dead,all that was left was a pile of ashes.

He reminded himself to be patient.He didn't get so far to ruin everything now.

He walked away to the chilly night and directed the flows of True Power in a way that he was thought to do."

Alviarin was here somewhere,she escaped him last time but not now.He had a message for her  from Shaidar Haran.That Myrdral was to arrogant,bit that could wait.Now he had more important things to do.These flows were made to detect those who Dark One marked as his property through the Shaidar Haran.Wit a little luck she will choose rather to help him ower going to Shayol Ghul.She wasn't so strong in one power,but she had something that he could use.

Pherno scowled as he watched Dovien leave the tent. Arrogant fool! he made Pherno so angry that he sometimes didn't rhyme when he was talking with him! He ALWAYS rhymed! The thought that someone could make him so angry that he sometimes forgot to rhyme made him even more angry! And that initiated more feelings of rage! It was INFURIATING!

Dovien thought that just because he had the True Power he was better than Pherno! No-one was more powerful than Pherno! Well, except for the Dragon Reborn and some of the Chosen, but he was practically Chosen himself, anyway, so it didn't matter. Pherno should just kill Dovien and be done with it. No..... Dovien was right, he was the only thing keeping the shadow even with the light, now. Besides, Pherno might not even be able to kill him, if he tried.

Flicking his shaggy, dark brown hair out of his face, Pherno stalked out of the tent, past a pile of ashes, and headed for Demandred's personal tent. Pherno entered just as the last captive channeler was being turned. Bowing deeply to Demandred, Pherno relayed the events of his and Dovien's meeting to the Chosen, who's grim expression didn't change the whole time. When he was done, Demandred said "Good work, Pherno, and I agree with you; Dovien is a threat to both of our positions. He was sent here by Aran'gar, and i'm sure that shes planning something with him. Especially since he has access to the True Power."

"Great Master, what do you want me to do? My only goal is to listen to you." Pherno said subserviently.Demandred laughed and responded, "Come now, Pherno, don't lie to me. I don't want you to do anything yet, just watch, and wait. Soon, all our plans will have come together, and we will attack the city, Only this time with strategems and tactics, unlike last time."

It was hard for GrandpaG to believe, but Tar Valon was even worse now than he had remembered.  Signs of battle were everywhere.  Rhuidean looked like a freshly built palace in comparison.  But he also had to believe that the battle had not been completely lost yet.  For one thing, the White Tower still stood...sort of.  For another, the place was not crawling with shadow spawn.  Or, at least not the place where his gateway had opened.

Sighing a cautious sigh of relief, he headed toward the White Tower.  If the forces of the Light had a headquarters, it surely would be there.  He was sure that his other half could sense his anxiety because he could have pointed to where that half presently stood and he could almost taste the vegetarian chili that he was eating.  That half must have finally hooked up with the Tuatha'an.

As he walked he tried to look like a nonchalant gleeman out for an afternoon stroll.  He didn't want any onlooker to see how nervous he was.  He had no idea what awaited him.  Would he lock horns with Pherno?  Would he gain an audience with the new Amyrlin Seat?  If this half of him was destroyed, would his other half ever be the same?  So many unknowns.  The chili made his other half's stomach churn.  His own stomach churned an echo...from worry.

Dawn was breaking. The shadow's army was amassed and ready to fight. They were awaiting a signal from Demandred, and they got it when a massive fireball coalesced in the air above the city and exploded in sparks. As one, the shadow horde moved to surround the city, spreading their 300'000 strong force across the length of the riverbank.

The light was ready, though, but their soldiery had sufferd heavy losses in the fighting, and now numbered barely 60'000, almost a quarter of the shadows strength. Luckily for the light, they still had several thousand channelers, even though most were under-trained and inexperienced, having only recently been recruited.

Pherno, astride his large black warhorse, Fluffy, raised his black, shadow-glowing sword, and drew deeply from his circle's power, aided by alviharin with vora's sa'angreal. Weaving fire and air, he replcated te fire-rain weave from yesterday, and it began raining large fireballs. Tying it off, so e didn't have to manage it, and, waited for the shadow army to charge.  

OOC: by the way, i will be going on holiday for about 12 days in a few days. I don't know how much time i will get on the net, so, sorry for the wait you will have to endure for me to post. This isn't my last post, btw.

He smiled when he met Alviarin.She wore the mark of Shaidar Haran on her forhead,it was invisible to others,but to him ho used the True Power it was glowing.Horned scull,mark of the Great Lord himself.He shuddered,not from cold but from thinking what will Great Lord do to him if he goes against the orders he got in the Pit of Doom.

"ALVIARIN IS NOT TO BE HARMED"-the Great Lord told him,when he swore the oaths to Him.

"OTHERS TRIED TO GO AGAINST NY WILL AND THEY REGRETTED."

The message was clear,but he will go against those orders,that was the only way to gain the position of Nae'blis.He will not kill her,for now she used him more alive.

Her eyes widened with fear.She tried to run,but he used true power and enveloped her with the flows of air.

He didn't like to use True Power for things like this,tonight it was important to not get noticed and using the saidin he couldn't achieve that.

Her tent was close so he drag her to there.Trollocs were stupid and would not report what they saw but there is always a chance of some Darkfriend listening in hope to get promoted and gain the protection of Chosen.

"I thought that you're dead",she hissed."I was sure that i killed you when i left."

He smiled to her but that scared her even more.Good,he wanted her to be afraid,so he could use her easily.

Hand of the Great Lord of Dark can bring life back with ease.

Horor was displayed on her face.

He lied,but she didn't knew that.The Great Lord uses his servants as long as they live but he don't pull them from grave.You do not fix old tool if you have many more to use.

"I am under his protection",she said with trembling voice."You can't harm me".

"Favor of the Great Lord is hard to get but very easy to loose",he said smiling,as he wove the Fire and Spirit in her body.

He isolated tent so no one could hear her screaming.He let the flows for few moment's and then let them subside.

She was breathing heavily and tears were running down her face.

"What do you wan't from me",she asked arrogantly.

He brought back the flows this time letting them a little longer.

The great mistress Semirhage thought him those flows and how to use them with male half of the power.Vowing them with True Power was the same to him.

When he let them to subside again she was more humble.Lowering her eyes when talking to him and keeping her voice in control.

"You will be my personal spy in Demandreds tents.Every word that he says you will repeat to me.But be careful if you lie to me I will know.You will beg the Great Lord to give you quick death if you fail me."

With that words he let go of her.She bowed deeply to him when she regained control.

"It will be as you command Great Master",she said humbly.

He leaved her tent with a satisfied smile.

He was halfway to his tent when the attack begun.

That fool Demandred didn't waited till dawn as he was informed.

"So Pherno wanted to grab all the glory to himself",he thought to himself as he walked toward the hill from where he will have good view at Tar Valon.

He embraced the True Power,sweeter than life it was overwhelming but he knew how to control it.

He thought he could hear the Dark One laughing as he prepared weaves for attack.

Demandred, astride a black horse, pointed a finger at tar valon and shouted "CHARGE!". The shdaow horde moved forward, and, like a huge, black noose, tightened around the city. Siege towers and scaling ladders moved with them, but many of the towers were brought down by the light channelers, those that weren't being protected by circles of dreadlords.

Using the binoculars to see clearly, Demandred began sniping the light channelers that he suspected were leading circles with lightning-fast weaves of fire. With several other dreadlords, all with binoculars, helping him, he soon had the lights troops and many channelers ducking behind the crenalations to avoid him, as they had seen several of their number seemingly randomly explode.

The light channelers, even with demandreds sniping, were unleashing hell upon the oncoming horde. Lightning rained from the sky, and fireballs and explosions ripped through the trolloc ranks. But, despite this, the trollocs reached the wall,scaling ladders, siege towers and battering rams were brought up, and the real battle begun.

Karilyn threw a fireball in another trollocs face and knocked another off the wall with air. There were so many! Almost too many. Several individual channelers near her had already died in fire by an unknown source; surely non of the dreadlords had a good enough view to attack individual channelers?

Suddenly she heard as roar from behind her. A trollocs roar. Whipping around, she saw a group of trollocs that were better armed and armoured than normal charging up the stairs directly behind her! No-one had seen them befor this because they had been concentrating on the battle. How did they get in!

A Soldier who hadn't heard the roar was cut down from behind, and one of the trollocs shot a novice in the back with an arrow. getting over her shock, she acted and threw a volley of fireballs at the trollocs. But, instead of going through the shadowspawn or blowing off a limb, the fireballs just burned them or dissapated on their armour! What were these things? She was so focused on stopping the trolloc ambushers that she didn't notice as another one came up a ladder and drove its sword through her midsection.

As the light faded from her view, she saw a handsome man dressed in black with red markings smiling cruely at her. She didn't even notice when he crushed her head with air.

Daerod laughed as he released the weaves he had used to crush an accepteds head. She had been dying anyway, but Daerod liked to finish people off himself. Sgooting a smallish Deathgate across the wall, he helped the other two dreadlords and the trolloc elites to secure this part of the wall. At the same time, dozens more infiltrating groups were doing the same thing elsewhere. Most would probably fail, but now the shadow had several bridgeheads from which to bring up more shadowspawn.

When Demandred commanded attack he hurled thew storm of fire toward the walls of Tar Valon.True Power was surging through him,through his veins,bringing death and destruction.He was sure that pattern growled in moments like this when such amounts of the True Power were used.Soon the snake will be dead,the wheel broken and the Great Lord will win the Last Battle,bringing darkness with him.Soon he will be Nae'blis and rule above them all in the Great Lords name.Rock binded with the One Power exploded when his waves touched it.He weaved huge hammers of air and fire to destroy the guarding towers.

"Advance",he ordered the Trollocs under his command.They feared of the lightning and the fireballs ahead,but they feared of Myrdralls even more,and Myrdralls feared of him more than they ever feared of that worm Padan Fain.

Suddenly,the storm of lightning fell from the sky,killing trollocs and myrdralls equally.Some of Dreadlords were killed too."Demandred would not be pleased",he thought to himself.But he had deferent worries now.He sensed use of the huge amounts of the Saidin.That could mean only one.That those fools used Callandor.

He let the larger amount of the True Power in himself.Black Saa flecks were now permanently present.He was nowhere near his maximum amount in one power but he could not draw so much of the True Power.He would be destroyed in a moment.But he thought about something that Moridin told Demandred,and he heard it.Moridin and Demandred could use enormous amounts of True Power and not be harmed.He began drawing the true power through the cords that in protected him from the taint on the saidin before the Dragon removed the taint.Now he could draw much more True Power.Earth shacked beneath him.Huge walls began crumbling before his eyes.Trollocs began pouring in the city like a flood of Darkness.Lightning continued but it was far now.They retreated to the protection of the Tower.He smiled.Today was the day when the White Tower would fall.

"Move them from the walls",he commanded to the soldiers with the voice amplified with the power.He could not sense the One Power being used,but the walls crumbled even so.He concluded that the True Power was being used.With the Callandor in his hands and the power of the Full circle of 72 he could destroy the user on the spot but the problem was to find him.Instead he sent storm of lightning on the battlefield to prevent Trollocs from coming in the city.But he knew that it was useless.Walls were breached on several places and Trollocs were advancing despite his best efforts.

"We need to retreat to the Tower",on of the Aes Sedai from the circle said.She was right,he knew that but he could not leave his men like this.He draw the power through the Callandor until the sword shone like the miniature sun.He made huge wall from air in front of the advancing trolloc army,so his men could retreat with minimal casualties.He could not hold this wall for long.The Dreadlords sensed his channeling and began attacking.At last he let go of the flows and walls perished.Most of the army was safe but he stayed until the last of them were safe.He wove the shield of Air and Spirit around him just like the Dragon taught  him.Only thing that could destroy it was balefire.It was time to use deathgates.Mass of trollocs died crowding the entrance in the wall with corpses so the tide lessened a little.

He retreated on the safe distance from where he opened the gateway to the one room in the Tower that wasn't warded.It was left for the cases like this when he had no other choice.

The gateway crossed through the dead trolloc slicing him on half.

When he was safe in the room he wove the wards against travelling around.He smiled.

IN the ward there was a little surprise for the dreadlords who try to follow him here.Their gateway will explode leaving the destruction mile around.If there is luck,gateway will kill the one who used the true power.

He climbed to the top of the tower,joining his circle and others.

From here he could see the destruction that the siege caused.Tar Valon,most beautiful city in the world was now in ruins.He could see where the city walls were breached,those holes were getting bigger with the moment.

Trollocs that entered the city did not advance toward the tower.Instead they burned the buildings and fed on the corpses of the soldiers.He directed his flows in that direction,huge fireball enveloped that area and exploded.All that was left was darkened stone.He begun to eradicate Trollocs where ever he saw them but he knew that he could not continue like that.He must concentrate on the dreadlords in hope of discovering who used the True Power and in such amount that the Tower shacked with the earth.Silviana was here too with the wand.She used the power in some unknown weave.