DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Very Quick and Simple ''Yes'' or ''No'' Question For ASOIAF Fans

The Fisher King

Wert,

btw...ive been meaning to tell you that I FINALLY made it over to your place and spent some time reading it over ... over the weekend. I want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated - and do enjoy - your reviews on books and movies and stuff very much.

You should have a spot on your site where people can request and suggest reviews for you to do lol.

Im going to start, as a matter of fact lol!!!

I would LOOOOOVE to see your thoughts one day on (especially)Dark Tower, Riftwar, Cheysuli, Herald Mage by Mercedes Lackey and a bunch of others!!!

Fish

George has 'almost' finished the book and is at 1,261 pages in manuscript (for the record, that's about as long as the longest WHEEL OF TIME book), so even if he takes months more to finish it overall, that will take well him past the point at which the book has to be split in half (like Tad Williams' new novel) and the first half will then be published 3 months after that point. So we've reached the point at which 'an ASoIaF novel' will almost definitely come out in 2010. It might just not be the entirety of ADWD as it has been worked on, which would be rather irritating, but at least it moves us on somewhat in the series.

@ The Fisher King. I have the first DARK TOWER book standing by and have plans for some RIFTWAR reviews this year. I will almost certainly never review anything by Mercedes Lackey again though, as I read a bunch of her books as a kid and thought they were utter cack even back then ;)

Thanks for that ASOIAF Update, Wert!!!

Yeah, I dont care that much if you ever review Lackey (though I did like that one series when I was younger). Cheysuli is a long-forgotten and hidden gem. But I don't care if you ever review that one either lol.

But, I can't WAIT for you review of The Dark Tower series...ESPECIALLY the first one called The Gunslinger (especially bc of how ''different'' it is)...its one of my fave books of ALLTIME!!!

Also, I hate hate and hate that I never see anyone talk about those two trilogies by Rawn....would LOVE to see your reviews one day on those six...what I call the 'Andry/Rohan/Chay' Books!!!

Andry was the greatest ''Anti-Character'' ever before that was the new cool thing LOL!!!

Fish

That is not a ridiculous statement.

2, 3 and 4 are SO SIMILAR in ''Feel'' to each other though - so different from 1.

I would DEFINELTY say that 2 is the best of 2,3 and 4 but that 1, being so unique, is in a class by itself.

However, that ''Story'' in Book 4 about Meijis is just so...frackin...BRILLIANT...that you can't discount it either.

Then, in 3, you have Blaine, Flagg, The Tick Tock Man, Oy...its a FAVE TOO - LOL!!!

Fish

Archived