DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eragon.

Angel of Death

Read the post title and thought "oh no, not another Eragon bashing" - turns out its not :lol:

Well, i've read both books (several times), there sitting on my book shelf right next to WoT, so i guess that means i like them

Actually, i'm quite looking foward to the film(s) (and the third book)

• 1 month later...

I liked the books, but I agree with Kadere on one thing. For everyone who haven't read the books, Varden are supposed to be armed resistence housed for safety in the kingdom/home of dwarves. And in the trailer they have them dressed like insane jamaicans(no racism intended)! I mean really, who goes to war in long orange, green, leopard, and blue robes??????

i still have issues with certain things in the books, but i wont go into it here

however that trailer does look good! Minor problems being I cant stand the English Public Schoolboy accent thats running through films at the moment (Narnia, Stormbreaker and now Eragon)and the likelyhood it will dissapoint like so many others

however, film = publicity, and that cant be bad for the genre as a whole

now where is that Eragon bashing thread?

Those books are somewhere in my top 5 list' date=' and I'm all kinds of excited about the movie. Especially after seeing the trailer. Of course it won't be EXACTLY like the book... No movie ever is. What matters is if the director's interpretation of it makes a good story. December 15 is a long time! Bah![/quote']

I agree! I can hardly wait!

Archived