• place where the Horn's maker was born
    • place where the Horn's discover was born
    • birthplace of who discovered the Horn's material
    • adjative used to describe something about the Horn
    • something believed about the Horn
    • something the Horn could do/cause
    • other (please specify)
    • undecided

The horn must have been created using some weaves very similar to what elayne did to brigitte. . . and it must be made of cuenduellar of some sort, so it must have been made AoL or the age previous then that then the heroes bound and the gold turned to cuendullar. . . beyond that I cant figure out more

I remember reading somewhere that the Horn of Valere was considered a legend even in the Age of Legends. People knew its story, but it was treated as just that - a story. For that reason it wasn't used back then, but was an important enough artifact that once found it had to be kept hidden from the Shadow at the Eye of the World.

The fact lost on some of you that the name is markedly similar to the "Horn of Valhalla" which, in Nordic mythology, was given by Odin to brave warriors to sound in times of trouble.  The sounding would unleash the gates of Valhalla and the souls of the dead heroes of the past to fight the sounder's enemies.

And, the biggest, most visible warrior hero brought back is a Norse-looking woman named Brigitte?

The fact lost on some of you that the name is markedly similar to the "Horn of Valhalla" which, in Nordic mythology, was given by Odin to brave warriors to sound in times of trouble.  The sounding would unleash the gates of Valhalla and the souls of the dead heroes of the past to fight the sounder's enemies.

And, the biggest, most visible warrior hero brought back is a Norse-looking woman named Brigitte?

I think it's a combo of Valhalla and Valor. Also, Mat has a ton of parallels to Odin (Egwene's dream of two ravens on his shoulders, hanging from the world tree, having a spear, Odin is the god of Victory (and Mat always wins in battle), wearing a wide-brimmed hat, etc.) so with him as the horn-sounder I say that's score one for Norse mythology.

Archived