DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

I recently watched Un Prophète. It's a French movie about a young Arab man, Malik El Djebena, who is sentenced to six years in prison. During his incarceration he gets involved with the Corsican mafia and the story revolves around Malik's rise to the top in jail. It's not the most original story ever, but I still thought the movie was excellent. The actors were really great, especially Niels Arestrup as the leader of the Corsicans, César Luciani. Definetely recommended. 9/10.

Just watched Boondock Saints 2. I'm torn... it's entertaining. But the editing was terrible, and some of the scenes just felt wrong. Some of the overblown actions scenes are suppose to be "holy shit awesome", instead some are "holy shit retarded".

That said, it got better in the last 3rd and was satisfied with the ending.

just watched New Moon.  meh.  the series is alright, i've read it and i can appreciate that this movie really stuck to the book from what i remember.

still ... meh.

btw i couldnt help myself but get aggrevated with Bella for how she leads jacob on in the book, and i was equally as aggrivated watching on the screen.    not to mention the actors that play Edward adn bella ...  seperate their okay, but when their acting together (especailly the kissing angst scene)  not digging it.

I just got back from watching "How to Train Your Dragon". I loved it! I will definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD. It actually made in cry. Somewhat predictable storyline. Not really a movie for surprises, but it's for kids. The comedy was very well done (at least in Spanish) and not so silly as to be unbelievable in the context of the film. A must see, especially for those with children.

I just watched The Men Who Stare at Goats and it was decent.  I went into it really excited; the previews made it look pretty funny.  It was disappointing in that it wasn't as funny as I was expecting and the story was missing something, even if I can't put my finger on exactly what.  I was surprised that the great cast didn't lift it above mediocre, but it was still funny and entertaining enough for me to give it a 5.75/10

I just watched Almost Famous and it was incredible.  5/5

I love that movie. Every time I watch it I wanna go on tour, do drugs and play huge shows haha.

Not that I condone that sort of behavior.

Just watched Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope.

No words could describe the experience.  :P

Darn tootin. What did you enjoy about it?

Just watched Paranormal Activity Loved it loved it loved it! I'm a big horror fan and love supernatural/deamon movies and gory horror movies, but some of my friends only like the gore and they thought it was boring.

I saw this for the first time a few months ago and I'm still sleeping with the hall light on and thanking God I dont live in a two story house :)