DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I see you, Dragonmount

Aquarius

Hello world !

My name's Olivier, I've started posting here on DM a few days ago and thought it was a good idea to introduce myself.

I work as a avionics system designer in Toulouse, France. (yeah, sorry, i'm french :) ). I enjoy dancing (the 2-people dancing, Rock'nRoll, Boogie woogie, salsa, tango ...), reading (when there(s time!).

I've started reading WoT when I was 18 (you can't imagine how hard it was to read THAT after barely 5 years of english lessons). And was kept on the hook since then.

I enjoy reading mad theories about Selucia beeing Luckers's mother in law :)

Ooooh! Welcome to the fresh meat err.. NEWBIE! ^_^

So, are you here just for book discussions, or do you intend to get involved in the Role playing or Social Groups. Both are very fun!

Currently, I'll be a book discussion only guy. It's more a question of available time than anything else. I haven't wandered too much in the Social Group things, so I don't really know what they are.

I enjoy reading mad theories about Selucia beeing Luckers's mother in law :)

That just made me gigglesnort  ;D

May I just say that your English is excellent, Aquarius! Oh, and welcome to Dragonmount, of course  :D

It's wonderful that there are so many people from all over the world who come together here to enjoy a mutual interest. I'm from Cape Town in South Africa, but years ago I was an exchange student in Europe, amongst other place in Versailles and Lille.

Are there any specific characters or societies in WoT that interest you in particular? I'm a White and Black Tower fan myself, specific characters I love are Jahar Narishma, Eben Hopwil*cries*, Damer Flinn  Tarna Fair, Pevara Tazanovni, Silviana Brehon and of course the crazy Tsutama Rath  ;D

tGS has upset me only one way : I'm not sure who I like and who I don't like anymore. So I'll reserve that judgement for later. Perhaps when I'll finish my reread (started tEotW last weak).

I'm an alltime fan of Mat, anyhow :)  I will surely like aviendha again when we see her a little more on screen.

Well come Aquarius!! The book discussions are great in here. That's what first hooked me on DM to. Even if you don't care to join any, don't hesitate in checking out the'Social Groups' around here. Great people and a lot of hilarity in there. I'm White Tower warder trainee myself. Good to meet you!

tGS has upset me only one way : I'm not sure who I like and who I don't like anymore. So I'll reserve that judgement for later. Perhaps when I'll finish my reread (started tEotW last weak).

I'm an alltime fan of Mat, anyhow :)  I will surely like aviendha again when we see her a little more on screen.

Oh, I'm a big Matrim fan myself! ^_^ And I also adore Aviendha, and I'm excited for her new role when she comes back! (No spoilers intended for anyone reading this that hasn't read tGS)

Well come Aquarius!! The book discussions are great in here. That's what first hooked me on DM to. Even if you don't care to join any, don't hesitate in checking out the'Social Groups' around here. Great people and a lot of hilarity in there. I'm White Tower warder trainee myself. Good to meet you!

Haha, I read 'Social Groups' as 'Special Groups'  :P :D

Welcome to DM!

Toulouse is a fantastic city...been many years since I went, but would love to go back again. I have been to Carbonne as well a few times as well on school exchanges, since my school was in the Welsh town that was twinned with Carbonne.

Have fun looking around the place, and keep asking questions if you get lost and/or confused!

Aquarius, you know how most families have that 1 "special" member? The one who wears his underpants on his head, speaks to the trees, has tattoos & piercings over most of his body, whatever? You try to hide him away when someone comes to visit, but if he slips out of his room, he causes all kinds of embarrassment in front of your guests (except if you're British - then it's expected to have one of those  :D)

We are those "special" people *grins and winks*

Archived