DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
redarm

What are you reading?

Just started The Darkness That Comes Before at Suttree's suggestion.  Just finished the prologue, and I'm very intrigued.  Thinking I'm gonna like this a lot.

Just started The Darkness That Comes Before at Suttree's suggestion.  Just finished the prologue, and I'm very intrigued.  Thinking I'm gonna like this a lot.

Stoked bat! Can't wait to hear what you think.

Just starting "The Mysteries of Pittsburgh" by Michael Chabon.

On to "Rage is Back" by Adam Mansbach. Pretty good so far, although it owes a ton to "Fortress of Solitude" by Jonathan Lethem.

Im reading Wheel of Time By Robert Jordan ..... yeah i know your jelous i mean what other book in this world matters right? heh! I Just read The Sparrow, very good i recoment it (series). Oh and im planing to read and finally actually finish the hitchhickers guide to the galaxy ^.^ ohh what a awesome book!

Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power, by Meacham

It's surprisingly readable. In a holy crap a really, really readable biography! sort of way, if that makes any sense at all.

Recently finished Lord of Chaos and A Crown of Swords.  Half way through re read of The Path of Daggers.  I am expecting the gift of  A memory of Light for my birthday in March so I'm trying to get through these as quickly as I can now.  Tough to find enough reading time these days, sadly.

Just read Hate List by Jennifer Brown for my Book Club. Wasn't sure I'd enjoy it as its aimed towards young adults and deals with the aftermath of a school shooting. I did enjoy it though, and I'd recommend it, but its not really a light read.

Also re-read Good Omens. Still funny as heck.

Trying to read Game of Thrones, but its not really holding my interest well.

Next up is re-reading all Jeff Lindseys "Dexter" novels

I read A Memory of Light immediately after Amazon delivered it to me on Jan.8th. It took me almost a week to read the story I waited almost 23 years to get in order to read how the greatest fantasy series of all time ends.

Afterwards, I read Ted Dekker's Sanctuary and Mortals.

Now, I am doing my first re-read of A Memory of Light.

Edited by Red2111

Finished The Path of Daggers and Winters Heart and into Crossroads of Twilight.  Doing about a book a week or so now.  The wife gifted me A Memory of Light for V-Day.  She really does love me. :wub:  

Edited by redarm

Currently reading A Hiatory of the Balkans, 1453 to present (author wrote this in the fifties), by Stavrianos. Fairly interesting though take the author's bias with a grain of salt. Good place to start if you're interested about early/modern Balkan history though.

I'm also reading, How We Choose To Be Happy, which is a very good self-help book

Started up on "The Half Made World" by Felix Gillman. Excellant world building and fairly high quality prose. Really enjoying this so far.

@Plato

You are in for a treat. Rothfuss is awesome.

Edited by Suttree

@Suttree

Woah!  I loved the story within a story (and story within a story within a story at times).  Really let the author explain details and reasoning well. 

Starting What Wise Men Fear now.

EDIT: Am thinking of picking up The Steel Remains, since I'll probably be done with What Wise Men Fear soon (Name of Wind only took me a week to read)

Edited by Plato

I have decided to try something different than my usual genres of books.

Has anyone here read anything from the alternate-history sub-genre of science fiction?

Currently, I am reading 1634: The Baltic War (the Ring of Fire series) by Eric Flint and David Weber.

I have decided to try something different than my usual genres of books.

Has anyone here read anything from the alternate-history sub-genre of science fiction?

Currently, I am reading 1634: The Baltic War (the Ring of Fire series) by Eric Flint and David Weber.

I just googled the series a little bit, sounds pretty interesting... How are you finding it so far?