A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Could Taim take one of the forsaken?

Galthran

Taim take a forsaken ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Taim take a forsaken ?

• yes
    • no

Wasn't Taim already causing havoc before the forsaken were released just a short time after Logain

Yes, but he was captured. He could have been freed by, not followers which seems unlikely against Aes Sedai, but Darkfriends or some such and brought to Shayol Ghul for the recycling (much like Cabriana Mecandes most likely was used to house Lanfear, descriptions matching).

Know, on this theory there is much contention, but I believe it most likely, considering Taim's behaviour.

The balefire against Belal seems to have been strong enough to prevent resurrection since there has not been any extra Forsaken at any of their meetings.

Also, Taim's memories seem to be his own.  When Rand mentions Taim's rescue to Taim, Taim seems to understand what Rand was talking about; a Forsaken would doubtfully understand.

Yes, I think he could probably take on some of them. He was "almost" as strong as Rand. He could even have held some strength back.

Although I think some of the outcome would be depending on other things than pure strength. Skill, knowledge, Talents, and so on. Any angreal, element of surprise, and other circumstances could be determining the outcome.

In LoC Rand tells Taim to embrace the OP as much as he could hold and the result is Rand saying he could almost hold as much as he could unaided.

does this mean that Taim could be able to take down some forsaken?

Judging on Taims success at making the Ashaman weapons as well as his strength, I would say yes. Taim could hold his own against a Forsaken. Even if the Forsaken managed to stop their worst personality trait from costing them the fight.

Taim vs Demandred. Half way through, Demandred thinks "I am a General, not a soldier!" He turns towards the nearest hill, a good place to oversee such a battle, yet as he takes his first step Taim balefires him. And readers defend Demandred and his stupid mistake because "its realistic, he IS a general after all."

I guess I'm the only one who thinks "no." He's not a ta'veren and he doesn't have Lews Therin's experience to draw against.

Lews Therins memories and Ta'veren arent the only things that get him through the Forsaken. Their own personal defects do it. Aginor and Balthamel rambled on long enough for the Green Guy to do stuff, Moghedien babbled enough for Nynaeve to think an adam on her. Lanfear could have killed Rand Moiraine Aviendha and anyone else there, but her love-hate thing for Rand distracted her. There are more.

All Taim would need to do is stand there and wait for the Forsaken to get the silver plate out. Plus he definitely has enough One Power knowledge to stand his own. Definitely.

It will be interesting to find out what Taim has been teaching the boys in black at the black tower i think Taim could take pretty much all of the women forsaken with the possibility  of Lan Fear she could push him.

as for the male forsaken Ishamael or Demandred but i like Demandred so i could be building him up haha

I think I have to agree with Reptyle here. Yes Taim is almost as powerful as Rand. But even with his 15ish years of experiance channeling I don't think it would have been enough. For example after Moggy has taken a massive beatdown from Nyn she still swats aside the black ajah girls with no problem, not with strength but with skill! Maybe if he got really lucky Tain would survive but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

You can't be recycled if you're balefired.

The DO can't "step out of time just a little bit." He can't step out of time, period.

Be'lal is dead.

I'm pretty sure Robert Jordan said somewhere that balefire doesn't make it impossible for the soul to be saved, it just makes it much harder and based on the power of the balefire that made the kill, the window of opportunity for saving the soul that much smaller.

He probably couldn't take them in a straight-up, power-to-power, who is strongest type fight. But who fights that way unless they have to?

Moiraine took out two of the Forsaken and she didn't have nearly the strength to match Lanfear or Be'lal head to head.

Nynnave took out Moghedein and she was shielded at the time.

So, yes, he could take one of the forsaken, hell, Sorilea could take one out if she jumped them with her knife before they realized what was going on.

Archived