DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Berelain and Tuon

Psion

So, both Berelain and Tuon claim to be heirs of Artur Hawkwing, right? So do we think a confrontation is inevitable? Would the Seanchan want to kill Berelain, or revere her? 

For that matter, my memory of later books - specifically The Plot That Would Not Die aka Perrin angsting about Faile - is pretty hazy.  Didn't Berelain meet some Seanchan? What were their reactions?

My guess is that the Seanchean would want to re-educate Berelain, make her swear the oaths just as they had other rulers (i.e. Tylin) do, and if she refused, then make her wear nearly see-through clothing. Knowing Berelain, she would swear the oaths and wear see-through clothing, at least, I hope...  ;D

As for the later books, I'm also hazy and can't remember, I'm on a re-read and just finishing up A Crown of Swords.

So, both Berelain and Tuon claim to be heirs of Artur Hawkwing, right? So do we think a confrontation is inevitable? Would the Seanchan want to kill Berelain, or revere her?

She would be a member of the royal family and the High Blood.

For that matter, my memory of later books - specifically The Plot That Would Not Die aka Perrin angsting about Faile - is pretty hazy.  Didn't Berelain meet some Seanchan? What were their reactions?

She met Tylee Kirghin, a banner-general. Tylee said she was a distant cousin of the Imperial family and would recieve honors as long as she did not claim part of the empire.

She would be a member of the royal family and the High Blood.

She met Tylee Kirghin, a banner-general. Tylee said she was a distant cousin of the Imperial family and would recieve honors as long as she did not claim part of the empire.

My guess? Tuon would grant her rights to Mayene, provided she knelt to Tuon. Berelain would probably demand and get permanent defense against Tear as well. Heck, Mayene might become the new Imperial capital, given that it was the one speck of land in the whole of Randland that had, from the Seanchan point of view, remained loyal all these years.

My guess? Tuon would grant her rights to Mayene, provided she knelt to Tuon. Berelain would probably demand and get permanent defense against Tear as well. Heck, Mayene might become the new Imperial capital, given that it was the one speck of land in the whole of Randland that had, from the Seanchan point of view, remained loyal all these years.

You know, Mayene might be a nice spot for the Seanchan to set up a "home-away-from-home" kind of thing, too.  They have a nice port to the ocean, although it is the furthest away in Randland, but it is still reachable.

Randlanders would probably accept it because it is overshadowed by Tear.

Rand himself would probably find a way to force a truce, which would  be accepted by both parties because of Berelain and (of course) Tear is there to keep the Seanchan in check.

It would be a very conveineint way for both peoples to start to merge.

I like it.  I'm stealing this idea.  thanks.

This raises a slightly different issue to my mind--specifically what would have happened had the Seanchan returned to find Hawkwing's Empire alive and well? Even ignoring the divergent opinions on channeling and slavery, how would Radhanan reacted to a High King would was a direct and legal descendent of Hawkwing? Submitted to him? Demanded he submit? Seanchan opinion about the supremacy of the Empress doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

I almost wish I could have seen that--the Return, full of rightous expectation, meeting the High King, descendent of Artur's legal heir, and his honoured Aes Sedai advisor.

Turak: We have come home.

High King: Well piss off again. We're full.

This raises a slightly different issue to my mind--specifically what would have happened had the Seanchan returned to find Hawkwing's Empire alive and well? Even ignoring the divergent opinions on channeling and slavery, how would Radhanan reacted to a High King would was a direct and legal descendent of Hawkwing? Submitted to him? Demanded he submit? Seanchan opinion about the supremacy of the Empress doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

Well, there are several things about this scenario. 1). The Empress is a descendant of Luthair, Hawkwing's heir and eldest so she would have precedence. 2). The rest of children and grandchildren were killed. (Berelain and the Firsts of Mayene claim to come from Tyr who was declared dead well before the death of Artur).

The Seanchan fully expected the Empire to still be intact but for it to be ruled by a steward.

Archived