DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Quotes

ThorkinBarrimore

Hey! What are some of your favorite quotes

or scenes from the series? Here's one of

mine:

Aviendha: “Elayne is a wetlander, your own kind. Exactly the woman for you. Is she not beautiful? Her back is straight, her limbs supple and strong, her lips like plump loveapples. Her hair is spun gold, her eyes blue sapphires. Her skin is smoother than the finest silk, her bosom fine and well-rounded. Her hips are....”

Rand al'Thor: “I know she is pretty. What are you doing?”

Aviendha: “I am describing her. Have you seen her in her bath? There is no need for me to describe her if you have seen....”

Rand al'Thor: “I have not seen!”

Aviendha: “..her hips....”

Rand al'Thor: “Stop that!”

—Aviendha and Rand al'Thor

This cracks me up everytime.  ;)

I don't know the exact quote, but I like this one scene in LOC when Perrin and Faile are alone and she says, "I feel about as forward as a farm girl during harvest". And Perrin wonders how any crops would ever be harvested during harvest if all farm girls were as forward as Faile. Lol, that cracked me up.

I also liked this one scene when Mat finally meets up with Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve in Salidar and just totally blows up on them about taking them back to Rand and how the new Amrylin was a fool, and I believe he says something about warming Nynaeve's bottom or something. Lol awesome scene.

MAT: Im here to save you

ANY WOMAN: Do I look like I need saving?

Mats reaction to that is always funny.

Also, when Moridin pulls Rand out of the hole in Shadar Logoth and says "A great many plans will have to be relaid, if you let yourself be killed now." Ishamael the manipulator, gotta love it.

On second thought, pretty much anything Moridin thinks about that involves Rand. The whole Fisher King "is acting how I want him to" deal is great, the entire Dragon vs Nae'blis thread is one of my favorite fantasy rivalries ever.

It isn't a funny one, but it's still one of my favorites:

"The Aiel killed my papa. One of those... Shado. Mama said we were going to Andor. She said we were going to live on a farm. With horses."

"Where is she now?" Mat asked softly.

"She got sick. I - I buried her where there were some flowers." Suddenly Olver kicked Edorion and began thrashing in his grip. Tears rolled down his face. "You let me go. I can take care of myself. You let me go."

it gets em every time.

"You? No!"

best death quote ever

"The penaly for laying a hand on the Daughter of the Nine Moons is a slow and painful death"

Mat: "She's my freaking wife!"

I'm paraphrasing a bit, but still that was hilarious.

Oh and my favorite is definaitly that one time in I either CoS or PoD where Rand is like: "Perrin has a nice calm wife" or something like that.  I loled hard.

It isn't a funny one, but it's still one of my favorites:

"The Aiel killed my papa. One of those... Shado. Mama said we were going to Andor. She said we were going to live on a farm. With horses."

"Where is she now?" Mat asked softly.

"She got sick. I - I buried her where there were some flowers." Suddenly Olver kicked Edorion and began thrashing in his grip. Tears rolled down his face. "You let me go. I can take care of myself. You let me go."

it gets em every time.

I forgot about Olvers introduction, nice one for posting that.

I am dying to post stuff from TGS. DYIIIIING.

And, of course, "You should have bought her a trinket." I love how matter of fact Nalesean is in that scene. Hes not like "WHAT? A woman tried to kill you?" Hes like, "Yeah that happens unless you spend money on them."

One of my favorite exchanges in the series:

My name is Nynaeve ti al'Meara Mandragoran. The message I want sent is this. My husband rides from World's End toward Tarwin's

Gap. Toward Tarmon Gai'don. Will he ride alone?"

He trembled. He did not know whether he was laughing or crying. Perhaps both. She was his wife? "I will send your message, my

Lady, but it has nothing to do with me. I am a merchant. Malkier is dead. Dead, I tell you."

The heat in her eyes seemed to intensify, and she gripped her long, thick braid with one hand. "Lan told me once that Malkier lives so

long as one man wears the hadori in pledge that he will fight the Shadow, so long as one woman wears the ki'sain in pledge that she

will send her sons to fight the Shadow. I wear the ki'sain. Master Aldragoran. My husband wears the hadori. So do you. Will Lan

Mandragoran ride to the Last Battle alone?"

Here are some of my favourites:

Davram Bashere about Muad Cheade: "Twice every day he searched his bodyservant for poison, and he drank nothing but vinegar and water, which he claimed was sovereign against the poison the fellow fed him, but he ate everything the man prepared for as long as I knew him. Once he had a grove of oaks chopped down because they were looking at him. And then insisted they be given decent funerals; he gave the oration. Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?"

Lini: “At my age, if I make it up, it is still an old saying.”

- This one literally makes me snort

Lan: “Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death, lighter than a feather.”

- I always liked this one, I can't remember if it's common across the Borderlands, or just Shienar?

Lews Therin: "I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad"

- This one is simply marvelous

Of course there are a lot more, I tend to enjoy ones from Mat or Nynaeve as well.

Lews Therin made me laugh a few times but I cant think of any decent quotes! Thats a good one

"You are marked as mine," the Great Lord rasped. "Mesaana will not harm you, now. Unless I give her permission. You will find who threatens my creatures here and deliver them to me." Shaidar Haran, to Alviarin. It really did seem like it was the Dark One speaking, like he was going through Alviarin because he knew how useless the Forsaken can be at times.

I can't believe I forgot these but,

In New Spring, where Moriane is facing off with Merean and Merean says "Out here, no one can here you scream"

In EotW, where Perrin, Egwene, and Elyas are leaving in the Tinkers and Egwene just explained that she spent so much time with the women becasue they were giving her advice on how to be a women and Perrin say, "No one needs to tell us how to be men, we just are." and Egwene replies, "That's why you're so bad at it".

EGWENE: What a strange thing to say. Why do they use it like that? Peace.

LAN: When you have never known a thing except to dream, it becomes more than a talisman.

"Bring your lightnings, Aes Sedai. I will dance with them." Urien the Aiel, to Verin.

"You cannot tell a man he has the power to make the earth shake, then expect him to walk small." Taim

Among ones already mentioned, this one always gets me.

Siuan to Mat: "You remind me of my uncle Huan. No one could ever pin him down. He liked to gamble, too, and he'd much rather have fun than work. He died pulling children out of a burning house. He wouldn't stop going back as long as there was one left inside. Are you like him, Mat? Will you be there when the flames are high?"

Here are some of my favourites:

Davram Bashere about Muad Cheade: "Twice every day he searched his bodyservant for poison, and he drank nothing but vinegar and water, which he claimed was sovereign against the poison the fellow fed him, but he ate everything the man prepared for as long as I knew him. Once he had a grove of oaks chopped down because they were looking at him. And then insisted they be given decent funerals; he gave the oration. Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?"

Lini: “At my age, if I make it up, it is still an old saying.”

- This one literally makes me snort

Lan: “Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death, lighter than a feather.”

- I always liked this one, I can't remember if it's common across the Borderlands, or just Shienar?

Of course there are a lot more, I tend to enjoy ones from Mat or Nynaeve as well.

Its not from the borderlands, its from WW2 Japan

Oh and my favorite is definaitly that one time in I either CoS or PoD where Rand is like: "Perrin has a nice calm wife" or something like that.  I loled hard.

It's in ACos.

"Rand took a deep breath. Perrin had such a serene marriage, with a smiling, gentle wife. Why was it that he always seemed drawn to women who spun his head like a top?"

lol...it gets me everytime.

Archived