DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The True Source and the Three Powers

Dagon Thyne

I have been think of something for awhile now.  We always hear channeling being called tapping into or embracing the True Source, but we never get a full explaination on what the True Source is.  In EOTW, I beleive Moiraine says that it is the pool of energy that powers the wheel of time and that the One Power comes from it.  I beleive its more than that.  

There are 3 great powers in the WOT universe.  The One power, the True Power, and the Power of Creation.  My theory is that all of these are spawned from the True Source.  When the Creator tapped into the TS, the power of the source is purified in his body and becomes the power of creation.  When the Dark one does so, it is taimted and corrupted into the True Power.  I'm not quite sure what causes the break into Saidin and Saidar, but a portion of the source is split and made into the One Power.  

I believe that the Dark one and Creator may actually be born of the True Source.  In other words, I beleive that the True Source is just that.  It is the True Source of good and evil, light and darkness, creation and nothingness.

Where do you get the 'Power of Creation'?

The Creator, you could say is a force, or his own power,  but I don't think there is a 'Power of Creation'.

I don't remember if she says a 'pool' in any analogy, but that is just lapse on my part, she could have. Of course, it is a never ending pool. ;D

The True Power is not from the True Source, but you can say it is opposite of the 'Power of Creation', as it comes from the DO.

I have to disagree with you, because then we would get something that says so. If half of the True Source (Saidar and Saidin) were half good and half evil, we would know.

P.S. I like how you are starting threads. Get some discussion going. Although, I am not sure if you are repeating any. Someone will say though.

EDIT: Dammit...pressed the post button instead of preview.

I think that Rand IS the creator in human form. Think about it, Rand is allways the one to stop the DO. The Creator made Rand* to be his human connection on earth (or Randland...whatever) to one up the DO.

*By this I don't mean Rand personaly, but the role he plays. (I.E. Rand, LTT, and other past hero/destructors) Ishmael hints that he and Rand have been battling personaly since the wheel was made, so maybe Ishmael is the DO's attempt at a Rand.

Archived