DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vancouver 2010

Majsju

And it is on. Hopefully yesterdays tragic death will not be what these games will be remembered for.

So adorable to see nations like Ethiopia and Ghana march in, nations not quite famous for their achievements in winter sports ;D

I predict 4 gold medals for Sweden, all from skiing. The hockey team will lose against Canada, so depending on when they meet, might be a silver medal. All in all I think we might claim 3-5 silver medals. And a bunch of bronze, but who counts those?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biathlon 10 km wasn't very good for Norway. Bjørndalen was horrible with 4 misses, which also leaves him out of the race for a medal in the pursuit. Hegle Svendsen did alright. I thought the race suffered a bit from the bad weather conditions which pretty much left anybody with start number higher than 14 screwed.

Bjørndalen can not blame his shooting on the weather, he just sucked. Of course, Sweden got a taste of that yesterday, in the womens biathlon, where both Aco and Jonsson really disappointed.

Well done by Ferry though, managed to finish 8 despite having to be out there when it snowed the most.

Apollo Ohno won Silver in the Men's 1500 Speed Skating!

Did anyone else see this race?  South Korea had first, second, and third locked up, but then the third placer took out himself and second place, allowing Ohno and the other American guy to win silver and bronze!

It's still total BS because on the replays you could see the guy who won gold blatantly and illegally push Ohno and slip by him into first.

I saw SVT interview Bjørgen after the race, and she were happy that Kalla was the one to win. Everyone loves our little skier :)

Watching the mens 15km was painful, I can not remember last time I saw someone empty himself so completely as Hellner did, it was a miracle he could stand up long enough to cross the finishing line. That was 10 minutes ago, still waiting for the first Norwegian to finish ;D

And a very unexpected silver for Sweden, when Haag did the race of her life.

But funniest today must have been the Netherlands speed skater Sven Kramer. After his gold on 5000 meters, some american (of course) journalist comes up, and starts the interview by asking what his name was. Seriously, he just won the bloody gold medal, how retarded do you have to be to be in the arena and not know his name?

Kramer just asked the journalist if she were stupid, and then told her to go away ;D

Archived