DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

this is about paranormal activity, but after I saw it I came home late that night and everyone else had gone to bed. I had just been on a camp so had lots of dirty clothes. I was putting them in the washing machine when I noticed that our ceiling was open. Just like it the movie.  :o

I almost wet myself it was so freaky!

We had been doing some DIY but I didnt know that cos of my camp. I didnt sleep that well that night to say the least.  :D

okay so i've seen a few new movies.

"She's out of my League" was an excellent movie :)  very funny and worth goign to see in the theaters.  much better than i expected

"The Bounty Hunter" meh.  i like gerald butler, he's very nice to look at.  but he was about the only good thing in this movie.  it had it's points but better to wait and rent it imo.

last but not least.  i watched an older movie named "Wolf" with Michelle Pifer(sp) and Jack Nicholson.

didn't really enjoy the movie but what i found interesting and peaked my interest was there is a WoT mention in it!!!

its been playign on Showtime alot so check it out about an hour in.  when he's hardballing his boss an signing the new contract, in the bookshelf behind them on the far wall are numerous copies of FoH, a few copies of tDR and atleast one copy of each tEotW and tGH. 

yeah i totally get syked by those type of things *grins*

Was actually last night but...

Watched Spirited Away. Omg, thought I was smoking something, went way over my head. I don't think I was in the right frame of mind to watch it, but it was good in it's odd way.

Also watched American History X. Much more thought provoking, violent, but really good. Reminds me why I like Edward Norton as an actor.

Watched Spirited Away. Omg, thought I was smoking something, went way over my head. I don't think I was in the right frame of mind to watch it, but it was good in it's odd way.

Spirited Away is definitely a trip, but a good trip for me.  I thought it was really good; normally I don't like anime type stuff, but that was really good.

went and saw "Clash of the Titans" last night. (not the 3d version)

it was a good movie, though i believe they got soem of the mythology wrong.  and Zues's hair is suppose to be white  

the only other thing i didn't like about it was that you can tell the entire film was made for 3D, which made the action scenes way too close up to be enjoyable.

honestly, they need to film it in two seperat ways.  release 1 film for 3D only and film the other one for regular only.  that way it doesn't seem too muddled and too close to the screen to be enjoyable in the regular verson.

other than that, it was a rather good film.

I just watched An Education and Crazy Heart.

Reviews to come

In Crazy Heart it was Jeff Bridges' performance that drove this enjoyable, if somewhat predictable, tale of a broken down country singer.  I suggest it for anyone who enjoys Bridges or country music.  Colin Farrell is also in it and even though he doesn't have a lot of scenes, he does a good job.  8/10

An Education is a good movie about a young girl, Jenny, who meets an older man, David, who shows her the world in a way she couldn't have imagined.  Carey Mulligan (Jenny) did a fantastic job in the lead role, with Peter Skaarsgard (David) dominating as her rich, elder boyfriend.  The movie was really good, and my only complaint is that Scherfig tries too hard to make the watcher understand exactly what's going on at all times. Because he does so, the watcher misses out on the excitement Jenny must experience when she visits Paris and all these other famous places she's never been before.  7.9/10

I saw Book of Eli last night and I was pretty impressed with the direction and acting.  It had a great cast: Denzel Washington, Mila Kunis, Gary Oldman, Jennifer Beals, Ray Stevenson, Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), and Malcolm McDowell.  The action and fight scenes were good, and surprisingly gory.  The story was most definitely entertaining and there was a twist that I didn't see coming (but looking back on the movie, it made total sense, they hide it in plain site).  Now, this movie far exceeded my expectations...until the last two minutes.  It's like Hughes gave up the director's chair to Troy Duffy.  The last two minutes were absolutely stupid and me and everyone in the theatre literally laughed.  I will block out the ending and pretend it never happened.  7.5/10

Gamer is great, agreed. Made me think of Call of Duty, which automatically got it a thumbs up, but I like the involvement of things like the "ping" and the way the kid gets the illegal mod so he can talk to his Con... Kickass film. Plus Mike Hall is the bad guy, which was nice. Hadnt seen him in anything other than Dexter before that.

I watched The Informant! the other day and found it to be good, if mediocre.  Matt Damon did a great job in his role as Mark Whitacre, an extremely smart business executive who decides to turn informant for the FBI on his own company. Soderbergh does a good job keeping the movie lighthearted and satirical and allows Damon to flourish in his role. Despite good direction and a great performance from Damon, the movie flounders and little towards the middle and flirts with boredom. I am glad I watched this movie; it was different than I expected and I found myself laughing aloud several times. This movie is great for Damon fans, or anyone who enjoys a good, light-witted comedy based on a true story.

I watched Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans tonight...and I was blown away.  I've seen some weird things in my life, but this was one of the weirdest.  Nicholas Cage was fantastic (something I never expected to say) as Detective McDonaugh, a drug-addicted, gambler who will do just about anything to get what he wants.  He plays the role perfectly, crazy and drugged out.  So, while I liked Cage's role, the movie itself was just plain apeshit.  It was so far out in space, it was bonkers.  There were so many plot-lines, plot-holes, and extreme weirdness (e.g. breakdancing souls, 30 second shots of singing Iguanas and a heartbroken alligator) that I found myself asking, What the Heck!?  It was like a trip, a weird, dark, slightly humurous, trip that wasn't scary, but was just bizarre.  I didn't enjoy the movie much at all.  So, 4/5 for Cage's acting and 2/5 for the movie itself.  I honestly wouldn't suggest it to someone, it was just too weird.  However, if you like Cage or Herzog (director) or crazy trippy movies, maybe this is for you.

I just watched the Matrix trilogy for the first time since they were originally released and I have to say I have enjoyed them a lot more than I remembered. Sure, with the CGI they can come up with now, some scenes look a little off, but most of the scenes have really stood the test of time. I really enjoyed watching them and will no longer think of the Matrix as an inferior trilogy. It makes me wonder why I didnt like it the first time. Maybe it was the hype and the abundance of immitators?

I just watched Forrest Gump.  I'd never seen it before last night and I LOVED IT! I thought it was really well done on every level with relatively few flaws.  I was never bored, I laughed, I cried, and I cheered.  I really, really liked it.  5/5

I also watched Green Zone tonight.  It's the Iraq thriller with Matt Damon.  It was good, but not great.  It wasn't just a Bourne knockoff, and I was really afraid it would be.  It had it's own story and characters, despite the fact that there was little to no character development or plot development.  You pretty much know everything right away.  There are no surprises, but there are definitely intense scenes.  The final chase sequence is a bit long and got boring.  Johnny Isaacs, one of the best actors in Hollywood, is in it, but you barely see his face.  Basically, it's just Brendan Gleeson, Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear, and Amy Ryan.  It was by far the most liberal movie on Iraq to date...and I loved it for that.  It basically gave the Bush Administration's invasion of Iraq the justified thrashing it deserved, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  The movie wore it's political agenda on its sleeve, but it was well done.  The ending was anti-climactic, but I found myself satisfied after the movie was over.  All in all, a 5.8/10