DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you like about a character?

Owayn The Traveller

Okay the other day I was trying to decide who I disliked the most and my mind went to Gawyn and Faile automatically. But my mind is lazy and it just thought that because I read about how much everyone else dislikes or even hates them. So I decided to try and list things I liked about them and I got stuff, which surprised me. Admittedly not much for Faile but some. Elayne however, couldn't think of anything about her. So Elayne is my character that i would go as far as saying I hate and dislike her chapters immensely.

Okay lets list things we like about characters we kinda dislike. Or better yet by doing this lets see who really is everyones most disliked character.

In no order and feel free to add to the list.

Faile,Gawyn,Galad,Morgase,Elayne,Nynaeve,Perrin,Siuan,Sevanna,Elaida,Taim

To be honest I'm not sure what I'm trying to do here but I'll post it 'cause its write. Try and figure it out  :P

Owayn The Traveller said:

In no order and feel free to add to the list.

Faile,Gawyn,Galad,Morgase,Elayne,Nynaeve,Perrin,Siuan,Sevanna,Elaida,Taim

OTT, since I don't really understand what you are talking about (which just made me think of myself since I usually don't know what I'm talking about either lol) I just decided to add a comment or two pertaining the characters you DID list:

Faile...One-Dimensional...utterly immature, narrow-minded and obstinate.

Gawyn...A young man who has just had his entire view of his world turned upside down and is now trying to find his place in it...all the while being hopelessly in love.

Galad...I really don't hate him as much as most folks seem to, but I do view him as dangerously narrow-minded and offensively self-righteous. However, I feel like we have seen some recent positive growth and I have a feeling Galad will turn out to be a decent enough guy. Having his world turned upside down by Berelain probably won't hurt ;)

Morgase...Love her. And not just because shes Hot. (Though that helps - ALOT).

Elayne...Another character I don't quite hate as much as many others seem to. Yes, immaturity and annoyingness abound...Shes a teenage girl. Shes also incredibly bright and often extremely kind.

Nynaeve...LOVE Her. My Fave Femme in Wot HANDS DOWN...She is simply AWESOME.

Perrin...Love him. He is in my Top Three Ta'veren...

Siuan...I like her alot.

Sevanna...I don't think I know who this is LOL!!!

Elaida...Well, I LOVE this Psycho Witch!!! (She is who Cersi Lannister will be in 20 years lol!!!)

Taim...LOVE (And am fascinated by) This Magnificent Bastard LOL!!!

Fish

I haven't a clue what I was trying to do now that Ive read it again. ??? I think I was trying to find the person is by the most uninteresting, who's story line you have to kinda force yourself to read and just cant be bothered with. The names I gave aren't personally characters I hate just ones that seem to generate amnomisity. Nyn,Perrin and Taim are some of my fave. Basically who is the character you cannot find any thing you like about them. Elyane is mine, just cannot be arsed anymore.

Feel free just to ignore this by the way.  :D

For me, althought Gareth Bryne is one of my favourite characters, I almost had to force myself to read his chapters with Gawyn. Gawyn was one of my favourite characters early on in the series, but now he seems to have become much more narrow minded than Galad ever was, who at least kept a sense of duty to Elayne and Morgase. I'm hoping he gets less pages in the next book.

Archived