DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad's Romantic Interest

susie10

hey-

new to the forum and I know this really isn't crucial to the plot line but its been annoying me

On wikipedia and on the WoT wiki it keeps mentioning how Berelain is most likely to be Galad's love interest

I admit that it is quite possible with Min predicting she will love a man in white - but thats a pretty large spectrum of guys

I'm surprised no one drew links between Galad and Serene Sedai (I think her last name is Nemdahl) of the White ajah

Min predicted with Galad that(I hope I got this right)

-two beautiful people falling in love with each other.

Sarene is the only character, other than Galad and Lanfear, whose physical beauty is consistently commented upon- Moraine even commented on it in the prequel

Min also had a viewing of Sarene where she predicted that Sarene would have “A tempestuous love affair, of all things!”

-which is pretty much how I would describe a relationship between leader of the white cloaks and an Aes Sedai

Also does anyone know if there is a viewing for Galad of two people in white falling in love

because, you know - white cloak white ajah

What does anyone else think?

p.s. personally I'd like to see Galad with Egwene cause Gawyn is a little whiny..... but anyway[/color]

Galad just seems way to girlish to me.  A Randland metrosexual perhaps?

Anyhoo, on one hand Berelain is attracted to men that present a challenge, and Galad would seem to be, in his self virtous and honorableness, quite the trophy for her.  But, she has also shown that her actions are not always out of lust or the hunt, but for political gain and the preservation of her nation.

Hooking up with Galad just doesn't seem to me like a smart political move on her part.  Sure, he basically is the leader of the Children of the Light, and could offer some military might to her nation, but on the other hand, it seems she would be gaining protection from Tear only to have to defend herself from the Children. 

That would be like leaving the protection of the KKK for the protection of the Black Panthers.

I would probably bet half my farm - minus one or two cows - we barely see Galad but i doubt Robert Jordan would throw in Min viewing his romantic interest only to leave it unresolved - plus time frame isn't a huge issue - each book is huge by anyone's standards (excluding Tolstoy)

Personaly, I would like to see Galad make a move on Egwene. Then I would like to see Egwene use BF on Galad, then have Nyneave heal him back into existance so that Rand can BF him. After that I would like to see Nyneave heal Galad into existance again, and have Gawyn slash Galad into little pieces with his sword. After all that, his remains can be fed to some captured trollocs for all I care.

Personaly, I would like to see Galad make a move on Egwene. Then I would like to see Egwene use BF on Galad, then have Nyneave heal him back into existance so that Rand can BF him. After that I would like to see Nyneave heal Galad into existance again, and have Gawyn slash Galad into little pieces with his sword. After all that, his remains can be fed to some captured trollocs for all I care.

What he said.

End of story.

I wouldn't rule it out by any means.  But considering the limited time frame we have to look forward to, I wouldn't bet the farm on it coming to fruition.

Well, both Galad and Berelain ARE in the same corner of the map at the end of KoD.

• 2 weeks later...

''Galad's Romantic Interest''

I have to agree with some of the others. If you read between the lines, its been pretty adroitly implied.

Think Renly Baraethon.

Or Loras Tyrell.

Or Elaida Sedai, for that matter...if you know what I mean.

On a reread, its pretty hard to miss.

Fish

but...but... he liked eggy.

Great, but I would let Nyneave heal his remains, and toss them over to Berelain, so they can have some fun...

Great, but I would let Nyneave heal his remains, and toss them over to Berelain, so they can have some fun...

then bela will eat him.

Archived