DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Illyena

mhael784

Who was Lews Therin Telammon's wife reborn as?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who was Lews Therin Telammon's wife reborn as?

• Elayne
    • Min
    • Aviendha
    • Alivia
    • Nynaeve
    • Egwene
    • Cadsuane
    • Moraine
    • Faile
    • Berelain

I would say Aviendha or Elayne.  However:

1. There hasn't been any indications in any of their many, many POVs

2. She has never been referred to as a heroic or even important person in here time.  The Dragon's woman seem to be about all she was.  I don't see her being reborn.

All souls are rewoven into the pattern. Also supposedly each soul that is connected to another i.e. marriage, bonding, blood will be rewoven connected again i.e. Rand and Elayne

That's not true. Gaidal and Birgitte are linked, but that's unique. Souls are rarely woven out together with any degree of frequency--excepting the turning of the wheel and the return to the same lifetime, of course.

There really should be a choice that says "She wasn't reborn".

:-\

I don't think she was.

Most likely, she has been reborn, since most souls are, not just Heroes and such.

But reborn as someone we have seen, or even reborn at a time that means she is alive at the time the story takes place? That is a different matter.

Me, I think she was reborn as Else Grinwell. Or Elaida ;D

There was a past thread that speculated about this.

Like another poster told, all people's souls get reborn; not just Heroes.

The books do not tell whether Ilyena is currently reborn or not; nor as who if she is reborn.

Elayne would be most likely if Ilyena was a channeling ruler or a channeling heir of some throne.

Min would be most likely if Ilyena could see people's futures.

Aviendha would be most likely if Ilyena was a channeling spear fighter.

If Ilyena is reborn, it could be as only one person since a soul I take cannot be split.

From discussions Hopper had with Perrin in Telaranrhiod, it seems at least wolves get reborn.

Person's soul being reborn as an animal, I think that would depend on if there is like a link between the animal type and the human; like there is with wolves & wolfbrothers/wolfsisters.

The general consensus is that she wasn't... but if she WAS, the absolutely the only person she could be would be Alivia. The woman who can channel at what would have been her power level, the woman fiercely and utterly devoted to Rand for no real understandable reason, the one who will help him die and the one who has repeatedly been described as looking just like her.

ImpBo...It can't be Alivia...she is the complete antithesis to what we know (mostly from EOTW Prologue) of Iyllenia.

Alivia is Dark and Stern and all that bad stuff.

It can't be anyone other than Elayne(and not just because of the similarities between names) ... Elayne is Golden-Haired and Light and all that mess...exactly what we were told in EOTW Prologue.

JMO!! :)

Fish

It can't be anyone other than Elayne(and not just because of the similarities between names) ... Elayne is Golden-Haired and Light and all that mess...exactly what we were told in EOTW Prologue.

JMO!! :)

Fish

You are making the assumption that people look more or lress the same in every incarnation. A quick look at the physical descriptions of Rand and Lews Therin tells us that is not the case.

I recall somewhere telling that rebirths do not always have similar bodies or similar names; I do not remember where. Though the person would have same gender.

To me rebirths would have a similar occupation to a previous life.

Examples:

-A warrior in one life could be warriors/soldiers/archers/etc in other lives.

-A scholar in one life might be scholars/teachers/philosophers/etc in other lives.

-A ruler/heir in one life might have some position of authority in other lives.

-A channeler in one life would be channelers in other lives.

So blonde people always get reborn with blonde hair?

Come on...

How shallow an explanation is THAT?

Archived