DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What ever happened to Padin Fain/Mordeth/Ordith?

nophone

There were past threads that discussed this.

Last on screen scene was in Winter's Heart.

There are at least these possibilities:

-Fain chasing Rand.

-Fain influencing some person.

-Fain trying to avoid the assassins that were sent against him.

-Fain being dead.

We would likely for sure know by the end of the main series; maybe by Towers of Midnight.

Fains M.O is to seek out those with powers, to influence in the direction he wants (something the Mordeth side of him is very good at). He has never tried to act alone, and I do not think he has changed this behaviour. So, he has most likely been busy trying to seek out a new base of power to influence. Granted, this is a lot more difficult for him nowadays, since Rand has put a quite high price on Fains head, so he can not act openly. There is also the little detail of that pesky Slayer still being charged with taking Fain down.

• 3 weeks later...

The last place I remember Fain being is in Seanchan disguised as a servant or some such.  There have been passages relating to chaos in Seanchan after the Empress died. Perhaps this is due mainly to Fain's influence, being that he is now Mordeth?

Last time Fain had any dealings with the Seanchan was in TGH, in Falme.

Last time we saw him was when he tried to kill Rand in Far Madding, in WH.

The last place I remember Fain being is in Seanchan disguised as a servant or some such.  There have been passages relating to chaos in Seanchan after the Empress died. Perhaps this is due mainly to Fain's influence, being that he is now Mordeth?

Last time Fain had any dealings with the Seanchan was in TGH, in Falme.

Last time we saw him was when he tried to kill Rand in Far Madding, in WH.

That was in TGH?  Holy Crap.  Well, I haven't read through the series in a while.....

Archived