DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Padan Fain - losing his link to Rand?

mellojoe

In Lord of Chaos, Chap 28 "Letters", not long after Allana bonded Rand, we get a point of view from Fain.

He could feel al'Thor, could point to him, this close.  Al'Thor pulled at him, pulled till it hurt.  There was a difference lately, a difference that had come suddenly, almost as if someone else had suddenly taken a partial possession of al'Thor, and in doing so pushed away a part of Fain's own possession.  No matter.  Al'Thor belonged to him.

Will we see this increase as time goes on?  As Rand gets bonded by the women-trio, will that push Fain "out" even more?  Will Fain lose track of Rand?

Thanks for this, mellowjoe - Fain's always a Fun Topic!

Fain pretty much has one - and only one - purpose left in his life now: Find Rand.

I think he will track him down again (for what, the first time since ACOS?).

I think he will always ''Feel'' a ''Pull' from Rand...

BUT...I think that when he finally does get close enough again to sense a bond of THREE Women on Rand...well...it aint gonna be pretty lol!!!

Fain sees Rand as HIS and His only.

In fact, its hard to say if Fain is more posessive of Rand or he Dagger at this pont...especially after all the Deep ''Conditioning' done to his brain concerning Rand.

Fish

Not sure if anything would cause Fain to loose his 'awareness' of Rand.

The most likely things that would cause that would be these (in order of probability):

-resurrection of either or of both

-death of either or of both

-body change of either or of both

Archived