Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Vanion

The Blade's End Tavern

Recommended Posts

Most apartments would have a balcony with a braai:

 

12-6-1058x738.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look awesome!

 

Yes, it was a lovely night, sitting at our little fire.  Everything happened in Charlotte, NC, and the wedding itself was a nice small one.  I could tell my older brother was extremely tense throughout everything, but I know I will be too if I ever find someone.  Just about everyone who attended seemed to be a triathlete or some racer (my older brother has been competing for years--just about all his friends are triathletes too and of course his wife is).  At the reception after the wedding, once everyone saw that I was a very good dancer despite the arm and limp, I got many questions about my own interests--those asking could think of women IMMEDIATELY.  I didn't probe any further, though--I'm guessing everyone they could think of lives in Charlotte, when I rarely visit the city and all I could do until I return is become penpals.  I'm leaving Edinburgh in 2020, so I'm not looking now.  Someday.

 

I'm so incredibly happy for the two of them.  I hope they live well.

Edited by haycraftd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might seem odd, but no.  I actually have a fairly good idea of where I'm going.

 

I'm going to wrap up my degree in early 2020. But I can't stay in Edinburgh without a job and I'm planning on walking away then.  I've discovered I'm not an academic and a good friend of mine (a physical therapist) offered me a job as one of his assistants once I finish.  I know just about everything already in physical therapy, if I don't know the exact terminology, because of my looong medical history (I'd be good with practical experience and I'd also be an inspiration). When he offered it, I bit. 

 

So by July/August 2020, if all goes well, I'll be in New Orleans working at his clinic.  I don't know whether this will be a layover job or become a more permanent one, but it's something to look forward to.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there are.  I don't think many friends could leave, really.  In Katrina's aftermath, the parents couldn't think of anywhere to go if New Orleans was actually gone and the parents aren't natives.  I've led a fairly good life in Edinburgh, but I can't stay and since I have a good job waiting for me in 2020, I'm coming back.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, haycraftd said:

Yes, there are.  I don't think many friends could leave, really.  In Katrina's aftermath, the parents couldn't think of anywhere to go if New Orleans was actually gone and the parents aren't natives.  I've led a fairly good life in Edinburgh, but I can't stay and since I have a good job waiting for me in 2020, I'm coming back.      

 

So, do you have to leave for a period and then go back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I'm home in New Orleans twice a year--once to celebrate Christmas and then to have a month in summer.  Then I'm back in Edinburgh for the rest of the year, gnawing at my degree. But February 2020, I'm winning it! 😏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, haycraftd said:

Yup, I'm home in New Orleans twice a year--once to celebrate Christmas and then to have a month in summer.  Then I'm back in Edinburgh for the rest of the year, gnawing at my degree. But February 2020, I'm winning it! 😏 

 

You will be so happy when it’s finished!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 10:00 AM, Elgee said:

Most apartments would have a balcony with a braai:

 

12-6-1058x738.jpg

 

This is amazing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×