DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Coolest Fight Scenes

Leatherleaf

What are some of the best fight scenes (small scale, not battles) in the series. I just came across a really good one, although its more of an execution than a fight. In Winters Heart, Chapter 22 "Out of Thin Air," emo-Rand (hair dyed black) stalks Rochaid through Far Madding, but is tricked. Emo-Rand, unarmed, stops Rochaid from drawing his sword, punches him, dodges a surprise attack from Kisman, and uses Kisman's attack to kill Rochaid. Good ol' sheepherder.

TILL ALL ARE ONE!

anyone ever think that the old cartoon Transformers had a sort of creepy overmind sort of thing going on behind the scenes?  Perhaps they were just biding their time before the eventual robotic takeover of humanity.

Most definitely my favorite fight scene's involved Lan vs Myrddraal or Thom vs Myrddraal early on in the books.  It's sad you see so few shadowspawn in these latter books.

The Nynaeve / Moghedian battles have been epic, especially the one in the palace where Nynaeve sheilds her.  That scene really elevates Nynaeve in the story.  Up until that point anyone besides Rand and Moraine believes taking on a Forsaken = certain death or worse.  Moggy dropping Nynaeve to the bottom of the harbor turning out to be a precious gift was very cool.  I can't wait for their final meeting.  You just know those 2 are going to square off again at some point.  Mano y mano, baby!

Nynaeve escaping Liandrins trap with the Seanchan.  Precursor of things to come.  A leashed Nynaeve is a scary thought.

Rand taking out Rhavin.

The cleansing was hugely awesome.  It really changed the scale and scope of what was possible.  

Fain nailing Rand in the bubble of evil.

Rand raining lightning down on everyone with the Callandor.

Moraine and Lan taking out Merean and Rynn.

Mat defeating both Galad and Gawyn simultaneously, so soon after being separated from the dagger.  Considering what the brothers go on to achieve with the sword, this scene is truly illuminating.  I am annoyed that Mat apparently has to give up an eye and that Rand gave up a hand.  I don't like it when my heros are mutilated.  

Edit: I didn't think I spoiled anything but... removed TGS references.

First off TGS spoilers are not allowed here.

Secondly I also enjoyed Mat vs. Galad and Gawyn.

I also enjoyed some of the earlier Rand fights, such as when he is sparring with Lan in Fal Dara, and sparring with three men in Caemelyn. None of those were real fights of course but I liked them a lot.

For a real fight, Mat vs. Gholam was pretty good.

Does this mean we have an Rodius Prime running about the place now?

TILL ALL ARE ONE!

First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!

And dont forget...

Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong

Yeah Im surprised I didnt say Lanfear vs everyone at the docks. That scene was epic, I had a brilliant picture of all of that bit, especially when it cut to Moiraines PoV, Lanfears power blazing like the sun. I really hope Moiraine and Cyndane get an encouner, Moiraine somehow know its Lanfear again.

Falme was awesome.

in KoD at the manor house when rand used all of the new channeling techniques like deathgates and blossoms of fire. that is prolly my number one.

mat vs gholm

rand vs rahavin

rand vs ba'lal sammael

cleansing

far madding

Lanfear on the docks

dumani's wells, HELLO!!

perrin vs trollocs

rand killing all the seanchan with callendor, book 8, possibly best scene eva

And dont forget...

I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over Prime.

Mat vs Gawyn and Galad

BTW, has there been a discussion regarding Gawyn's skill with a blade? RJ usually that a reason for giving a character certain skills. So who is Gawyn going to take out? Or, who will be forced to take him out if he don't get his mind right?

BTW, has there been a discussion regarding Gawyn's skill with a blade? RJ usually that a reason for giving a character certain skills. So who is Gawyn going to take out? Or, who will be forced to take him out if he don't get his mind right?

How much of the series have you read?  Don't want to spoil anything for you.

Gawyn has killed several warders.  You'd have to be very good with a sword to kill one warder, let alone 3 or more.  He also has leadership skills (the younglings and not to mention, son of Morgase, a very competant leader) and from what we've seen, is a decent general.

How much of the series have you read?  Don't want to spoil anything for you.

I've read all the books (maybe I missed something?)...I know he's good, but is he the best? Could he take Lan? I'm thinking there's a reason he has his skills...In other words, it's gonna play a larger part in the plot...He's either gonna get it together and save the day at some point, or go rogue and forced to be taken out.

Mat beat him once...To my knowledge he's the only one who has...Was that sparring a glimpse of something to come? Only this time instead of a quarterstaff and practice swords it's Mat's ashandarei against Gawyn's sword? Or maybe Mat against Gawyn and Galad (since we now know he's no slouch with the sword either).

Again just tossing out idea's here.

Matt whooping up on Galad and Gawyn is still my favorite "small" scene in the entire series.  But since it has already been listed several times, I have one that I am surprised isn't on here yet:

Galad v. Eamon Valda.  For the entire fight, Galad is setting him up for a kill shot, taking multiple wounds to appear like he is losing.

I hate both of Elayne's brothers, but the scene was freakin awesome.

And dont forget...

I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over Prime.

Yes friends, act now! Destroy Unicron! Kill the Grand Poobah! Eliminate even the toughest stains!

Galad v. Eamon Valda.  For the entire fight, Galad is setting him up for a kill shot, taking multiple wounds to appear like he is losing

I forgot this one. Great fight.

Am I the only person who likes Galad?

Am I the only person who likes Galad?

No.  I think Galad is widely misunderstood because all we really hear of him is Elayne's opinion, and people forget that she's beyond a brat when she is introduced.

The evidence that Galad will always do what is right no matter who it hurts is that he goes and gets the guard when a stranger is in the palace garden, and could potentially threaten the Daughter Heir and her First Prince of the Sword.

Later we see Galad going way out of his way for family.  There's evidence of it all over.  He's the only Whitecloak that voices the need to put differences aside and ally with whomever they must to fight the DO at the last battle.

Galad is one of my favorite characters.  Much preferable to the whiny nature of Gawyn.

I like Galad. I give him props for going after a guy who he though messed with his step-mom...A sword master at that.

I like Gawyn as well. I think most people don't like him, because he hates on Rand, but if I thought someone killed my ma, I wouldn't exactly be joining their fan club either.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens with both characters.