DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chuck - NBC - Monday 9 EST

Zashara

I think I've been turned into a Chuck convert. Just caught the premiere last night and enjoyed it. People on twitter talk about it all the time so I figured I'd check it out.

Anyone else watch it/have strong opinions.

I just started watching eps on hulu over the holiday break, since so many shows are on long hiatuses... hiati. Whatever.

Having seen most of season 2 but not much of season 1, I like it. I'm interested to see how Chuck changes with the onset of his new superspy powers.

I liked the first two seasons a lot.  Season 3 has been kind of weak so far though imo.  There's not enough humor and I really didn't like all the drama with Chuck and Sarah.  Both Chuck and Sarah acted out of character imo and there were several times that I wanted to slap Chuck.  Also, I don't think the writing was very strong (probably a function of the less humor/more drama thing).

• 1 month later...

Chuck is one of my faves this season... but I'm not loving the Hannah character. And the Chuck/ Sarah OOC is indeed a bit off.

But I'd watch an hour long cat litter commercial if it had Adam Baldwin in it! ;D

Overall, seasons 1 & 2 were far better, but I'll keep watching and hoping for the funny to come back full force.

Sorry,  I lapsed into "netspeak" there for a sec...

OOC means Out of Character. Chuck and Sarah have both been acting like different people lately. After years of chasing each other in one way or another, they both just fall for other people out of the blue. It's a little out of character in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Not really.  They've both been doing the lois and clark thing where they can't have each other and after a long time of that, they just get exasperated and give up for a while.

They try a different direction to see how it pans out.  Its more about evolution of character or character development as we would call it in the novels.

As much as we love the John Casey archetypes/stereotypes we like to see the characters given a little depth and not be a one dimensional static mouthpiece.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Chuck has jumped the shark for me but I still love it. Work that one out. I can't.

Anyhow Chuck is not on next week. What am I going to do? Where I'll get my Chuck fix?

And why the hell isn't it on? You got some over-rated sports event on? I know it's not Thanks-bloody-giving yet.

See ^ I need my Chuck fix.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, I hate it when they change the lineups. This season has been a mess if you ask me.

I know they say this will be the last season of Chuck, but I am sooooooo hoping they will change their minds. Again. LOL

Archived