DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Noalie, Noalie, Noalie. Okay Noal

Owayn The Traveller

So whats the story? Is he defo Jain Farstrider (echos of Lord of the rings there with strider)? Is he the man in Graendals palace? Where did he go when Mat and him found out about the seanchan in crossroads of twilight? Has he been complused? If so, to what effect? Was he the man in the stedding warning about the blinding of the eye? What bearing does he have on future proceeding?

Okay if he is Jain, I reckon he must have a big part to play as Jain got a lot of building up as a hero by the characters. So it must be significant otherwise Mr. Jordn could of used a character that is most definitly not Jain Fairstrider. What is the point of him being Jain, if he is? Why would he bother making it appear that Noal is Jain unless he being Jain has some pay off. I think he is Jain. He was also in Graendals place but its not her complusion but Ishy's.

What is he going to do or what has he done or what role is he going to play and why does he remind me of Thom???

Help me out here folks

So whats the story? Is he defo Jain Farstrider (echos of Lord of the rings there with strider)?

Yes

Is he the man in Graendals palace?

No, that is Alsalam.

Where did he go when Mat and him found out about the seanchan in crossroads of twilight?

Remains to be seen, if it was important enough to bring up again.

Has he been complused? If so, to what effect?

No, but he has been Compelled ;)

Exactly what was done to him remains to be seen.

Was he the man in the stedding warning about the blinding of the eye?

Quite likely-

What bearing does he have on future proceeding?

RAFO.

• 4 months later...

Ok, different question from the original poster, but didn't want to clog up the boards.  Doing my read through leading up to ToM and came across a Noal gem I never noticed before:

Crossroads of Twilight - Time to be gone

At the end of the chapter:

"...

'That fellow's dark as an Atha'an Miere,' Noal muttered absently, staring at the passing soldiers.  'Dark as a Sharan, but I'd swear he has blue eyes.  I've seen the like before, but where?'  Trying to rub his temples, he almost struck himself on the head with the bamboo fishing pole, and he took a step as though he meant to ask the fellow where he had been born.

..."

Mat goes on to chalk the oddity up to Noal being crazy.

Is Noal just being crazy or should we have enough info to guess where this dude is from?  Has anyone looked into this before?  I did a cursory search here and on www.encyclopaedia-wot.org, but found nothing on it.

I'll chew on it myself for a bit too, perhaps we can puzzle this out.

Ok, different question from the original poster, but didn't want to clog up the boards.  Doing my read through leading up to ToM and came across a Noal gem I never noticed before:

Crossroads of Twilight - Time to be gone

At the end of the chapter:

"...

'That fellow's dark as an Atha'an Miere,' Noal muttered absently, staring at the passing soldiers.  'Dark as a Sharan, but I'd swear he has blue eyes.  I've seen the like before, but where?'  Trying to rub his temples, he almost struck himself on the head with the bamboo fishing pole, and he took a step as though he meant to ask the fellow where he had been born.

..."

Mat goes on to chalk the oddity up to Noal being crazy.

Is Noal just being crazy or should we have enough info to guess where this dude is from?  Has anyone looked into this before?  I did a cursory search here and on www.encyclopaedia-wot.org, but found nothing on it.

I'll chew on it myself for a bit too, perhaps we can puzzle this out.

if your asking about the dark man, I chalked him up to being seanchean

and to an earlier poster Noal cant identify any forsaken, hes seen ishy in his originality, new body new look. I think he is a sacraficial lamb, seeking redemption

Don't you guys think it's weird for him to keep his old surname but change his first name? Weak, if he did that.

We don't know how Malkieri names work - Charin might be any member of an entire clan, or a "craft" name (like Smith or Cooper or Wright) or anybody who comes from a specific place. Or it may be stubbornness like Lan insisting on wearing the hadori even though it makes him immediately identifiable. Or, maybe Ishamel told him to change his name and he's fighting back by keeping the surname.

What is the point of him being Jain, if he is? Why would he bother making it appear that Noal is Jain unless he being Jain has some pay off. I think he is Jain.

For all we know, Noal knows who Slayer is?  Isam and Jain both were of Malkeri background, and each worked for Ishamael.  Though Jain as Noal might turn out to play a role similar to Verin, or might not.  Can Noal overcome his Compulsion or not? 

What is he going to do or what has he done or what role is he going to play and why does he remind me of Thom???

Remains to be seen, what role he will soon.  He's on the edge of Darkness and Light, similar to Lanfear's character, Gawyn's Character, and yes, I suspect even Liandrin's character as of now.  Mat once was on this same edge, before his Portalstone moment going from Stedding Tsofu to Toman's Head.

Chuckles, maybe because Noal is an uglier version of Thom?  :P

Archived