DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To anyone who doesn't live in England

Jelly

Did anyone say Phone Booths yet? ;)

Fish & chips, bangers & mash, Porter (dark beer like this actually started in England)

The Clash (London Calling!), The Who, the Beatles, Queen

Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Wiliam Wordsworth, John Newton (wrote "Amazing Grace")

Red Coats (The British are coming!)

Rain & Fog

The moors w/ heather in bloom

Tea, tea pots, fine bone china

Jolly good, cheerio

London

Westminster, Buckingham Palace, St. Pauls

Mary Poppins

Cadbury chocolate

Chronicles of Narnia (C.S. Lewis was actually Irish!)

Winston Churchill, King Henry VIII, Queen Elizabeth I, Bloody Mary, Queen Victoria, Alfred the Great, Robin Hood, King Arthur & Guinevere & Lancelot

Castles, knights, round tables

Bisquits, scones, tea sandwiches

Croquet, Cricket, Rugby

Hope that helps!

- a 99 flake on a cold pebbly seafront

- old ladies at a bus stop with wheely bags

- bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, fried bread, black pudding, tomato and a lage cup of tea

- Blue Peter

- school hymns and the Lord's prayer in morning assambaly... "hello, be thy name..."

- Marks & Spencer

- chavs

- national pride, but only when the World Cup is on

- a curious love/hate relationship with the French

- Bluewater

- old men in allotments, with knotted hankerchiefs on their heads

- a general dislike of all politicians

- driving on the left with clutches on roundabouts

- Euro Shmuro, we'll keep our pounds shillings and pence thanks!

(I live in England as you may have guessed - but I don't like cream tea, and the only butler I know is Jeeves :p)

ASBOs, Blackpool, Wordsworth, The Kinks, Turner skies, Adam Smith (You Americans liked his ideas a lot), Redcoats, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, The Battle of Waterloo,  Regimental army system, Canterbury Tales (the first novel in English), Shakespeare/Stratford-upon-Avon/The Globe, The 02, The venerable Bede and Lindisfarne, The channel tunnel, Hadrian's Wall, JRR Tolkien (I went the same school as him!), Real ale, Balti's, football hooliganism, Aston Villa FC (My team), Wembley Stadium, The Sex Pistols, Simon Cowell, Winston Churchill, George Orwell and 1984, Tony Blair and his lies, Conkers, Steak and Ale pie, HP Sauce, St Columba and St Augustin, Yorkshire Pudding, Damien Hirst, Camden Town, John Maynard Keynes, the iPod (yep, the designer was English), the world wide web, the Humber Bridge, Strawberry Fields, Cadbury's chocolate), Bertrand Russell, The Office, Dad's Army, Canals and longboats, Charles Dickens, JK Rowling, The Stones, The M25 *shudder*, The Mini, The Somme, The class system, Cider with Ice, Kebabs at 4am, dislike of organised religion, independent, multi-culturalism, Stonehenge, Magna Carta, Charles Darwin, Alan Partridge, www.bbc.co.uk, the BBC in general, Tabloid press, Royal Ascot, Redgrave and Pinsent, Oscar Wilde, The tube, Summer afternoons watching the cricket, Winter nights watching the football, Katie Price, dislike of American sports, distasteful jokes, the Eden project, Trooping the colour, covent garden, Glastonbury (how i love this place), BoJo, Regional accents - cockneys, brummies, scousers, mancs, geordies, brizzolians; Henry VIII and his many wives, Elizabeth the 'virgin' queen, James Tyndale and the first bible in English, The Royal Navy and the rum ration, Wootton Bassett :-( , Rule Brittania, self-deprecation, Bookies, Primark, Gordon Ramsey, Wetherspoon pubs, Stag parties in Bournemouth, Judges in wigs, Oliver Cromwell and the New Model Army, the Queen, rumours about Prince Harry's parentage and that Diana was bumped off, Stephen Fry, a Sunday carvery, butlins, A nation of shopkeepers, Margaret Thatcher, liberty.

And relax.

Archived