DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any one here Interested in Anime & Manga?

Little Miss

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really read any mangas, but I do watch anime sometimes. Some of my favorite series would be Bleach, Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (such a weird show), and Neo Genesis Evangelion. Anime films I like are Paprika, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Akira, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Dragonball Z: World's Strongest, Dragonball Z: Tree of Might, Dragonball Z: Deadzone, Howl's Moving Castle, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Ghost in a Shell, Bleach: Memories of Nobody, Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion, Evangelion 1.0, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

YAY! Some one other than me, myself, and Limi! :D

I haven't been able to watch a whole lot of complete series, but I really like Trinity Blood, Bleach, some Naruto, Moon Phase but Sailor Moon was what got me hooked when I was younger and it really drew me in to both the manga and anime world.

Princess Mononoke was really good! And LOVE FF VII Advent Children <3

I didn't get into anime until I was 14 and Dragonball Z was on Toonami on Cartoon Network. All my friends were into anime and would go to our local University for anime nights where they'd watch tons of stuff, but I didn't really like it. Wasn't until I'd graduated high school really that I started to like anime. Then I started trying to watch all the ones you're "supposed to watch." Like Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion, and I really liked both.

I recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, my brother discovered it and we watched it over Thanksgiving break. It's possibly the most hilarious show I've ever seen. Very weird. There's some action, some romance, but mostly it's just hilarious.

Since you like Bleach, I figure you might also like Cowboy Bebop if you haven't seen it. It's slightly more violent, but the series is only 26 episodes long, and just really well drawn and written. Tons of fun. You could just start by watching the movie and see if you like that.

I own the first 7 seasons of Dragonball Z, trying to get all 9. It's not the best anime series out there, critically speaking, but still my favorite.

And I've found that anything by Hayao Miyazaki is fabulous. Really the man can do no wrong.

But my personal favorite movie that I listed was Paprika, which I just thought was one of the most beautiful anime's I've seen, and lots of trippy fun.

My favorites are Bleach and Ruroni Kenshin. I've watched the vast majority of DBZ and DB, and Yu-Yu Hakusho. Also watched Naruto, Trinity Blood, InuYasha, that one with Samuel L Jackson that I can't think of the name of and bits and pieces of many more series(es). Several movies too.

Hubby and his little brother are major fans. Like to watch mostly though because the mangas don't last long enough. He highly recommends Cowboy Bebop and Dgray Man.

I just recently started to have an interest in anime and manga (no more than 4 months).

I currently watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I haven't read the manga yet but I already saw the first anime of FMA.

I already saw Midori no Hibi and Saikano. And read The World God Only Knows (very funny :p).

What is that movie with the princes and all the deamons, there was a plague of some sort.. i watched it a long time ago but i still fell in love with anime then... I really like Naruto... and ahhh crap,, he used his hand as a gun.... his friend had a sword from his spirit....

Yup that was it///

That was the movie that got me into anime

Then there was another movie that i cant find, due i dont know the name

It was about a boy, i think, And he went to a Bath house... their were demons in this one too but i cant remember the name, its been a long time

I personally own and have read a lot but heres a list of what I own: Sailor Moon, Hana Kimi, Dear S, Fruits Basket, Chobits, Tsubasa Chronicals, Black Bird, Tusbasa: Those with wings, Gentlmen's Alliance Cross, Full Moon o Sagashite.

I have watched: Full metal Alchemist and have the final Movie, SM (owns every episode <3), Full Moon O Sagashite, A ton of Bleach but WAY far behind -_- , All of Naruto and a few Naruto Shippuden, Own all of Trinity Blood, Own all of Moon Phase, Chobits, Fruits Basket, and others that I'm drawing a blank on :D plus what ever was listed up above

I hate anime, but I have watched some, I suppose I should admit it. I watched Sailor Moon (I think that's what it was) about... 7 years ago. I'm not sure, I just know it was when I was younger.

I've watched Gunslinger Girl... And I'll grudgingly admit... I did like it, quite a bit.

Everything else that I've seen I hated. :P

Yeah it's not for every one, but I really think that there is at least one anime or Manga that some one can really relate to.

OMG!! I can't believe I forgot to mention the Dramacon Series!!

IT'S ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not into Manga, really.  I've seen more anime series that I don't like than I like, also.  

I've seen:

Dragonball

DBZ

Dragonball GT

ES Otherwise

Wolf's Rain

Mahoromatic

Hand Maid May

Love Hina

Princess Ressurection

Indian Summer(stuuuuupid)

Spirited Away(movie)

El Hazard: Wanderers

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Clannad

Clannad Afterstory

Burn Up eXcess

...and probably more I'm forgetting.  Not a big list, but considering I've watched most at the behest of my wife, it's more than I should have seen.  Most are targetted to girls.  A shocking amount are mostly fillers with few important episodes.

I enjoyed Wolf's Rain and Samurai Deeper Kyo.  Both the animation and the animes were good.  Clannad has some good animation, but it's a romance anime and I like there to be a little action, though it did have a lot of good humor in it.  After Story was mostly sad.  Pretty depressing.

Edit: These also

Pretear

Tsukihime

Bastard

Fullmetal Alchemist

Trigun

Outlaw Star

Appleseed(movie)

To Heart

Archived