DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A weird question on geography

Usernameless

A weird question I know but...

If one were to sail westward, past Seanchan would one end up in the Aiel waste or at Shara? Or are there other bodies of land in this world.

Or, if you were to sail south, past tremalking, would there be land? Maybe a south pole or something?

It seems odd that this world is a pangea-like world. Could there not be other lands, or maybe islands, that hold people scattered from The Breaking? Maybe there is a remote island where the knowledge of the Age of Legends has been preserved, either by word of mouth passed down generation to generation, or by some long lost library of some sort.

Maybe there is another continent that has not been affected by the Dark One at all. The Breaking could have been a localized incedent. If that were so then maybe there are lands out there that still possess the technology or powers of past Ages. Maybe there are lands where alot of people can Channel using the third source of energy?

Sorry for the long wall of text, but I was just curious.

http://www.wotmud.org/directory/maps.php

Check out the Global Map there, you will see there are Northern and Southern Ice Caps. As for your hypotheses concerning Age of Legends knowledge, it certainly is possible that certain lands could be untouched by the breaking or the Dark One, however, I doubt this very much. All of saidin was tainted by the Dark One, not just a portion, but all (except for the pure stuff contained in the Eye of the World), therefore, all those able to wield it would have gone mad.

As for technology from the Age of Legends, again, it's possible that some is still used in certain places, but it's more likely that most of the best technology was lost, because if the knowledge/technology/libraries were still around, I think the people would likely try to find the main land at some point. I could be wrong, but there is no evidence to support/deny.

And finally, with the third source of energy, I suppose you mean what Mierin/Lanfier discovered, the True Power. This third power, stronger and able to be channeled by males and females alike, is only granted by the Dark One. So if there is an entire island of Darkfriends able to channel the True Power, Creator shelter the Dragon's forces during the Last Battle...

I've only been on this board a couple weeks myself, but SPOILER ALERT is still in effect to my knowledge. Anyways, to your question, I believe that Rand is connected to Moridin (Ishmael), I think that it's Rand and Moridin have a connection because of their connected Balefiring incident. I'll admit my views are not conclusive, and are just my opinions (kind of a redundant statement, I know).

Anyways, I find this topic rather interesting and enjoy discussing it with you, but I need to get going soon and I'm wondering if we've SPOILED too much, perhaps it is best to delete this thread (you could copy and paste your original post if you want to keep it going). Unless SPOILER ALERT is no longer on, then I just sound foolish.

I don't see how Lews Therin could hae been "really in Rand's head." Lews Therin knew several things that Rand couldn't possibly know, and Rand IS Lews reincarnated pretty much.

But if there are too many spoilers I hope I don't get like banned or something. I'm not sure if a MOD could erase these spoilers himself, but if they can't just tell me and I will erase them.

(again, im new. Not 100% on what is construed as a 'Spoiler' around here.)

Aside from the Land of Madness, which lies deep in the southern hemisphere, I'm pretty sure those are all of the major landmasses. No doubt, like our world, there are many small islands scattered throughout the seas. I suspect that there are far more isles in the Sea of Storms as well to the south of what we see, though smaller than Tremalking.

Archived