DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
redarm

What are you reading?

Starting in on "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. Stunningly well written so far, can't believe I haven't checked out her work before.

just read portions of the Illiad for World lit and have to say ....

Achilles is a whiny little bitch.  team Hector FTW.

now onto the Odyssey

Edited by Red2111

Finished reread of The Way Of Kings and started Words of Radiance.  Also finished Characteristics of Games.  Wards of Faerie will have to wait.  Forgot how much I enjoyed WOK.  So far I am enjoying WOR as well. 

Finshed Words of Radiance.  I thought it was great.  I've heard a lot of complaint about pacing and stuff but I didn't have that problem.  I thought it moved along fine.  For such a large book there was enough in each  chapter to keep the story moving.  I now have a need to reread Warbreaker.  I was going to just go and look up some info I think related to WoR but found myself starting from the beginning.  Forgot how much I enjoyed Lightsong.

Finished Fractal Prince by Hannu Rajaniemi yesterday. It had a marvelous structure and was better than its prequel Quantum Thief in many areas, but unfortunately the ending left me feeling the same as

after I finished QT - the author has an ability to make me not interested about the next book. I'm still going to read the Causal Angel when it' published in Finland in September. Rajaniemi can write well and

the characters are deeper than in many fantasy books I've read. If the last part is better than FP, then it's very good. I hope the ending problem gets fixed. I'll likely read FP again to arrange my thoughts

more.

I just finished Brandon Sanderson Warbreaker yesterday. It's not his best but it's certainly not his worst by a long way.

I'm currently Rereading Stormlight Archive because I read it ridiculously quickly in my over excitement to finish WoR and want to see just how much I missed now that I look at it more carefully.

After that, sometime in the next couple days, I'm going to start a reread of Wheel of Time. I only came in right at the end of the series, and it's so big that you need to read it more than once to get a more thorough understanding of everything that happened.

Finished the second Dresden Files book last night, and finally got to start "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

Jim Butcher and Pat Rothfuss are going to be at Phoenix Comicon, and I wanted to be prepared in case I have the chance to meet either of them :biggrin:

Currently reading the Way of Kings (for the first time)

Finished the second Dresden Files book last night, and finally got to start "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

Jim Butcher and Pat Rothfuss are going to be at Phoenix Comicon, and I wanted to be prepared in case I have the chance to meet either of them :biggrin:

I'm thinking about reading that soon.

As predicted by Dustbringer, I loved it. Stayed up super late two nights in a row finishing "The Wise Man's Fear" and then spent a couple of days going through the Tor.com Patrick Rothfuss reread. :laugh:

reading selected parts of "The Divine Comedy" by Dante (specifically focsuing on Inferno)

I wouldnt call it bad. I have enjoyed sword of truth series so far. I enjoyed the first few books more than some of the later wot books. Up to the pillars of creation, but i changed to some other books to take a fantasy break.

If i get bored ill head over.

Currently reading through feist and prachetts works. And lining up the divergent series and the hhgttg for later.

Reading "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie, since everyone says he's amazing.  It's pretty good so far, mostly for the humor and the names.  LOVE his naming conventions for the North.  I'm simultaneously working on tFoH for my ten-billionth re-read of WoT.  After that, it's Unfinished Tales by Tolkien.

Currently reading Name of the Wind. I'm halfway through. It's definitely not as good as I expected. So far, I don't like it, but I don't not like it either....

just finished Red Seas under Red Skies the second book in Scott Lynch' Gentleman bastard sequence, not as good as The Lies of Locke Lamora but still pretty good. Gonna get started on the third, The Republic of Thieves tomorrow.