DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Death Note Mafia (Night 4)

ChronoCrosS

Do you play mafia a lot?

The reason I ask is because I haven't been playing very long and in that short time I have heard at least 50 people say that they would rather lynch someone that everyone is voting for than to have a random modkill.  I think that someone that does explain their vote to any degree looks better than someone that doesn't explain their vote whatsoever.  You are entitled to your opinion but your reasoning just doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadline is in 30 min.. so far

Talya (3) - Reyoru, Pale, Mcs, Alanna

Pete (4) - Al Jenn, Krak, Tynaal, Mcs

Ed (1)- Tigs

Jadyn (1)- Talya

Al Jenn (1)- Aemon

This was the vote count just after mcs changed his vote to Pete. Now, what you're saying is that it doesn't matter who gets lynched on Day 1 as long as we get info. I say, why did mcs change his vote to Pete when Talya and Pete both had 3 votes? I smell scum. And the way just about everyone jumped to pete looks to me like someone was doing more than a little bit of manipulation to get rid of a powerful player. I have my ideas of who is mafia and you already know who two of them are. We'll see who's right soon enough.

Well, I voted for Pete because I thought he was mafia, and he usually is. I've been playing this game long enough to know that sometimes logic is BSed by the mafia. I'm not going to "defend" myself from your claims, but I will say this. Some veterans of mafia will tell you that there are techniques and gameplay strategies that always work, but that's all hogwash. This is a game of manipulation. So either you are a townie who is REALLY trying to get someone who you think is a mafia member, or you are a member of the mafia who is trying to manipulate others into believing your claims. I'm leaning more toward the second one though because of how SURE you are about me. Because the innocents may not know who the mafia is, but the mafia DEFINITELY know who the innocents are.

What I'm trying to do is fond the method in the madness to locate scum. Let's look at it like this; The vote count was Talya-4 Pete-2. Then Talya says "we need to lynch someone and get more info". The most logical thing in the world would be for everyone to jump on Talya because she has the most votes. Anyway, Talya votes Pete bringing our total votes to Talya-4 Pete-3. Then mcs says "My God, you have a point there, Talya" and changes his vote from Talya to Pete. Why the hell did he change his vote and give the "what she said" excuse to do it? What she said should have held absolutely no sway in his voting for her instead of Pete. In fact it should have inspired more people to jump on her bandwagon. This is what makes me see scum in mcs and, the more I look at it, Talya as well.

What I'm trying to do is fond the method in the madness to locate scum. Let's look at it like this; The vote count was Talya-4 Pete-2. Then Talya says "we need to lynch someone and get more info". The most logical thing in the world would be for everyone to jump on Talya because she has the most votes. Anyway, Talya votes Pete bringing our total votes to Talya-4 Pete-3. Then mcs says "My God, you have a point there, Talya" and changes his vote from Talya to Pete. Why the hell did he change his vote and give the "what she said" excuse to do it? What she said should have held absolutely no sway in his voting for her instead of Pete. In fact it should have inspired more people to jump on her bandwagon. This is what makes me see scum in mcs and, the more I look at it, Talya as well.

Firstly, that is not what I said. In this game you need to go back and use the actual quote.

Your right Talya ;)

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow]

You're also trying to make it look like she voted for Pete, and then I followed her vote. This is not the case.

WOW, that day went quickly, what happened there!!!

[glow=red,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

I'd rather have a lynch and some info than nothing, sorry sweetie!

See the times? I voted for Pete BEFORE she did. This is the convo that my vote came from.

[glow=red,2,300]Talya[/glow], cos she posted just before

You wouldn't, would you... *pouts*

Well i should really vote Tigs for killing me in another game and causing the mafia to win and then letting her daughter choose me to vote for in another game.......but that would be metagaming ;)

Did it have too be you........*pouts* [glow=red,2,300]Talya[/glow]

Sorry :(

but now I do feel loved... :D

I LOVE TALYA!

[glow=red,2,300]Talya[/glow] :-*

ehhh?? hang on a minute...

You can always show me love in other ways, I don't fancy dying quite yet... lol

:-*

Your right Talya ;)

That was just us messing around on the first day. And yeah it sucks, but the lynch on the first day is always random, because you don't know who anyone is, with the exception of the mafia knowing each other. Also, a few people had voted for Pete before I had, so you can't put the blame for the bandwagon on me either. It would seem that you attempted to misconstrue the order of my posts to make me look scummy, which in my opinion makes you look even more like scum.

The site crapped out on me and I couldn't post for a while.

Day 1 has ended and Pete has been killed. L, the world's greatest detective has been killed.

Also, Aljenn, you were too late. I would have posted last night but the site messed up. Since the chief voted for L, he is dead. The new chief is Aizawa.

The Dead:

Aljenn: Soichiro Yagami

Pete: L

Night 1 begins. 48 hours to start of Day 2.

:-*

So, Aemon, what ios wrong with me choosing to vote for Pete on day one, when the votes were more on someone else, because that some else was me... ::)

What did you really expect me to do. I'm not going to vote for myself...well not yet anyway, lol.

What struck me as odd was MCS, say in the post of quotes that he thought Pete scum so voted for him then at then end says that day one is always a bit odd and no one knows who they vote for. Can't be both..

Well, I voted for Pete because I thought he was mafia, and he usually is. I've been playing this game long enough to know that sometimes logic is BSed by the mafia. I'm not going to "defend" myself from your claims, but I will say this. Some veterans of mafia will tell you that there are techniques and gameplay strategies that always work, but that's all hogwash. This is a game of manipulation. So either you are a townie who is REALLY trying to get someone who you think is a mafia member, or you are a member of the mafia who is trying to manipulate others into believing your claims. I'm leaning more toward the second one though because of how SURE you are about me. Because the innocents may not know who the mafia is, but the mafia DEFINITELY know who the innocents are.

And

That was just us messing around on the first day. And yeah it sucks, but the lynch on the first day is always random, because you don't know who anyone is, with the exception of the mafia knowing each other. Also, a few people had voted for Pete before I had, so you can't put the blame for the bandwagon on me either. It would seem that you attempted to misconstrue the order of my posts to make me look scummy, which in my opinion makes you look even more like scum.

The bold are mine

I don't know, but I have absolutely no read on anyone.  I think I'm going to just have to vote for someone who isn't posting and hope for the best.  Looks like another Day 1...

I agree with this sentiment and am going to go for the person who has posted the least for now

[glow=red,2,300]Jadyn[/glow]

Aemon did seem to be really pushing to get a vote going which seems scummy but it could just have been a simple mistake...