DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ok, no one release the balefire...

I'm new so I am going to ask a couple of questions that surely have been covered all over the place amny times...send me your wisdom. :-)

I just finished book 11 and I'm a bit confused...which Forsaken are truly gone and who is reborn as who? I don't have this straight in my head. 2nd, is there a concensus that a Forsaken is pulling Taim's strings? If so, who is it?

*balefires the thread*

nothing to be seen here.

Anywho Lanfear is Cyndane, Messana is alive and in the white tower, Moridin is Ishy, Aginor was Osan'gar - now dead again, Balt is Aran'gar - Halima I believe , Semi is alive and in custody, Gren is alive and hawt, we don't know who/where Demandred is. Sammy is dead but not reborn yet, Ravvy is baled, Bel is baled, Asmo is dead and not going to be reborn.

We don't know about Taim, lots of dissention with that one.

Guest Majsju

Halima is Aran'gar, who is Balthamel recycled.

Dashiva was Osan'gar, who was Aginor recycled.

Dead and gone: Rahvin, Be'lal, Asmodean and Aginor.

Dead, but perhaps not as gone as we thought: Sammael, at least Moridin has heard rumours about someone pretending to be Sammael.

Dead and back on stage: Ishamael - Moridin, Lanfear -Cyndane, Balthamel - Aran'gar.

Still on life #1: Graendal, Mesaana, Moghedien, Semirhage, Demandred.

That should cover it.

My head is cleared of webs now on the Forsaken. Still very curious what is going on with Taim. Where's a good discussion on that topic? Another thought...what is happening with Moraine? She and Lanfear went through the frame together but Lanfear supposedly died and is certainly back. Unless I've made a mistake somewhere, Matt and Thom will find Moraine eventually. What's the discussion on this topic?

Yes, Sammael was consumed by Mashandar in Shadar Logoth.

And Maj, didn't RJ say straight out that "Sammael is toast" in that USA Today article in Aug, 2000? While Moridin may think he's still around or someone is posing as him, I'm going to guess that he really is dead until he shows up in the flesh again.

It's simple:

1. Sammael standing around Mashadar creeping into the square he's in.

2. Rand balefires whatshername, then the ground near Sammael.

3. Ground destroyed in the past.

4. Now 1. reads Sammael standing in square full of Mashadar, which eats him in the past.

It's the same result as if he were balefired directly.

I think that as well. Moreover the evidence that Sammael has since been reborn doesn't fit. Sammael was seen looking like his old body, but since we know he did in fact die, then he would be in a new body and the image of the old body would be an illusion, therefore it does not just push toward it being sammael... it could be any of the forsaken. Indeed the fact that it was intentionally done to make people think Sammael did it suggests that it was not, in fact, sammael.

Archived