DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Simpsons

Kaznen

Sunday night on the Simpson's 20th anniversery special: In 3D, on Ice the state Springfield was in was finally revealed and today I come to the Seanchan borad to see it you all are talking about it and....

nothing

What is wrong here?

hmmm... we always knew that it was Springfield, even if it wasn't official, but when the movie came out, MG awarded it to vermont in a contest. Did they actually go out and say it in the show??

Oregon

Springfield is based on Portland Oregon.  That is were the creator is from, Springfield elem is a cartoon copy of MG's ele school and half the characters are named after streets in the city.

I love the simpsons. I guess I grew up with it, but the humour, when it's hot it's hot. I'll freely admit some of the early stuff is crap and there are some hit and miss moments, but overall it's the series that bought animation into it's current guise.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think some of the episodes where the show goes off on a complete tanget are some of the best, and who could forget Hank Scorpio? That episode is -GOLD-.

• Community Administrator

I love the simpsons. I guess I grew up with it, but the humour, when it's hot it's hot. I'll freely admit some of the early stuff is crap and there are some hit and miss moments, but overall it's the series that bought animation into it's current guise.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think some of the episodes where the show goes off on a complete tanget are some of the best, and who could forget Hank Scorpio? That episode is -GOLD-.

After they moved the series focus from Homer back to bart is when the show started going from Funny back to the 'moral' I did bad, sorry episodes.

"but overall it's the series that bought animation into it's current guise."

I dunno about that, maybe 'american adult sitcom cartoons' possibly, but really, Adult swims the guys who rebooted Family Guy. Futurama is comin back sometime... Assuming Comedy central actually starts making new episodes and not just episodizing the movies... Futurama > Family Guy > Simpsons. Oh, and somewhere in there, Venture Bros. and Metalacolypse.

• Community Administrator

I simply find Family Guy Funnier than the Simpsons, They've been on for 20+ years now, they've lost there 'spark' imo.

Course, The Simpsons would make me laugh more if I were say, 10.

Though, Family guy has a lot of pedo jokes in it...

I must say Futurama is probably my favourite. And that episode mentioned above, just shows you can have heart in a comedy and not make it terrible. Also, the relationship between Fry and Leela is something that I actually give a crap about, not like any other animation.

In regards to the simpsons, perhaps it's just Australian TV but I havn't really noticed any "Bart Morality Lesson" episodes, but perhaps we're just seven years behind as always. I'd honestly watch an average simpsons repeat than new family guy, for me the family guy forumla is too obvious. But I guess people can say that about the simpsons.

A poll'd be interesting about this. But wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same? ;)

Archived