DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Rey Mafia] Julius Caesar - THE CONSPIRATORS HAVE KILLED CAESAR!

Reyoru

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL it finally clicked for me. It wasn't until you mentioned the roles/actions switching that I remembered exactly what happened in the charmed game.

Wombat: In this theory, she did switch roles. You aren't getting it. Red didn't say 'I want to switch Wombat's target with this mafia person.' She said 'I want to switch Ed with this mafia person.' Because it's a pretty obvious guess that the finder would have viewed Ed last night, after the whole Ed/Lily debacle.

How would I know to ask Wombat if I was targeted by a role switcher?  For one I'd never have asked that because any game I've ever played the mod doesn't divulge that information.  You'd get a big fat PAFO.  Like I said.. (do you want me to put it in huge blue letters too?)  The purpose of the role switcher role, especially given to a mafia member, is to cause confusion.  TELLING YOU THAT YOUR STUFF WAS SWITCHED DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE.

There, MCS is smart. I know...I know...that itself should get me lynched. :D :P

Now, I will wait until and if there is a L-1 or L-2 (did I use those right?) lynch to add any additional info. But this is a summary that will be proven if you lynch me. Then Wombat will die.

1. I am the Lie Detector

2. I sent in MCS and Lily (I received Nae and Lily instead), and Lily was lying.

3. Lily set up a counter-claim, thinking I might not be the LD. Or else she was pulling a big, big risk.

4. Wombat sets out the idea that there is a Kivam's Gambit (Lily knows this is a crazy a$$ claim, yet a good one).

5. No one cares, because it seems silly.

6. Lily is lynched, and proven scum like I said.

7. Wombat implements his and Lily's plan and brings back the idea of the Gambit in full force, using Fear Mongering and Baseless Accusations.

8. He assists this bogus claim by false-claiming Finder (which again, I highly doubt there is one).

9. We are here. There may be one or two more things I can tell you. But I have to go back and check. I will ask Rey, and check my records.

10. Also, somewhere in there, I got a 'not lying' on Tigs.

Also, Wombat, what ever happened to that 'general' PM that every townie got?

OH! You didn't get one. :D

Alanna, here is the post.

I have one today, but I am waiting until tonight to use it.

Whoever I view, Wombat will say I am lying, so if I find his buddy (I am sure there is still one or two more scum), he will just keep claiming I am lying. And I will never hear the end of it.

I dunno I'm just rereading that post you quoted that you keep quoting a bit of over and over ... I read alot of it as scummy.  "I would have revealed upon daybreak but ...(i had to confirm with my teammates)" "Reds role thru me..."Her death caused me to have to go back and rework stuff with my team as it changed things"  So on so forth. Maybe I'm wrong?  But you sure look scummeh to meh.

You are once again confusing actions and targets with roles.  Rey told me that the role switcher switches people's roles.  He did not say that he switches actions targeted to them.  The role switcher is not a bus driver.  If my role was switched, he would have to tell me because I would have a completely different role for that night.

Edit for Nae: ::)

Alanna, here is the post.

I have one today, but I am waiting until tonight to use it.

Whoever I view, Wombat will say I am lying, so if I find his buddy (I am sure there is still one or two more scum), he will just keep claiming I am lying. And I will never hear the end of it.

If you're willing to bus another one of your teammates, I have no problem with obliging you.

Guest dragonsworn1991

If you switch a role you don't switch allignment so if you switch an innocent finder with a vanilla mafia , and the innocent who has been switched should still show as innocent, or at least that is how a role switching ability should work.

First off.. I am ignoring Hades because they are trying to control the game and I think that goes against the ethics of the game.  Wether Talya's post about what the role pm says is true or not it IS against everything I know about the game and she should know better.  The behavior of the dead players is making me want to drop out of the game.  They are ruining the spirit of it.

Secondly.. I'm trying to wrap my brain around what exactly it is Red's role does.  Switching roles not targets... so if Bob is mafia and Sue is finder and Billy switched their ROLES then whoever Bob picked to kill would be findered and whoever Sue picked to finder would be killed.  What I don't get with that is does Bob get the finder result?

I DON'T believe you'd be told.. guess what?  That person you viewed?  They are dying instead.  Still want to pick them?  I think the actions would just happen like I said in my example.  I don't however know what would happen with the finder result.  (IE who would get the reading)

I'm also ignoring the dead thread. I hate dead threads. They're dead, they shouldn't influence the game anymore.

Yeah, apparently Red's role is different than what I thought. She's not really a role switcher, not like how Lily had done it in her game. This like Pete's juggler from his mafia rev game. That's totally different.

I have mixed feelings about dead people trying to influence the game which is why I personally don't think I would give people a public dead thread, but I also believe in using every tool I have (like exploiting the quote loophole).  If you don't agree with the way Rey mods or the way I play, I understand that, but it doesn't change the evidence.

Guest dragonsworn1991

It isn't like that. If you switch a vig with a finder the vig then gets to choose who they view for the night and a finder gets to choose who they would kill. They would have to be informed about that so they could adjust strategies accordingly. Also the person doing the viewing would get the resullt and not the original finder.

And that is how I worked my role when I created it

I've been at work and like I've said before, I don't have internet at home, thus I have to wait to get on until I'm at the library or my Grandparents house. THUS I can't babysit and watch this thread 24/7. And yes I put it off a bit and check another forum first because I know reading the thread will take me an hour or more until I'm even able to post. I do check my Mafia threads first when I come to DM though. If I'm going to be lambasted for this, then oh well.

I agree with you Naeann and like I said in that thread, IF Lily and Red are allowed to keep plotting and planning with their Mafia buds, I think that is total crap. They are dead. The dead innocents don't get to help us out, why the hell do the Mafia still get to keep the strength of that many minds working together?

I wrote up a post but if I'm confused about what Red's role is, that might change my vote. I though that a Role Switcher, basically switched roles.

For instance: Mafia Role Switcher, switches the Innocent LD's role with the Mafia's no-role. Now the Innocent is role-less and the Mafia eliminates the Lie Detecting because the other person can't use it anymore.

Is this Juggler y'all mention different?

Guest dragonsworn1991

And it wouldn't surprise me if Rey made everyone's win condition a little different. That is what I do, there is no standard win condition in any of my games, so if people quote my pms or allude to them they get what they deserve, I try and not give away more information then a player's role calls for and a standard win condition gives away a little extra info then needed to play the game. I think Rey may have done the same because my pm is a little different then what Talya has posted.

Hi, my name is Pete and I am a bastard mod

Wombat, again, nt once did my PM say Caesar in it.

All it said is that I was innocent, and then explained my role and title.

If everyone got a PM saying Caesar in it, why isn't there an onrush of everyone going "OMG Wombat is right!" and hammering me already?

I have been on the fence about Ed and Wombat. Since y'all are pressuring, even though the deadline isn't until tomorrow, I'll make up my mind and pick someone.

Ed has been scummy to me the entire game. I can't shake my suspicions of him and even if he was innocent when he found out Lily was lying, he'd be the perfect candidate for Red to target to role switch with someone else. I mean really, who else would you chose but the Lie Detector who can find you out? (That is, if you knew he was innocent). Switch his role with a Mafia and you've neatly made him obsolete. However if this role is more like what Dsworn is saying, we won't have to worry about that since the Role-switcher is dead.

Not to mention, Wombat did know what the win condition for an innocent was though that could be guessed pretty easily, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm unsure if that means for me that Ed is telling the truth about not getting something like that, because why would you say that if you were Mafia when it would be so easy to guess? Or that he is Mafia because he never got anything about it. Also if Wombat is a Finder of some type it makes sense for him not to role-reveal until he found a Scum.

However, I can totally see the Mafia trying to get us to believe that Wombat is the Finder, thus getting us into this big mess where we don't know who to trust. In fact, I'm so suspicious of everything right now I'm starting to suspect that Ed and Wombat are *both* scums attempting the Gambit AGAIN so that we trust one or the other because a Scum was lynched. Win-Win. *sighs* Mafia makes me go crazy :P And just as likely they are both innocent, the Mafia is just sitting back and laughing as we lynch both of the people capable of helping us find them easiest.

But I promised I would vote, so I'm going with my gut. There is no solid proof in any of this for me to say AHA a scum, they have muddied the waters too much. [glow=red,2,300]Wombat[/glow] I really hope you aren't the Cop/Finder.

I might still change my mind before the deadline though if someone says something convincing.

Ed: Mine did mention Caesar but as I posted up above, either way it's not convincing for me.

Vote Count - Day Three

Ed (5) - Wombat, Pete, Pale, Pookie, Alanna

Wombat (6): Ed, Boopsy, Al, Nae, mcs, Lia

Not Voting: Tigs, meercatman, Tynaal

[glow=green,2,300]With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch[/glow]

Deadline is Thursday, 9.30pm GMT

Archived